Columns in Squad View

How the hell do these things work!?

I like quite a lot of information, so use the whole screen to have it filled out.

Position selected, name, info, position can play, moral, condition, form over 5 games, average rating, apps, goals, assists, ability, potential, value, wage, contract expiry date, nationality, squad status, height, age, personality and training performance so its pretty busy.

To try and get these all lined up properly is a nightmare! you move one column and it moves 3-4 at the same time, then you double click to auto size and it messes up the size for about 6 of them and stretches it out so I have to scroll to the tight.

Is it something I'm doing or are they just weird?

13 hours ago, Grifty said:

How the hell do these things work!?

I like quite a lot of information, so use the whole screen to have it filled out.

Position selected, name, info, position can play, moral, condition, form over 5 games, average rating, apps, goals, assists, ability, potential, value, wage, contract expiry date, nationality, squad status, height, age, personality and training performance so its pretty busy.

To try and get these all lined up properly is a nightmare! you move one column and it moves 3-4 at the same time, then you double click to auto size and it messes up the size for about 6 of them and stretches it out so I have to scroll to the tight.

Is it something I'm doing or are they just weird?

I feel the pain my friend

I have this problem as well. When I do finally get it to look how I want it expands the column furthest to the right so much that it goes off the screen after pressing continue. It's really frustrating having to constantly resize it to fit all on one screen.

I know exactly what you mean, particularly re right column. This has been an issue for years , and I have raised it several times. It is very frustrating and would be great if it was finally fixed by SI.

What mhaffy said!
It's been an issue for years and it seems like it's too much of a low priority to be worthwhile fixed.
Raised the issue several times myself as well.

You can make it work, but only with a lot of patience.

1 hour ago, roykela said:

What mhaffy said!
It's been an issue for years and it seems like it's too much of a low priority to be worthwhile fixed.

Agreed...I would happily do without several of the "new features" added each your if they fixed some of the long outstanding issues. Another bug bear of mine is when fixes come out but only work if you start a new game. I focus on one main career save with each FM release and have spent over 450 hours on current game. Seeing a response to a bug I have experienced along the lines of "fixed, if you start a new game" is zero use to me. I wish they would look at game/module coding, file save formats etc and make more fixes compatible with existing saves.

1 hour ago, roykela said:

What mhaffy said!

Just been re-visiting some of my old posts. SI response to this column width issue back in FM17 beta days was :

"Thanks for your comments guys.

The issue is under review and we take all your feedback forward to help shape future editions of the game"

Same issue with FM18 beta and, presumably, still under review/being ignored!

I removed the form for the last 5 games column and it all fits well and no sliding about.

I don’t really use it too much for reference anyway so hopefully that’s a quick fix for me.

Been like it for years. No idea why it can't just all work independently like Excel. Pretty basic stuff. Loads of threads have been made about it over the years and have been acknowledged then completely ignored.

Edited by Tiger666

• 5 months later...

Would be nice.
It's been something that has bothered me for years.
There certain columns that makes things go a bit haywire at times.
I suspect that there is more than just that though, but hopefully they'll be able to fix it once and for all.

On 16/06/2019 at 22:26, roykela said:

What mhaffy said!

Exactly, it’s at a point where I don’t even mess with these things because of it. Surely it’s a simple fix.

5 hours ago, Sanel said:

So basically auto fit works, but everytime you browse to another squad it's reset the rows/values. 

It can be a work of art to get a squad view you want. I can spend ages getting it right, adding columns and removing others.

You can always head to the FM20 workshop on Steam and you can download other's squad views.

Open the workshop from the game's library page:

FM20workshop_views.thumb.png.ab188a2466880e39ece9c1a7749efd7a.png

Click on the view you want and click subscribe. It will then appear in your available views in game. You may need to clear the cache and reload the skin.

FM20workshop_subscribe.thumb.png.5a54398af79515feb8f7f4748933b829.png

8 hours ago, anagain said:

It can be a work of art to get a squad view you want. I can spend ages getting it right, adding columns and removing others. You can always head to the FM20 workshop on Steam and you can download other's squad views.

Uhmmm.. :lol: that's not what we're talking about here. Did you even read the topic?

I don't want to use other's squad views because a) I want my own columns b) using other's squad views isn't a smart move because they add columns depending on their screen size and resolution c) all views are effected, it's not that theirs are magical

Edited by Sanel

18 minutes ago, Sanel said:

Uhmmm.. :lol: that's not what we're talking about here. Did you even read the topic?

I don't want to use other's squad views because a) I want my own columns b) using other's squad views isn't a smart move because they add columns depending on their screen size and resolution c) all views are effected, it's not that theirs are magical

Of course I read the bloody topic, that's why I said what I said about it being a work of art.

I merely offered people an alternative that they may not have known about. But shame on me for trying to be helpful, hey. :onmehead:

18 minutes ago, Sanel said:

c) all views are effected, it's not that theirs are magical

Personally speaking, my views are not affected everytime I look at another squad, for example, as people have said above. I make my own views from scratch. I make a copy of the basic view and then configure the copy. It can be awkward when I add columns, but I have been practising this for a number of years now. I have a method and I stick to it.

This is my basic view, and that is how it has been since I created it in my first season. Over a year of in game time and it is as I created it. Maybe I have the knack.

SquadViewexample.thumb.png.c1aac2d9ae0d89ef0cfd26204c101678.png

A guy can only try to help... goodbye. :Bowen:

Edited by anagain

18 minutes ago, anagain said:

Of course I read the bloody topic, that's why I said what I said about it being a work of art.

I merely offered people an alternative that they may not have known about. But shame on me for trying to be helpful, hey. :onmehead:

Personally speaking, my views are not affected everytime I look at another squad, for example, as people have said above. I make my own views from scratch. I make a copy of the basic view and then configure the copy. It can be awkward when I add columns, but I have been practising this for a number of years now. I have a method and I stick to it.

This is my basic view, and that is how it has been since I created it in my first season. Over a year of in game time and it is as I created it. Maybe I have the knack.

SquadViewexample.thumb.png.c1aac2d9ae0d89ef0cfd26204c101678.png

A guy can only try to help... goodbye. :Bowen:

Your last column is one of the issues people are reporting.

9 minutes ago, craiigman said:

Your last column is one of the issues people are reporting.

Yep, I tend to leave it larger. I find that is the best way to make the columns fit and stay as ordered. Sometimes having an extra column to the right of your final one can help. It will be hidden, but if you don't need it then it doesn't matter.

A lot of people tried to add too much, I suspect. I use more than one view and switch between them as needed. I also use a skin that has clicks for areas such as training on player pages. As you can see I shrink as many columns as I possibly can, i.e. morale becomes just a symbol and fitness a couple of numbers and a circle to represent those numbers.

What I have on this view is more than enough for me to make my squad selection. When it comes to training I much prefer to visit the training screens anyway. The same goes for transfers and contracts.

I guess what I am saying is I fit on what I can and then use the tools that are available with the easy to use UI to make more detailed changes. Trying to do everything on one view is nice, but not everything in life is always advisable. All I know is my view is stable, whatever I do in game. I have cleared the cache and reloaded the skin loads of times and still my view remains stable.

Edited by anagain

7 minutes ago, Sanel said:

Sigh. You are not helping anyone, you are explaining us how to apply an workaround on an bug that has been there since FM17. Please.. 

No one wants this. 

I'm offering you a workaround that works for me. The original post of this thread just says they want their columns to stay as they set them. Your own bump says you want to create a squad view that doesn't change when you go to another page. You said nothing of column size at the end.

I've told you that I got this working and how. My view does not change, it stays as I set it. In other words you can make it work, but you obviously refuse to, instead griping at me for trying to be helpful.

You are honestly a prime example of why I hate browsing on this forum and reporting bugs. See, It doesn't matter who is right or who is wrong, but you are telling me to apply a workaround (i.e. temporarily fix for a bug) for something that SI has to fix, especially since we're coping for already 3 years with this. Applying a workaround and being fine with it means you're not acknowledging the problem. This results in SI not applying a fix for it. 

Now this is a small issue but this behavior is the core problem of this forum in general. SI is really spoiled with such a community, we're trying to fix things on our own, creating content for others. People have to understand to fixing things on our own doesn't help FM forward. I just want to play the game, not fixing bugs. I'm out. 

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

The year is 2020... And this is still a problem xD

Another bug that's been in the game for several years and that SI might get round to fixing at some point, maybe, but only after they've designed another eye-bleed inducing NEW interface and added more NEW player/media interaction comments that don't work properly because clearly those are higher priorities than fixing niggly little issues that have been around for years :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Matt_Ray said:

The year is 2020... And this is still a problem xD

Another bug that's been in the game for several years and that SI might get round to fixing at some point, maybe, but only after they've designed another eye-bleed inducing NEW interface and added more NEW player/media interaction comments that don't work properly because clearly those are higher priorities than fixing niggly little issues that have been around for years :rolleyes:

Yep. It's not even worth reporting it anymore. Every year it gets brought up and ignored.

• 3 weeks later...

I think the issue is mostly the column "CON/SHP". So I have removed it from my custom view and I have much fewer issues with it. I need to auto resize every now and then because the last column on the right is off screen, but other than that it works better.

Not that is solves anything, but it's at least better.

• 4 weeks later...
On 02/04/2020 at 07:32, XaW said:

I think the issue is mostly the column "CON/SHP". So I have removed it from my custom view and I have much fewer issues with it. I need to auto resize every now and then because the last column on the right is off screen, but other than that it works better.

Not that is solves anything, but it's at least better.

The right column is the issue here. It doesn't matter what the column relates to it ALWAYS causes a scroll bar once you revisit the squad screen after visiting another screen.

Personally sick of having to 'Auto Size All Columns' all the time.

4 minutes ago, Obaaa said:

The right column is the issue here. It doesn't matter what the column relates to it ALWAYS causes a scroll bar once you revisit the squad screen after visiting another screen.

Personally sick of having to 'Auto Size All Columns' all the time.

Yeah, for me it happens whenever I look at another squad that I don't manage. Since I use the assistants view of ability and potential, those gets auto resized since it's not available for non-managed teams. Then when I go back to mine it fails. I have reported it and it seems the bug is harder that a simple UI fix. SI said they are looking at it, but it required a lot of time to fix, so it was just not possible for FM20. But they did fix a couple of the other column bugs, and they said that removing the "CON/SHP" column can help. The same with the assistants view of potential and ability. I really like those columns, so I don't mind resizing every now and then.

• 2 weeks later...

is there a way to unlock the locked views in Manage views. I want to change selection info or other without it giving me a copy of it. 

also can I put new views into default drop down tab without having to click custom views. 

sorry in advance if this sound weird.

Edited by theglenman