How reliable are pre-match tactical advise summaries?

Was just curious to see the general thoughts on pre match tactical advise summaries as I am too stubborn to change tactics for one game and just thought I'd ask to see if they work. Also the advised suggest in pre match briefings?

@LRB_Barr  Welcome to the forum.

You are posting your threads in the Tactics Sharing section of the forum where you are unlikely to get answers to your questions, so I'm moving them for you.  If you have further questions about tactics or training, please use the Tactics, Training & Strategies Discussion forum rather than the Tactics Sharing forum :thup:.

1 hour ago, LRB_Barr said:

Was just curious to see the general thoughts on pre match tactical advise summaries as I am too stubborn to change tactics for one game and just thought I'd ask to see if they work. Also the advised suggest in pre match briefings?

It kinda depends on your AssMan or whoever is giving you the pre-match advice. 

Ultimately it's up to you, I have never paid too much mind to them, although do sometimes tweak here and there, at least, they make me consider other options. As for the Briefings, I always let the AssMan handle them, he seems to just reiterate what my tactics are anyway and I never could work out how effective they were when  I did them myself. They seemed to be a lot of time for little reward.

Just now, LRB_Barr said:

Haha, thank you! I am new, only signed up todaty, thanks again!

No worries :).

For your question, the thing to understand about advice you get before (or even during) matches is that your assistant doesn't know what tactical system you are using.  So telling you to (for example) play more direct when you are trying to play a short possession game becomes nonsensical.  By all means read their advice but always remember that you are the boss.  Have a read of it and if you find it useful then great, otherwise feel free to ignore it.

As for pre-match briefings they're really nothing more than flavour for immersion, I never bother with them.

Archived