Sports Interactive Community
phd_angel

Advice to Stop my DCs Dangerous Ping Ponging

My 2 central backs keep dangerously ping ponging the ball, and they end up loosing the ball to a poacher way too often! (Good think my goalie is excellent...).

I usually set my tactics to Cautious, and my DCs have mediocre passing ratings (7 to 10).

What should I do in terms of training and tactics?... Should I focus their individual training on passing? (What if passing training stops working?...). Should I play more "Balanced"?

Advice is appreciated. Thanks.

1 hour ago, phd_angel said:

My 2 central backs keep dangerously ping ponging the ball, and they end up loosing the ball to a poacher way too often! (Good think my goalie is excellent...).

I usually set my tactics to Cautious, and my DCs have mediocre passing ratings (7 to 10).

What should I do in terms of training and tactics?... Should I focus their individual training on passing? (What if passing training stops working?...). Should I play more "Balanced"?

Tell them to be direct or no nonsense

On 16/06/2019 at 00:49, phd_angel said:

Do you have any settings such as "shorter passing" or "play out of defence"? 

A cautious mentality will in general make your players take fewer risks. Do they have players available to pass to? What do you want them to do instead of passing the ball between themselves? How do you actually want to play out from the back?

have you set their role as "ball playing defender" ?