[FM 19] Fola's Career

Fola

May '20

E2Qez8g.png

The season has finished and what an amazing season it has been. We ended up finishing only 4 points off gaining a Champions League place which is a great achievement.

We have qualified for the Europa League which I am really excited about.

I will keep you updated on my plans for next season and an overview of how my players have done this season.

Really happy to see Inter Milan win the league. They're the first team to stop Juventus since the 2010/11 season. 

2mm2Tvq.png

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

May '20

rzbheG9.png

What an amazing season by an amazing player.

At 17 years old he was my best player and managed to scored 27 goals in 30 matches. Surely the biggest sides in Europe will be after him this summer- I just hope I can keep him here. I doubt without Champions League football I will be able to though.

2G7VRao.png

Season 19/20 - Player season stats

dgf12ZJ.jpg

Goalkeepers

X0TCPsN.png

Once against Lukasz Sporupski was my starting goalkeeper and did really well for me. I may look to bring in a stronger back up keeper than Antonio Santurro and Alessio Furlanetto is one for the future. I may look to loan him out.

Defenders

GuE7tin.png

My main starting central defence pairing was Arturo Calabresi and Antony Angileri. I hope I can keep hold of Calabresi but that may be difficult if AC Milan keep sniffing round him. Giancarlo Gonzalez and Nikola Maksimovic were my two back up BPD's while Johan Djourou never got a look in and will be sold. At wing back, once again Ibrahima Mbaye and Federico Mattiello were my starting wing backs with Davide Santon a more than adequate back up.

Midfielders/Strikers

6upCU5O.png

Ronaldo Vieira had a great season and played the majority of our matches as our DLP. Kingsley Michael never really got a look in and I will try to loan him out in the summer. Erick Pulgar was a mainstay in CM for me alongside Vieira. Ladislav Krejci once again had another strong season and managed to get himself 11 goals. Blerim Dzemaili, as you know from previous updates was more of a backup player for me this season- Morgan Gibbs-White was another one who struggled to make an impact.

Mattias Svanberg had a great season for me as a SS behind Silva and at only 21, he's got a very bright future ahead of him. Sheyji Ojo did well as back up for Helder Costa who was one of my favourite players this season. I want to try and sign him on loan again if Wolves will allow him to leave. Roberto Soriano was more of a backup player this season compared to the last. 

Lee Seung-Woo made no impact while Pelayo Morrilla had a strong season. Fabio Silva was just on another level. Gianluca Caprari, Borja Garces and Renat Dadasov all struggled to make an impact due to the form of Silva. Wilfried Bony spent the majority of the season on the injury table.

Arda Turan and Mattia Destro spent the second half of the season on loan and we rejoin us in the summer.

Edited by Fola

June '20

xMAQwlP.png

I've been really happy with how he has done for me. I wasn't expecting him to make such an impact but he really deserves this new deal.

He insisted on a £25 million release clause from Champions League sides which is annoying.

Jsp92Ij.png

June '20

Klpklkk.png

Once again, Premier League clubs are sniffing around Pulgar.

He's another one who I don't want to lose. If he requests a move, I may consider it if I can find anyone better but for now, he hasn't shown any unhappiness.

9YiNB1w.png

June '20

axtCIGR.png

This one has shocked me. He's one of my favourite players but wants to move to Zenit for Champions League football.

I tried to discuss this with him but only made it worse. We will see what happens with this one...

z9VAelM.png

August '20 - Transfer Round Up

Right the new season is about to start and it has again been a very busy summer. Like last season, I will be leaving a full squad overview in the next post with links to all of the players in my first team squad.

So, if we start with the outgoings:

wIIp4hC.png
1coJ7L0.png

As you can see, a whole load of players have left the club. The majority are youngsters who have left for first team football however a few first team players have left who I will talk more about below.

Wilfried Bony left the club on a free transfer after not making an appearance for the club. Antonio Santurro left the club as he was moaning about being number 2 goalkeeper. Arda Turan left the club on a permanent deal and has moved to South Korea which will surely be the last season of this career, he just didn't have the impact I hoped here which is a shame. Giancarlo Gonzalez has left the club on loan to English Championship side Fulham while Adam Nagy left on a permanent deal to Serie A new boys Empoli. Godfred Donsah also left on a permanent deal and will be staying in Italy as he joins Frosinone. 

January signings Borja Garces and Renat Dadasov has both left the club on season long loans. Alessio Furlanetto has joined Feyenoord on loan for the season which should help his development.

Now onto the incomings and some signings I am very excited about.

JBu0mr6.png

SVMcnDs.png

A long term replacement for Blerim Dzemaili who left the club on a free. Great technical ability for a DLP and good competition for Ronaldo Vieira.

v75I2EC.png

Joins as a replacement for Davide Santon whose loan ended. He will provide competition for Ibrahima Mbaye as a right IWB. I will also look to re-train him on the left too.

1WcRORO.png

Another fantastically technical player- joins on a free. Even if he doesn't set the world alight here I will probably get some good money when we sell him on.

dEWBk5z.png

Joins as our number 2 goalkeeper. One for the future.

RXQsGB3.png

Excited about this guy. One for the future and I have sent him out on loan. Already been capped at under 19 level for Portugal.

yz3Xo6D.png

One the the future. Italian too which is a bonus- I will probably look to loan him out at some point.

FhtoxRg.png

Bought in purely as he is the brother of our star striker Fabio Silva. He's not a bad player but I thought Fabio Silva may be more inclined to want to stay here if his brother is here too.

7DE3jmg.png

Brilliant stats for a 19 year old. Offers us competition at LWB and also a BPD.

5YbY6Xo.png

Young goalkeeper bought in and goes into my under 20 side. Hopefully get some good sell on money.

YLuzWja.png

Direct replacement for Helder Costa who returned to Wolves after a great season. Zinchenko spent last season on loan at Porto and bagged 10 goals for them from midfield.

1f8IzvL.png

What a player. I cannot believe we have managed to get him. Even at his age, he is still quality and a great player to have around the place. He is retiring at the end of the season but hopefully we can make his last season in professional football a good one.

MCNY6md.png

Hardly played for Chelsea the past two seasons but bought in as competition for Mattias Svanberg. Excellent player to be able to bring in on loan.

9QlQux2.png

Probably my best signing of the summer. Just look at them stats, gives us competition all across the front line.

SSpVHBA.png

Bought in purely as back up but another experienced player which will help the younger lads.

1 hour ago, john1 said:

Will always going very difficult to get CL spot with those last 7 games in last season, but did brilliantly :D Brilliant transfers dealing too! :applause:

Thanks mate. Hopefully my summer transfers will gel well.

We are predicted to finish 10th this season but I hope I can finish higher again this upcoming season.

August 2020 - Meet the squad

gRBAHIa.jpg

Goalkeepers

hBEL9sd.png 28 - Lukasz Skorupski

o3D2myr.png 1 - Freddie Woodman

Centre Backs

37tdd49.png 26 - Raul Albiol

dXcGGoX.png 33 - Arturo Calabresi ©

dXcGGoX.png 59 - Antony Angileri

XYQ9j9Y.png 19 - Jorge Silva

Right Backs

o3D2myr.png 17 - Sam Bryam

NCrXTqz.png 15 - Ibrahima Mbaye

Left Backs

dXcGGoX.png 6 - Federico Mattiello

o3D2myr.png 12 - Jonathan Panzo

Centre Midfielders

o3D2myr.png 4 - Ronaldo Vieira

37tdd49.png 13 - Sergi Samper

jcA6ReK.png 10 - Ryan Gauld

1MX1VGx.png 5 - Erick Pulgar

dXcGGoX.png 7 - Roberto Soriano

Centre Attacking Midfielders

2OwISMW.png 32 - Mattias Svanberg

o3D2myr.png 20 - Ruben Loftus-Cheek

Right Wingers

trH6EmD.png 23 - Olexandr Zinchenko

o3D2myr.png 14 - Sheyi Ojo

Left Wingers

xRCC0Sr.png 11 - Ladislav Krecji

37tdd49.png 64 - Pelayo Morilla

Strikers

XYQ9j9Y.png 16 - Fabio Silva

dXcGGoX.png 22 - Mattia Destro

V244g5K.png 8 - Stevan Jovetic

89erhhu.png 9 - Radamel Falcao

Edited by Fola

On 30/06/2019 at 21:08, Fola said:

9s2PhPB.png

How can you get a one name-Manager like this? Always tried but never allowed me to.

Great thread and updates so far! Your squad does suspecting in going full British soon :lol:

On 02/07/2019 at 03:59, quee said:

How can you get a one name-Manager like this? Always tried but never allowed me to.

Great thread and updates so far! Your squad does suspecting in going full British soon :lol:

I edited my nickname mate so I could change it! Thanks for the comment I hope you keep reading!

August 2020

Ep06jeT.png

Looking at the season preview, the media expect us to finish 8th. I think we are definitely good enough to get to that level but we will have to wait and see and see how only season starts!

August 2020

nPTjl6j.png

Not a bad draw at all. 

Zenit will be the favourites but that second spot is definitely up for grabs. I am very happy that I bought in quality players as back up this season as I will need to use a lot of my squad this season.

August 2020

7lOavp5.png

It's an odd one this. However, I have played 4 matches already this season and he has looked a shadow of the player from last season. His training has dipped massively too- maybe the transfer speculation has affected him.

August 2020

UfaXk1N.png

The transfer window has closed now and Federico Mattiello was subject of a big money transfer bid from Schalke. I rejected it and he hasn't caused a fuss which is pleasing.

Really happy to have managed to keep Lukasz Skorupski and Arturo Calabresi. 

August '20 - September '20

BFpapGS.png

It's been quite an indifferent start this one and one that I haven't been too pleased with at all.

We won two league matches but our performances in the league have been nowhere near as convincingly as last year. Take the Palermo game for example, we were 4-2 and managed to concede two goals in injury time.

2Kt0dVt.png

We have a tough few months coming up now- I just hope we can find our form or it could be a tough season.

LnwEmN4.png

October '20

l9kKAUj.png

Another three years which is great. This season is going nowhere near as well as last season- I think it was a one off and this is probably our realistic position for the next few seasons.

4 hours ago, deltablue said:

It'll be interesting to see how good Silva becomes

4NVM3ns.png

Managed get him onto another new long term deal. With clauses, he  could realistically be here for the next 7 seasons.

October '20 - November '20

VSshoHT.png

A strange few months as we have had some great performances but then a few shockers too.

The draws against Chievo and Cagliari were poor but then we ended up beating leaders Inter and also Fiorentina,

L6ferqj.png

We have qualified for the next stage of the Europa League which I am very happy about. Just wish we could get some consistency because I am not happy where we are in the league.

PKbe2C9.png

December '20

NuuGO6e.png

What an amazing month December was! We were unbeatable and never looked like losing a game if I'm honest.

When you face sides like Lazio and Roma, you expect a tough match but we completely dominated them.

vgCUJ1J.png

We finished top of our Europa League group and were unbeaten which is pleasing- the draw for the next round is happening shortly.

We now have the winter break and the opportunity to bring in some fresh blood for the rest of the season- got my eye on a few exciting young talents.

6SzzC3N.png

December '20

sPVYHN8.png

Very happy with this. I am not going to underestimate POAK but I think he could of definitely got harder draws than this one.

They do however have our old player Diego Falcinelli who I sold them in the summer. He only made one appearance for me and I sent him out on loan to Parma and Chievo over the last few seasons before moving him on in the summer. He seems to have found his feet though in Greece and has scored 14 goals in 20 matches.

mmpVpz9.png

Silva is coming along great for you, this is him in 2027 for me:

2cacd1fa73c935fed5772c0edcfbed53.png

43 goals in 48 appearances in his first season here, he didn't get consistent game time until 2023 is this save so I imagine he could be even better for you. Loving your save!

Edited by AdamFitz

On 08/07/2019 at 13:20, AdamFitz said:

Silva is coming along great for you, this is him in 2027 for me:

2cacd1fa73c935fed5772c0edcfbed53.png

43 goals in 48 appearances in his first season here, he didn't get consistent game time until 2023 is this save so I imagine he could be even better for you. Loving your save!

Wow!!  £77 million!! Lets hope he can get that good for me...

January '21

Not the most eventful January but one I am delighted with. Really happy with our business. Lets starting with the players leaving the club.

8m2pssS.png

Ryan Gauld joined us in the summer on a free transfer from Rangers. He wasn't getting in the side for me unfortunately and only made 4 appearances for me so happy to get some cash for him. Mattia Destro was our highest earner on £97k a week and was nowhere near the first team picture. He was sent out on loan last season to Zurich and now has left the club permanently and joined Cardiff in the Premier League. I still have to pay him £28k until the summer but happy to get him off the wage bill.

Sergi Samper is another one who I had high hopes for but unfortunately never got a look in. He only played once for me and has joined fellow Serie A side Parma on loan but they can buy him for any time for £2.3 million. Rivaldo Coetzee is a new signing from South Africa but due to the rules in Italy, we are unable to register another Non EU player this season so I have loaned him out for the season.

Now onto the incomings:

khMoaMz.png

IVZS5Lm.png

Now on earth I managed to get a player of this quality for only £3.5 million, I will never know. He was out of the first team picture at fellow Serie A side Lazio and actually spent last season in the league below on loan. Great player and goes straight into my starting 11.

aSk0YXa.png

I've maybe overspent here but I just couldn't turn down a player of this quality. At 20 years of age, he is only going to improve. I paid £5 million upfront and then £20 million in installments so it was a risky buy but I am certain that it will pay off. He is hopefully going to be a starter for me for seasons to come.

g847fZO.png

51 caps at the age of 24 for his country. Quality BPD and will offer good competition for us next season.

xjepsI9.png

One for the future. Goes into my youth team.

January '21 - February '21

JDBeziy.png

A very good January and then quite a below par February.

It was a shame to be knocked out of the cup and we even went on to beat table leaders Napoli. We then had 4 terrible performances against Udinese, Empoli, Palermo and Genoa but then we went on to beat Juventus,

We have been drawn against Belgium side Club Brugge in the last sixteen of the Europa League. Very exciting times!

cxzDfg5.png

Sitting in 7th in the league so the push for the Europa League is still on.

5qg1pSr.png

On 09/07/2019 at 22:24, john1 said:

Fantastic progress in this season so far :thup: Brilliant signings especially Sergio Gomez, Don't think you have overpaid him at all!

On 10/07/2019 at 02:15, Gee_Simpson said:

I agree. Quality player. 

Thanks lads. He's had a bit of an underwhelming start if I'm honest. Hoping he can push on and get better for me for the end of the season.

March '21 - April '21

6SQGVXl.png

A real tough few months. We were knocked out of the Europa League by Club Brugge which was a real kick in the teeth.

We did get a few convincing wins in the league to keep our push for Europa League qualification going but we were awful against Milan and Fiorentina.

Four games to go and we are sitting one point of the Europa League spots so the race is still on.

SUI3JwA.png

Edited by Fola

May '21

BChFL4Q.png

We have missed out on Europa League football next season by one point. Absolute sickener. 

I predict many of my key men will now be wanting to move on as we won't have Europe next season.

Deflated right now.

uXwlyKp.png

Edited by Fola

Season 20/21 - Player season stats

dgf12ZJ.jpg

Goalkeepers

T4nXEty.png

Lukasz Skorupski was once again my starting goalkeeper. He wasn't as good as previous seasons which was a shame but he is still a good keeper at this level. Freddie Woodman was purely back up. I think I will look to move him on and bring in an Italian number two.

Defenders

OYgK0DJ.png

Raul Albiol was purely back up but was OK when called upon- I won't be looking to bring him in on a permanent deal. Arturo Calabresi again had a very good season and I expect clubs to be in for him in the summer. Jonathan Panzo did well at both LB and CB but I am not really sure if he is going to develop into the standard of player I want here- I may look to loan him out next season. Sam Byram isn't good enough at this level. Antony Angileri had a strong season, not as good as last season but doing very well considering he is only twenty years of age. Jorge Silva was purely back up to keep his brother happy. Ibrahima Mbaye wasn't up to the standard he set in previous seasons. Federico Mattiello was solid once again and is my starting LB. Angelo Pifarotti joined in January and is one for the future.

Midfielders

RqbNhTT.png

Alessandro Murgia came in in January and did really well for me. Ronaldo Vieira was more of a backup this season for me but I think I will try and get him back into my starting 11 next season- I rate him as a player. Erick Pulgar will probably be leaving the club- he's a good player but his training performances were terrible and I don't think he wants to be here anymore. Ladislav Krejci doesn't have the best attributes but had another strong season and got into double figures. Roberto Soriano had to make to with mostly being back up- I am not sure whether he can hack it at this level anymore. Olexandr Zinchenko did OK but he is joining Wolfsburg on a permanent in the summer. Mattias Svanberg started really well but drifted near the end of the season- great player though. Sheyji Ojo was a bit part player and will be leaving. Sergio Gomez didn't pull up any trees and needs to improve next season. Best season yet for Pelayo Morilla, I am sure he will have a few a the big boys after him this summer. Andrea Spinelli is a young lad from the youth team. We also had Ruben Loftus-Cheek but he only played 15 games and was sent back to Chelsea early.

Strikers

6tNbvSe.png

Radamel Falcao is past it at this level unfortunately and will retire in November. Fabio Silva was not as impressive as last season but at 18, he was once again my highest scorer. Enea Piacentini is from the youth team and Stevan Jovetic did well when called upon.

Loanees

tPKSgBA.png

We also have a long list of players out on loan. I will reassess them all when they return in the summer.