Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
DownTheFrank

Quick question about player development [Spoilers ahead]

I'm doing a throwaway save just to look under the hood and see how some things happen. 

And i just wanted to know, from the ME and tinker guys, what the highest CA gain in a season, two season and 3 season span was for one of your players. 

@RBKalle 

Never really tried to extract some figures...

CA in isolation isn't much useful IMO and there are way too many factors to take into account to assess whether a raise of N CA points can be considered as fair, unfair or exaggerate.

6 hours ago, RBKalle said:

Never really tried to extract some figures...

CA in isolation isn't much useful IMO and there are way too many factors to take into account to assess whether a raise of N CA points can be considered as fair, unfair or exaggerate.

Fair, but i wanted to know when i should expect a very motivated, young player to reach close to his max potential. I was thinking maybe ~20-25/yr. Which would mean i have to holiday 4 years into the future to see how the 4 players i'm monitoring turned out. 

Posted (edited)

Wouldn't holidaying 4 years into the future leave an awful lot of the players development up to chance? You could probably do that 100 times in a row and get 100 different outcomes.

Edited by Baodan

1 ora fa, DownTheFrank ha scritto:

Fair, but i wanted to know when i should expect a very motivated, young player to reach close to his max potential. I was thinking maybe ~20-25/yr. Which would mean i have to holiday 4 years into the future to see how the 4 players i'm monitoring turned out. 

It depends on a lot of factors, all of them outside of your control if you holiday through a save.

If given enough playing time, quality training, mentoring and feedback, a young player with decent starting CA (adequate to comfortably feature in the first team) and good mental/hidden attributes can become a starter even within his first or second year. So 18-20 depending on how young he is when you play him.

But if you let the AI take care of all that, you're just playing a lottery. The coaches may think a promising AMC would be better suited as BWM and retrain him, wasting a lot of time and potential. Or may even not get how talented he is and they'll loan him out, stunting his development. Etc...
Also, an injury or another random event could derail his rise to the top and you'd only find out 4 years later...

There isn't really a set pattern. Surely there's a "best case scenario", where everything goes according to plan in the most linear way possible (a reverse Murphy's Law if you will), and in such case I'd guess a growth of 15-20CA points could be expected, but those are extremely rare cases. Think of, say, Messi or CR7. And that of course happens to a handful of top prospects who start in the game as high-CA and high-PA players with well-rounded attributes and personality.

If you have a pacey winger with average technique, low determination, temperamental personality and volatile media-handling style, don't expect him to become a world-beater anytime soon. If at all.

And the key advice is: don't delegate much, because AI can't be trusted.

Seems relevant here to mention that attribute growth drives CA growth, not vice versa. It is the attributes that improve (or decline) taking the CA with them.

20 hours ago, Seb Wassell said:

Seems relevant here to mention that attribute growth drives CA growth, not vice versa. It is the attributes that improve (or decline) taking the CA with them.

Agreed. And i think i need to clarify, i chose to use CA as a rough and easy way to measure improvement, basically my question was, - How much can a player improve within a year in the game ?. 

Has anybody had a Jadon Sancho of sorts - player that went from youth side to starter for a champions league team/title contender within a year .