Jump to content
Sports Interactive Community
crusadertsar

How to Use Shadow Striker Effectively in FM19

Recommended Posts

Great stuff. Really well thought out and articulated. Very similar to the journey I am currently on with Mane (ss) and Firmino (f9). The really interesting part is identifying a couple of hot prospects and moulding them into a similar pair to be backups, then rotations and ultimately, replacements.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, mikelfc8 said:

Great stuff. Really well thought out and articulated. Very similar to the journey I am currently on with Mane (ss) and Firmino (f9). The really interesting part is identifying a couple of hot prospects and moulding them into a similar pair to be backups, then rotations and ultimately, replacements.

Thank you mate. I appreciate the feedback. I'm just curious why you are not using Mo Salah? Mane is a great choice for Shadow Striker but in my opinion Mo is even better one. When I filtered the best attributes for the role in my experiment save looking for candidates Salah was one of the first to come up. Is he still in your squad? I assumed you are playing with Liverpool. 

Edited by crusadertsar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You're spot on, Salah is even better. At the moment I have a good young prospect who can cover Mane's IF role on the left and Salah is really dangerous in his IF role on the right with attack duty.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

would be interested if you had a try with a SS and CF(s) and how it worked out. And how does an AM(a) vary from SS as he also tries to get into scoring positions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, CARRERA said:

would be interested if you had a try with a SS and CF(s) and how it worked out. And how does an AM(a) vary from SS as he also tries to get into scoring positions.

SS and CF(s) could work very well especially if CF has "comes deep to get ball" trait. I'm thinking Kane and Dele Alli partnership would work well with those roles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had fun with SS and DLF-Su with all the CF PIs except "dribble more", (Reus as SS, Götze who has no pace so didn't want to dribble as DLF), and this was back when the movement was still terrible, so I'd imagine SS-CF could work quite well. I trained Götze with "Comes Deep To Get Ball" too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, crusadertsar said:

SS and CF(s) could work very well especially if CF has "comes deep to get ball" trait. I'm thinking Kane and Dele Alli partnership would work well with those roles

In FM18, my favorite partnership for Kane and Alli in the 4231 I used in my Spurs save was - Kane DLFsu / Alli SS. Another partnership that I occasionally used was - Kane CFsu / Alli AMat. 

 

13 hours ago, CARRERA said:

how does an AM(a) vary from SS as he also tries to get into scoring positions

SS has slightly higher initial positioning than AMat. Plus - unlike SS - AMat is not hard-coded to move into channels, play risky passes and dribble more. You can make an AMat behave a bit more like SS by manually adding these PIs, but there are hard-coded behaviors under the hood that define each role, so there still will be a difference. A similar case is with a mezzala and standard CM customized to resemble a mezzala.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Ah yes, the DLF-SS combo, also known as "Harry Kane and Dele Alli break the game" :lol:. I'm currently a few years into an AC Milan save, and Lucas Paqueta and Patrick Cutrone are running this to perfection. Lucas isn't quite in the same class as Pelé and Kaká, but but he's doing a credible job of inheriting their legacy.

Edited by Omnissiah

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was just wondering what were people's thoughts on the best PPMs for shadow striker to have? I know that plays one twos and gets forward are good. But what are some others?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, crusadertsar said:

Was just wondering what were people's thoughts on the best PPMs for shadow striker to have? I know that plays one twos and gets forward are good. But what are some others?

 

Rounds Keeper? Given you’ll generally end up with a guy with good dribbling, and hopefully the interplay with the support striker will get you a few one-on-ones.

Gets Into Opposition Area is another one - redundant if you have Gets Forward though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, zlatanera said:

Rounds Keeper? Given you’ll generally end up with a guy with good dribbling, and hopefully the interplay with the support striker will get you a few one-on-ones.

Gets Into Opposition Area is another one - redundant if you have Gets Forward though. 

Good suggestion about Rounds Keeper. I figure that could work well especially if the shadow is fast

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...