Sports Interactive Community

Does anyone have any idea what may have happened. 

Ive been saving my game via the cloud, the game is currently in 2027/28 season this is on my main laptop. However I’ve tried to load the save up on my works macbook and it has only got the save game in the 2024/25 season. 

I quit the game without saving so hopefully when I go back on my main laptop in a couple of days the save will be back in the 2027/28 season. No clue how this has happened. Any way I could check what has happened?

Have you checked if the save is back to 2027/28 season on your PC? 

The common cause for this kind of sync issues is most likely to be caused by not waiting for the sync to be completed after shutting down the game. I would suggest you to use the "save as" option to create another save game under a new name and test again.

Let us know how you get on, please. Thank you.

Thanks mate, will have a look in the morning as I’m travelling home today. 

Think it should be fine, as I didn’t save over the online game of anything just saw the change in date and switched the game off and uninstalled 

I’ve had someone check it for me and the file is still working. And my save is still upto the right date in the 2027 season phew 

will make the changes you suggested 

Let us know how you get on. I would also suggest you to create a test save on Steam Cloud and see if it sync across to the Macbook so you don't have to risk your long save.

Thanks.

Just tried it, manage to get it across at the right day I’ve also decided to save it on the laptop and on the cloud at the same time and make physical backup of the save on a usb stick just to be sure 

Having a local backup alongside the cloud save is probably the best practice. Thank you for letting us know.