Sports Interactive Community
edien1993

PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD GIVE ME A LOGICAL ANWSER

As Andrew said just a few posts ago:

On 20/06/2019 at 15:26, Andrew James said:

If you have a save from just before a change to a mental attribute that you think is inappropriate, we will absolutely look into it. Player progression is a very complex balancing act and any specific examples that don't look right can always help us to improve the way it works :thup:

Thanks. 

40 minutes ago, Rashidi said:

I am so glad I am not fixated on numbers like PA and CA and just enjoy the whole experience of seeing my youngsters perform well in the youth squads get mentored by the senior players and begin their debuts with good performances.

The voice of reason

Posted (edited)
6 ore fa, Rashidi ha scritto:

I am so glad I am not fixated on numbers like PA and CA and just enjoy the whole experience of seeing my youngsters perform well in the youth squads get mentored by the senior players and begin their debuts with good performances.

Yeah...

Too bad it's hard to enjoy the youngsters' (and the new signings') natural progress when 90% of the senior squad has Det and Ldr in the single-digits and most personalities are average at best and the few guys with enough drive get dragged down because FM19 decided to go down the "lowest common denominator" path.

Edited by RBKalle

I sympathise with the thread maker as I used to feel the same frustration. I have found that hiring coaches with a resolute or determined characteristic influences the whole squad and can raise required areas. Another option is to constantly expect more in team talks - always say it was a let off, or you were not good enough etc and when the players react negatively - immediately fine them. This really shakes them up as they got mouths to feed and after around a season and half I had 10 players go from low 11, 12's in teamwork and determination to 20.

Won the league for five seasons afterwards no losing a game. Magic. 

5 hours ago, saintrainhard said:

drunk Ronaldinho

such a shame :(

as for personalities, i can't say i am the most successful in this regard. but i can still win things even with the "lesser" personalities such as fairly professional.

as far as my regens go i aim to pass on resolute since it's fairly common and hope for the best.

On 26/06/2019 at 11:29, Legendary Manager said:

Another option is to constantly expect more in team talks - always say it was a let off, or you were not good enough etc and when the players react negatively - immediately fine them. This really shakes them up as they got mouths to feed and after around a season and half I had 10 players go from low 11, 12's in teamwork and determination to 20.

Won the league for five seasons afterwards no losing a game. Magic. 

Sounds extremely silly and unrealistic

Ok...

the "the squad's less desirable characteristics have had an effect lately" BS must be toned down, like A LOT, for FM20...

One of my Highly Influential players, part of a mentoring group, lost 3 Determination points in two years (14 to 11) despite his status in the squad, great performances, balanced personality, good CA and decent progress as a player.

I restored his original Det value via the editor, and surprise surprise in 6 months he has already lost 1 point again.

How is this realistic? I can vaguely sorta kinda live with it if it's a Youth player dropping a point or two, but only if his personality isn't strong enough. But an influential player who gets enough playing time and performs just fine shouldn't be influenced like that by LESS INFLUENTIAL players!

Again, how am I supposed to use the Mentoring system if the alleged good role model gets dragged down by his "followers" instead of it being the other way around?

2 hours ago, RBKalle said:

One of my Highly Influential players, part of a mentoring group, lost 3 Determination points in two years (14 to 11) despite his status in the squad, great performances, balanced personality, good CA and decent progress as a player.

This sounds like an example we'd like to look at. Have you got save games from just before the drops to his Dtermination attribute. It's possible there's a valid explanation to this, but if you send in the saves we can at least have a look and let you know!

Instructions on how to upload saves can be found via the link below.

Cheers,

Andrew

Posted (edited)
2 ore fa, Andrew James ha scritto:

This sounds like an example we'd like to look at. Have you got save games from just before the drops to his Dtermination attribute. It's possible there's a valid explanation to this, but if you send in the saves we can at least have a look and let you know!

Instructions on how to upload saves can be found via the link below.

Cheers,

Andrew

I have a save from the day before the training report that notified me of the Determination drop/Less favourable traits message.

Uploaded: RBKalle - DPRK_Determination_drop.fm

Also, the other save I uploaded today (RBKalle - DPRK_cuptied_player_unhappy.fm) is from a couple of months (one year maybe?) earlier, before I changed the Det value with the editor, so it may be interesting to compare the two and to see what happened

Edited by RBKalle

4 hours ago, RBKalle said:

Ok...

the "the squad's less desirable characteristics have had an effect lately" BS must be toned down, like A LOT, for FM20...

I restored his original Det value via the editor, and surprise surprise in 6 months he has already lost 1 point again.

How is this realistic? I can vaguely sorta kinda live with it if it's a Youth player dropping a point or two, but only if his personality isn't strong enough. But an influential player who gets enough playing time and performs just fine shouldn't be influenced like that by LESS INFLUENTIAL players!

Again, how am I supposed to use the Mentoring system if the alleged good role model gets dragged down by his "followers" instead of it being the other way around?

One thing I would say, if this isn't a regen, is that "balanced" does not mean "average" in terms of personality. For legal reasons, it also covers everything that'd get a negative description on a newgen, so it actually means anywhere between "average" and "absolute, total unprofessional alcoholic clown with no redeeming qualities whatsoever". I think it'd probably help if they could change the term to whatever the most negative-inclined thing they can legally get away with is.

On 01/07/2019 at 13:15, Legendary Manager said:

Works though mate.

I don't do unrealistic things in my game whether they work or not but each to their own

someone with low determination isnt necessarily a bad player

He may not chase down every lost cause but may instead say obtain the perfect position as a defender or striker or perhaps make sublime passess to his team colleagues, have an abundance of flair etc 

IRL Some playmakers / flair players have been marked or tackled out of games - it may be a determined player that pops up all over the place pulling his marker with him making space for colleagues or doing a different job for the team

Can a determined player lose his determination when he has won trophies, received longer contract, higher wages

The key i think is to understand the dynamics in the FM game

On 04/07/2019 at 02:59, bbuullddoogg said:

I don't do unrealistic things in my game whether they work or not but each to their own

"Playing as Newcastle and just finished 2nd season. Finished 3rd in the league, runners-up in the Europa League, semi-final of the league cup and quarter final of the FA cup. We are labeled as "Rich"."

LOL:lol:

In my sunderland save on fm touch I hired a perfectionist youth development coach and I have seen him have impact several of the regnens with his personality maybe they have something to do with it too?