Sports Interactive Community

Hi, 

Just bought fm 2019 and when I go to launch it just freezes on the loading page... It will work in a small window but as soon as I put it back full screen it freezes again... Not sure what to do ??!

Are you using any custom graphics/logos/faces/skins/kits, and if so can you remove them and see if it works, please? Thank you.

1 hour ago, Jimmy Wong said:

Are you using any custom graphics/logos/faces/skins/kits, and if so can you remove them and see if it works, please? Thank you.

No there's none of them 

13 hours ago, Jimmy Wong said:

Can you delete the caches folder via File explorer and verify the Steam game files, please?

Also are you using anti-virus? If so I would suggest you to make sure that FM19 and Steamaren't interfered by the anti-virus. Details on how to do that is here: 

I've done everything you've said and still the same problem

First of all, right-click on your desktop and select 'New' -> 'Folder'

Create a folder and name it something to distinguish it (say SI backup)

Once you've done this go to your Sports Interactive folder found within 'documents' which by default is at the following location - C:\Users\[YOUR WINDOWS USERNAME]\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2019

This should contain folders like 'games', 'crash dumps' etc. Please cut every folder from here and paste them into the folder you've created on your desktop.

Once you've done this and the Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2019 folder is now empty, launch the game. If it works, copy back the files from the desktop folder and hopefully it should now load without any issues.

4 hours ago, Neil Brock said:

First of all, right-click on your desktop and select 'New' -> 'Folder'

Create a folder and name it something to distinguish it (say SI backup)

Once you've done this go to your Sports Interactive folder found within 'documents' which by default is at the following location - C:\Users\[YOUR WINDOWS USERNAME]\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2019

This should contain folders like 'games', 'crash dumps' etc. Please cut every folder from here and paste them into the folder you've created on your desktop.

Once you've done this and the Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2019 folder is now empty, launch the game. If it works, copy back the files from the desktop folder and hopefully it should now load without any issues.

No that didnt work either... still have same problem unfortunately

Can you please upload a dxdiag report

Can you attach your Dxdiag, please?

In the meantime, we would suggest you to uninstall and reinstall Football Manager 2019.

9 hours ago, Hugo Mendes Albino said:

Thanks for providing this information,

It appears your graphics drivers are outdated,

Could you please download the drivers from below:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/126789/Intel-UHD-Graphics-620

https://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/147966

Cheers,

Hugo

I've done that everything is up to date but still same problem

would like to get this problem solved if there is anything else I can do ??? 

To confirm you updated both your Nvidia and Intel graphics card drivers? If you run the game only in windowed mode (you mentioned it gets past the loading screen if you do this), does it ever have the same hanging at all in game? 

24 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

To confirm you updated both your Nvidia and Intel graphics card drivers? If you run the game only in windowed mode (you mentioned it gets past the loading screen if you do this), does it ever have the same hanging at all in game? 

yes both are updated. Yeah it will work in small windowed mode only, I ran it in full screen and it didnt even get by the first loading screen. 

Okay, if you need to force it into Windowed mode details below:

- Open Steam and access your Games Library
- Right-click on Football Manager 2019 -> Properties -> General -> Set Launch Options
- Type this in the box: -small_screen -windowed
- Click on OK, close the window and launch FM19 through Steam

1 minute ago, Neil Brock said:

Okay, if you need to force it into Windowed mode details below:

- Open Steam and access your Games Library
- Right-click on Football Manager 2019 -> Properties -> General -> Set Launch Options
- Type this in the box: -small_screen -windowed
- Click on OK, close the window and launch FM19 through Steam

Ive done that and can play it, but its only small then.. I cant play it in full screen at all ?

Well if you click the 'maximise' button within the window, it should be full screen size just with a small border - are you able to do that? 

2 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

Well if you click the 'maximise' button within the window, it should be full screen size just with a small border - are you able to do that? 

yeah it freezes again when I do that 

Ah, that is frustrating. I would suggest at this stage completely uninstalling and reinstalling your graphics card drivers (assuming you didn't do this the first time when updating?) as I do believe it's a graphics based issue.

If this still doesn't help, there may be a conflict with something else, so would be worth sending us your Belarc as shown here - https://community.sigames.com/faq/football-manager-2019/180_how-to/181_pc/how-to-find-my-belarc-file-r793/

Thanks. 

27 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

Ah, that is frustrating. I would suggest at this stage completely uninstalling and reinstalling your graphics card drivers (assuming you didn't do this the first time when updating?) as I do believe it's a graphics based issue.

If this still doesn't help, there may be a conflict with something else, so would be worth sending us your Belarc as shown here - https://community.sigames.com/faq/football-manager-2019/180_how-to/181_pc/how-to-find-my-belarc-file-r793/

Thanks. 

I'm not sure how to uninstall the drivers properly

On 04/07/2019 at 10:17, Neil Brock said:

Thanks for adding the Belarc. For the first phase let's try uninstalling and reinstalling the graphics card drivers as mentioned before. Details on how to do this can be found here - https://community.sigames.com/faq/football-manager-2019/180_how-to/181_pc/how-to-update-my-graphics-card-drivers-r625/

I have done that now and it seems to have done the trick, thank you very much