FM 2019 worth getting now?

Seen FM 2019 on sale on Steam for £13 and might pull the trigger. Haven't played the series in a while. Just need to know a few things first:

Are there any bugs (major or game breaking) in the game?

Can you remove Brexit and its potential outcomes using the pre-game editor?

Apart from tactics, training and dynamics changes/additions, is everything mostly the same as it has been the last few years?

Thanks

For £13 mate, it's well worth it

I don't know if any major issues/flaws in the game, it is very stable for me and probably one of the most enjoyable games for a while

Brexit, there is no official way to remove it (i don't think) but there are databases that do, i believe.  It adds to the game to have it there though, makes you play differently each time and can add to the experience

I don't know how to answer that, the game evolves like football does, but the idea of the game doesn't.  Get it, take over a decent team where you can learn the different aspects and then go from there :) 

4 hours ago, mstrmind5 said:

Yes.  YouTube is your friend there.

2 minutes ago, dap1987 said:

Brexit, there is no official way to remove it (i don't think) but there are databases that do, i believe.  It adds to the game to have it there though, makes you play differently each time and can add to the experience

That training schedule bug is not exactly a show-stopping game-breaker in my eyes, but I guess we all see certain bugs differently.

My experience of FM19 is very positive. I have a few gripes with the UI, but the game itself is solid and stable, and the major new features aren't that hard to get to grips with.

Ultimately, though, only you can decide for yourself if FM19 is worth the investment. As Fraz suggested, play the demo (you get half a season of playtime), and if you like what you see, feel free to take the plunge. Try before you buy. :)

8 ore fa, mstrmind5 ha scritto:

Seen FM 2019 on sale on Steam for £13 and might pull the trigger. Haven't played the series in a while. Just need to know a few things first:

Are there any bugs (major or game breaking) in the game?

Game-breaking? Not likely

Plenty of annoying quirks you may need to navigate through? Yes, as usual

At 13 quid, it's a no-brainer... Even in the case you'll struggle and get bored, you'll be able to squeeze enough hours of play (can't guarantee that every minute will be FUN, though... :)to make the purchase worthwhile.

I think there are additional editor files that override Brexit

Apart from tactics, training and dynamics changes/additions, is everything mostly the same as it has been the last few years?

You'll find some new features and some altered ones, but if you've played FM before (like, in the 3D era), you'll be familiar enough with most of the stuff and will only need minor adjustments.

In-game tutorials are serviceable enough to get the gist of the new features. Some other stuff (scouting) are a bit meh and may not feel "right" to one used to the older system.

23 minutes ago, Filke said:

get it now so you can get to know all bugs that will be transferred to fm20

1 minute ago, Filke said:

Did I said anything not true?

Ever seen someone in a football match pick up a yellow card for persistent fouling?  Same principle on the forum.

Okay tried the demo and mostly like it. Need to solve the issue with too many unhappy players due to playing time.

If true, sucks that I can't deselect that Brexit agreement in the pre-game editor like you could do previously under advanced rules. Unless I have understood that incorrectly. Will have to get one of the files instead.

I bought it a couple of weeks back for £15 and I’m hooked - first one I’ve played in a couple of years, and I’m thoroughly enjoying it. 

I downloaded the FM19 demo to try, as I saw the Steam deal as well.  But when I tried to play my FM19 demo, when trying to load the game, it shut down and said there was a serious error and the application would close.  Tried downloading the demo twice now.  I have a feeling it's probably a computer issue on my end.  Doesn't look like I'll be able to try FM19.   Kind of a bummer though, $17 is a heck of a deal

1 hour ago, sportsfanmas said:

I downloaded the FM19 demo to try, as I saw the Steam deal as well.  But when I tried to play my FM19 demo, when trying to load the game, it shut down and said there was a serious error and the application would close.  Tried downloading the demo twice now.  I have a feeling it's probably a computer issue on my end.  Doesn't look like I'll be able to try FM19.   Kind of a bummer though, $17 is a heck of a deal

That is almost certainly an issue with the computer and not the game- make sure that your machine exceeds the minimum spec fr the game and that all the hardware drivers are fully updated, especially the graphics card.

Archived