No tactic* and lots of experimental shouting

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 27/06/2019 at 23:07, FMunderachiever said:

Ok, good points. But answer this:

If a new player chooses a pre set tactic. Or any player for that matter. He should AT LEAST be able to achieve the success you achieved by letting players do their own thing while you picked their roles.

Otherwise, all these added in instructions are pointless and the player is deliberately being led down a blind alley when all they needed to do was pick a formation and roles, which 99.9% of people playing the game could have done.

And just make the AI more clever then. Make Guardiolas tactics more effective. That would reflect real life

Well I am a big underachiever in FM and my first goal is always not getting fired in season 1. I always pick lower and middle class teams and before getting in touch with this Forum used the prepared tactics and usually get fired first or second season because there was no improvement or lesser success. That is what’s happening if you just splash some players on the field and try to win.

this experiment of Herne is very interesting because I used shouts and speeches and Dialoges frequently and I believe it was this when I accidentally had I winning squad or reached the goal of season on last matchday.

In line of the oppening post, i've started a save using no TIs, PIs, OIs.. 

The roles are inspired by Klopp's Liverpool system. 

The only changes i usually make during a match is changing the DMd to DLPd if i notice him having time on the ball, Car to BBM if i want more presence in and around the area (good goals from him, just outside the box) and the F9 to DLFs, CFs or PFa, depending on what i want (more movement or more presence in the area).

So far, it is the best football i've managed on FM20. 

20200112162235_1.jpg

20200112162243_1.jpg

20200112162743_1.jpg

20200112162814_1.jpg

20200112162834_1.jpg

Edited by Rakatics
added more screenshots
1 minute ago, Rakatics said:

The only changes i usually make during a match is changing the DMd to DLPd if i notice him having time on the ball, Car to BBM if i want more presence in and around the area (good goals from him, just outside the box) and the F9 to DLFs, CFs or PFa, depending on what i want (more movement or more presence in the area).

20200112162235_1.jpg

20200112162243_1.jpg

Same to me here it’s incredible good and fun! 

1 hour ago, Rakatics said:

20200112162235_1.jpg

20200112162243_1.jpg

20200112162743_1.jpg

20200112162814_1.jpg

20200112162834_1.jpg

Looks good! I may try it as an away tactic to see if it makes me more solid. 

On 28/06/2019 at 03:42, herne79 said:

I've been having a little experiment and playing around with using Touchline Shouts with no tactical instructions*.

* No tactical instructions here means no TIs, PIs or OIs used and Mentality left on Balanced.

All I've done is pick a team, a formation and thrown together some player roles & duties.  Then during matches I just use touchline shouts, no other changes (apart from subs).  I've never done this before so I wanted to see two things:

1) The effect of using no TIs, PIs or OIs.  I want to leave things as "vanilla" as possible without bogging players down with tactical instructions.  In other words, I give them the framework (Mentality, formation and roles) and then let them get on with things.  I have no tactical style in mind (a primary reason for using TIs etc) and want to remove (as far as possible) any outside influence which may distract my players.  I want to focus on the players as much as possible.

2) What happens when using the shouts?  Does it do anything?  It would be even harder to gauge this if I threw a bunch of TIs at my team or made constant tactical changes during the course of a match.

My Setup

oEGrXgl.png

Can I ask a question....(great idea by the way, I'm sort of doing the same but with some instructions).....why is your RWB set to Defend when you're playing a Trequartista on the right side of attack?

Surely you need your RWB overlapping?

I've noticed a few people have different attacking levels for their FBs. I just play my both on Support.  

There was once a time where I'd look at opposition teams and try and see if there was a weakness down a particular side but it didn't seem to make a difference.

Hey man, I do the same experiment with my hearts. Very balanced tactic and then teamshouts! It’s great first season 3rd place, this season close to Christmas I’m 2nd behind Celtic with a streak of 14 unbeaten games.

Herne quit his time here but he explained that because Zabaleta is only as a WBd good enough especially with Yarmolenko in T role in front. Though it is linked to the West Ham players and could be different with other players.

i also play with two supporting WB but to get more out of your team you could also bring your players stats and a different tactical balance into play. For example Cleon has a very adventurous tactic (which works well) with many creative roles and a CWBa behind a RMDa which is really gung-ho but it makes sense as the CWBa is in transition higher up the pitch and closer to counter players on the flank. 

• 6 months later...

I just wanted to stop by and thank you for this topic, Herne. It gave me really good insights in how this game actually works. I am one of those guys who almost always loses himself in way too many instructions in the TC. This topic gave me some inspiration to try something like this myself with a 4-1-4-1 (or 4-1-2-2-1 as it was called). Having great fun and actually enjoying my save more than I ever did, because I don't lose myself in every little detail anymore. It's not that I don't touch the TC instructions ever, but I'm much more aware of when I need an instruction and what that instruction does. 

Example: I didn't like how rushed my play was, so I added lower tempo. A great little side effect of that change is that I am now seeing great build up play with much intentional posession, and thats even without having any of the usual shouts like high LOE et cetera. I really love it.