Jump to content
Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
mikcheck

Youth strategy?

Recommended Posts

Hello all,

What is your youth strategy? Let's imagine that your youth intake is poor and players have poor quality. Do you  search for players to your youth team? Like a whole team if necessary?

Thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If my intake is poor then so be it, I’ll still have them in my U18 squad as there’s always a chance they’ll improve beyond expectation.

I’ll generally bolster my youth squad if I need more depth in my first team squad or if there’s a particular position where my options are getting on a bit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do the players on the U-teams develop even if they don't play games? 

The club I manage has a U-19 team and a reserve team, but for some reason, none of them are invited to play in their respective league system. I don't know what to do about it, but maybe it doesn't matter for their development?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t know the ins and outs of it, but I’d assume that if a player isn’t playing then they won’t make any significant improvements. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Em 24/06/2019 em 07:09, Joe. disse:

If my intake is poor then so be it, I’ll still have them in my U18 squad as there’s always a chance they’ll improve beyond expectation.

I’ll generally bolster my youth squad if I need more depth in my first team squad or if there’s a particular position where my options are getting on a bit.

Thanks for your reply.

I want to start thinking ahead, so I spent around 50 million  on 7 young prospects between 15 and 18 yo. Hope they develop nice and make to the first team. And I also hope my scouts reports and the stars given are correct lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 24/06/2019 at 08:28, anystroem said:

Do the players on the U-teams develop even if they don't play games? 

The club I manage has a U-19 team and a reserve team, but for some reason, none of them are invited to play in their respective league system. I don't know what to do about it, but maybe it doesn't matter for their development?  

There's a lot of threads and posts here and around the web on youth development, but to reply to your question: game-time does not affect players until they reach 18. So don't worry about your U19 squad in that sense. Hire the best coach available and check their personality. As for the reserve team I would park there player in the 19 to 21 bracket and put them all for loan as in that period is when they should okay regular football in competitive matches.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Pavi said:

There's a lot of threads and posts here and around the web on youth development, but to reply to your question: game-time does not affect players until they reach 18. So don't worry about your U19 squad in that sense. Hire the best coach available and check their personality. As for the reserve team I would park there player in the 19 to 21 bracket and put them all for loan as in that period is when they should okay regular football in competitive matches.

Thank you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With each intake I search the other clubs and try to sign them or shitlist them to sign them in the summer. I try to pick up 17 yo or younger so they get that Homegrown club.

 

Currently trying to figure a way to best beat the new work permit system I got through Brexit (limited to 16 foreign players, british passport helps me. So also shifting my focus to English born players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎24‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 07:28, anystroem said:

Do the players on the U-teams develop even if they don't play games? 

The club I manage has a U-19 team and a reserve team, but for some reason, none of them are invited to play in their respective league system. I don't know what to do about it, but maybe it doesn't matter for their development?  

 

On ‎24‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 07:48, Joe. said:

I don’t know the ins and outs of it, but I’d assume that if a player isn’t playing then they won’t make any significant improvements. 

 

On ‎25‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 23:47, Pavi said:

There's a lot of threads and posts here and around the web on youth development, but to reply to your question: game-time does not affect players until they reach 18. So don't worry about your U19 squad in that sense. Hire the best coach available and check their personality. As for the reserve team I would park there player in the 19 to 21 bracket and put them all for loan as in that period is when they should okay regular football in competitive matches.

Just to clear this up - game time and training are important for all players, regardless of age.  However, before the age of 18 Training takes precedence.  From 18 and up, game time (at a relevant level) takes precedence.  So game time does affect players under 18, it's just not as important as effective Training :thup:.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...