Sports Interactive Community

Posted (edited)

I can’t load the game and for some reason the manager on the side of the starting screen(where you can pick for example career mode, create a club, online career and so on) is not the manager I edited and there are 3 managers and not 1. If you want to look how the problem looks like you can see it on Twitter @EnesCerkezi

Edited by ec903

Looking at the video you've posted on Twitter it looks like the save is corrupted. Unfortunately there is not much we can do to fix a corrupted save but you maybe able to restore to previous version via the Windows 'Restore Previous Versions' function. 

We would recommend you to check your 'last save overwrite backup.fm' which is an auto backup save of your latest save game.

Let us know how you get on, please. Thanks.

So I went on my “last save overwrite backup.fm” and it worked.

I managed to play from that save and now I can play normally without the save being corrupted.

I can also click on the latest save without problems and the manager is normal again.

Thank you for the help👍🏼

No worries, we are glad to have helped you! Thank you for letting us know.

****, same thing happened again but I did the same thing to fix it and it worked yet again but it’s really annoying because I had to replay 5 games and I’m a bit frustrated that I have to lose that much progress over and over again potentially.

There could be something that is interfering with your game whist saving. Are you using anti-virus? If so we would suggest you to list FM19 and Steam as exception.

Otherwise, we would recommend you to save your game weekly and have Auto save type as "Mew File for Every Auto Save".

Thanks.

So good news my game is normal and nothing bad has happened to it since we last spoke, but I have now bought a new laptop and I don’t know how to play the same save I hade on my last laptop, so can you please tell me if you know how to transfer the save over or in another way somehow play it.

Did you save your game locally on your hard drive or did you save it to Steam Cloud?

If it is the former, you can find your save C:\Users\[Your Windows Username]\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2019\game, simply copy the save to a USB stick/external hard drive or any other way to your new laptop in the same location and you should be able to find it in the game.

If you use Steam Cloud, you should be able to access it when you click on the Cloud tab after you click on "load game" button on the start game.