Sports Interactive Community
FmCareers

Anyone moved Queens Park from Amateur to further?

As the title suggests has anyone been able to move Queens Park away from amateur level in scottish football?

Seems difficult from what i have read....

From memory is their amateur status not hard coded into the game and so cant be changed?

Yes it is frustrating, but their amateur status is the lynchpin of their whole existence  in the game, so it is not difficult to accept that this will never be changed.

1 minute ago, FrazT said:

Yes it is frustrating, but their amateur status is the lynchpin of their whole existence  in the game, so it is not difficult to accept that this will never be changed.

Seems a bit pointless in all honesty 

That's what makes a save with them more interesting, a few FM's ago I got them to the SPL and won the Scottish Cup bit I couldn't get higher than 10th or 11th in the SPL

4 minutes ago, Dan BHTFC said:

That's what makes a save with them more interesting, a few FM's ago I got them to the SPL and won the Scottish Cup bit I couldn't get higher than 10th or 11th in the SPL

Were they always an amateur status?

4 hours ago, FmCareers said:

Were they always an amateur status?

Given they've been an amateur team for nearly 152 years, and their motto is "To play for the sake of playing", they won't go professional, or even semi-pro, in real life, and that is reflected in the game with them being hardcoded to remain amateur.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Queen's_Park_F.C.

Even in the SPL rules it states all teams must be professional except Queen's Park who are exempt from this rule