Sports Interactive Community
CR#7

What is the best messi role Fm 19

Advices are welcome.

i tend to play messi on F9 as Stcr

want to replicate messi IRL

Posted (edited)

Never used him I’m just noticing the irony of your username and that your asking for Messi’s best position

in all seriousness I’d play him as an IF-A on the right wing and just build the tactic around him as the focal point

Edited by Zeonflux

He done wonders for me in fm18 as as a raumdeuter on the right 

I would say in terms of how he plays now Trequartista at AMR sums it up as he doesn’t press any more. In terms of maximising I FM it’s more a case of picking a role and building your system around him

I'm one of the guys that hardly extracts the best from Messi in FM. Tried him in Barça or buying him into Manchester City (after like a year of back and forth negotiations), ofcourse he plays well but not Messi-like well. Specially in Man City he completely under performed, not sure why.

In theory I would say IF which is natural to him, or Winger, using what @Rashiditalks in some videos, about giving a player that has the trait to come inside (and Messi has it) the choice of also playing more vertical, giving you variety during the 90 minutes.

16 hours ago, 99 said:

Specially in Man City he completely under performed, not sure why.

I have experienced the same on FM17 - but I have to admin I did not wait a couple of seasons to let him adapt more to a new country, a new competition, and a new club as well though that's Messi :)