Sports Interactive Community
flamekru

Crashing on game save [Windows 10 - Xbox Game Pass]

I've had a new game going since FM19 came to the new XGP on PC last week.  The past couple of days it crashes every time it tries to save. 

It is I believe the exact same issue as this thread from today: 

I've read numerous other threads on this issue and tried all the suggested solutions, to no avail:

• Lowering graphics quality to Medium (was high as I have a top spec gaming PC)
  • Adjusting power management setting in Nvidia 3D settings
  • Have latest version of Nvidia driver & Windows update
  • Done a 'reset' on the Windows app settings
  • Have the correct/latest version of the Xbox (beta) app

- I'm using cloud save, I cant change this (by clicking 'Save As'...) as this also crashes the game
- I *can* load a game but only through using 'most recent' on the title screen. I can't click Load Game from here as it crashes the game.
- I can't see any game save files under C:\Users\[YOUR USERNAME]\AppData\Local\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2019\gamepass\games

I'd love a solution to this, or at the very least a way to backup/retrieve my profile and cloud save game prior to reinstalling the game....

Hi have you try uninstalling and reinstalling xbox (beta) app itself?

Let us know how you get on. please? Thanks.

Uninstalling the game will not delete the save games; and cloud saves should be saved to your account so you are okay to reinstall the game.

8 hours ago, Jimmy Wong said:

Uninstalling the game will not delete the save games; and cloud saves should be saved to your account so you are okay to reinstall the game.

Thanks, I uninstalled and reinstalled both the Xbox beta app, and the game itself, and the issue seems to have gone away.

I now get messages about the save data being synced (I presume from the Xbox app) appearing in a separate pop up window, which I wasn't before. 

Which makes me think the Xbox (Beta) app was the issue...

Thank you for your update, glad that re-installation of xbox (beta) app and the game have done the job for you.