[FM 19] Fola's Career

Fola

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, john1 said:

Superb season and what a way to end the season with wins :thup: It's a shame you couldn't convince Forlan, to delay his retirement but being in his 40 is understandable to retire :D 

Thanks mate. Hopefully we can push on next season- I was managed to sign a striker on the same legendary status as Forlan... you will have to wait and see!

3 hours ago, john1 said:

Never thought about loading up Russian or Greek leagues, any reasons behind it?

Purely random mate. Fancied a few leagues I haven’t really managed in before if I get sacked from Bologna. 

45 minutes ago, Fola said:

Purely random mate. Fancied a few leagues I haven’t really managed in before if I get sacked from Bologna. 

That makes sense :D Russia would be interesting!

14 hours ago, john1 said:

That makes sense :D Russia would be interesting!

Planning on staying here for a while. Got some good youth prospects and made some exciting transfers this summer which I will share shortly.

July 2019

srx76yR.png

Just found this guy in my under 18 side. Absolutely gutted that I have just noticed him before now.

Arsenal and Chelsea are both sniffing round him and he isn't interested in a new deal due to this so I will probably lose him for peanuts before the season starts.

HZfLRgU.png

August 2019 - Transfer Review

It has been a very busy summer indeed. A number of players have joined the club while a number of players have also left. I will provide screenshots below of my transfers and then in my next update, I will give a full update of my squad.

I will only provide screenshots on the players who have joined and are not in the first team squad this season- screenshots of the rest of the players will be coming in my next first team squad update.

In

VsejDkW.png

Young midfielder Martin Calderdon joined the club on a free transfer alongside fellow Madrid player Theo. Calderon has been sent out on loan while Theo has gone straight into my under 18 side. Callum Gribbin joined the club on a free from Manchester United but has been loaned out to MLS side Montreal Impact to get him some first team football. Arda Turan is our first big name signing and an excellent replacement for the departing Rodrigo Palacio-  delighted we've been able to bring in a player of this stature to the club. Cosimo Marco Da Graca is a young striker who joins us from Palermo and has been loaned out for the upcoming season.

Federico Mattiello made his deal permanent from fellow Serie A side Atalanta while Villarreal dropped their asking price for Roberto Soriano and I am delighted to have been able to bring him in permanently. Matteo D'Antonio goes straight into our under 18 side. Riccardo Montolivo joins us on a free after his contract ended at AC Milan. I doubt he will play much but a great experienced head to have around the place- weirdly he retires in 6 months though so won't be around for the full season. Helder Costa and Morgan Gibbs-White join us on loan from Premier League side Wolves and will both be key players for me this season.

Davide Santon joins us on loan from Roma and can play in either the LWB/IWB or RWB/IWB so should be a good addition. Sheyi Ojo joins us from Liverpool to provide competition for Helder Costa. Wilifred Bony takes up the slot left by Diego Forlan who retired while Ronaldo Viera joins us from Sampdoria in our biggest deal of the summer.

jkrg7Rd.png
1trzh46.png

As you know Rodrigo Palacio left us to join Independiente after 10 years in Italy. Filip Helander made his move to OGC Nice permanent after a successful loan spell there last term. Mitchell Dijks spent last season in the under 20 side after not being able to play as a IWB and has joined fellow Serie A side Frosinone. Diego Falcinelli has joined fellow Serie A side Chievo after a successful spell on loan at Parma last season. Note, all players leaving on loan are having their loans paid in full by their new teams.

Emil Krath spent last season out on loan and has moved to Notts Forest. Federico Santander has left the club after his successful loan spell last season at Burnley- he joins Portuguese giants Sporting Lisbon. Neuhan Paz has joined Rodrigo Palacio at Independiente. Felipe Avenatti and Cesar Falletti both spent last season out on loan and have both moved to Spain for the season to join Leganes. Godfred Donsah has moved to Germany for the season and has joined Hoffenheim and Adam Nagy has joined fellow Serie A side Cagliari on loan for the season.

The rest leaving are all youngsters who have left on loan for first team football.

Xavi Sintes, Sergio Arribas, Paul Glatzel and Lorenzo Colombo all joined us in January and will be spending this season in my under 20 squad to improve their development.

Edited by Fola

Loving the save. Loving your transfer policy, it's sorta like what a director of football would do, stock up on youth prospects and they either help your team on the field or make profit in the future through sales or loans.

August 2019 - Meet the squad

gRBAHIa.jpg

Goalkeepers

hBEL9sd.png 28 - Lukasz Skorupski

dXcGGoX.png 29 - Antonio Santurro

dXcGGoX.png 57 - Alessio Furlanetto

Centre Backs

dXcGGoX.png 33 - Arturo Calabresi

dXcGGoX.png 59 - Antony Angileri

HtAfvX5.png 12 - Johan Djourou

rfsFAjj.png 3 - Giancarlo Gonzalez

Right Backs

dXcGGoX.png 23 - Davide Santon

NCrXTqz.png 15 - Ibrahima Mbaye

Left Backs

dXcGGoX.png 6 - Federico Mattiello

Centre Midfielders

dXcGGoX.png 18 - Riccardo Montolivo

dXcGGoX.png 2 - Gennaro Ruggiero

dXcGGoX.png 7 - Roberto Soriano

o3D2myr.png 4 - Ronaldo Vieira

uUMEdcV.png  21 - Kingsley Michael

1MX1VGx.png 5 - Erick Pulgar

HtAfvX5.png 31 - Blerim Dzemaili ©  

Centre Attacking Midfielders

o3D2myr.png 20 - Morgan Gibbs-White

2OwISMW.png 32 - Mattias Svanberg

dzUOoJM.png 10 - Arda Turan

Right Wingers

XYQ9j9Y.png 9 - Helder Costa

o3D2myr.png 14 - Sheyi Ojo

Left Wingers

xRCC0Sr.png 11 - Ladislav Krejci

37tdd49.png 64 - Peyo Morilla

Strikers

Sd4SzUd.png 13 - Wilfried Bony

dXcGGoX.png 22 - Mattia Destro

XYQ9j9Y.png 16 - Fabio Silva

Edited by Fola

1 hour ago, kidthekid said:

Loving the save. Loving your transfer policy, it's sorta like what a director of football would do, stock up on youth prospects and they either help your team on the field or make profit in the future through sales or loans.

Really appreciate that mate- very happy you're enjoying! 

August '19

FnX6Sym.png

Signed Paul Glatzel up to a long term deal. He will be playing in my under 20 side this season but I think he could have a good future at this club.

He played three times last season and scored once so interested to see how he will be in a few seasons time.

uuXWz4F.png

August '19

UMLhAOz.png

My 16 year old defender Paulo Bianciardi is attracting interest from a number of clubs. He's not my ideal defender as a BPD but there is no chance I'm letting him join another Italian side.

s35IUWg.png

August '19 - September '19

DbpGeuI.png

Really happy with the start we have made to this season. 

On paper we had quite a favourable start to the season but we still had to get the results. Disappointed with the losses against Atalanta and Palermo but we were just unlucky on the day.

The bright spark definitely has to be the form of Fabio Silva- at 17 years old he is slowly becoming a key man for me.

VzA5dSY.png

November '19

XlWxusy.png

For a young lad in his first season at the top flight, he's really impressed me. He has formed a good partnership with Arturo Calabresi and has managed to keep Giancarlo Gonzalez out the side who was one of our first names on the teamsheet last season.

iIvE9d4.png

October '19 - November '19

nWLIvJQ.png

We didn't manage to win a game in October but it was actually a good month for us. We got two draws against two top sides in Roma and Napoli.

The Juventus was a blip- they are on another level and Cristiano Ronaldo tore us apart.

The win against Cagliari was excellent- complete domination. We were 3-0 after 12 minutes...

We are sitting in 6th place but it you look below, the league is so tight at the moment so any slips and we'll be down the table in no time.

MQkUyt8.png

December '19

V0XfgEY.png

Borja Graces will be joining me in January in a deal with could potential last around 7 years with clauses. 

He only actually joined OM at the start of the season but he was loaned out to AC Ajaccio and has scored 4 goals for them so far. Definitely one for the future.

I am looking to try and move on Mattia Destro in January- he's on £77k a week and isn't justifying that price tag. 

rVgjw2J.png

December '19

JnrvOFt.png

What an amazing month this was. 

We won our two cup matches and only lost once in the league against a strong Milan side. The January transfer is now here which also means the Christmas break.

I doubt I will be making too many changes but we will see. I just hope we can keep up this good form as the league is still looking pretty tight.

R9QbIPG.png

January '20

v1qxzUi.png

Rejected. He has been a key player for me this season alongside Ronaldo Vieira as the two have kept out last seasons starting two in Roberto Soriano and Blerim Dzemaili. 

hZNKn0k.png

January '20

pGyxZjc.png

Our captain Blerim Dzemaili looks like he could be on this way at the end of the season. He was a key player for me last season and started every game. He is my captain and a leader in this squad but he's been out of the team this year due to the performances of Ronaldo Vieira. It will be a shame to lose him.

dQkFEms.png

21 hours ago, john1 said:

Doing brilliantly so far :applause:Hopefully you can get decent run in the cup :D 

Thanks mate. Just hope we can keep it up after the transfer window shuts. A lot of sides will be strengthening.

19 hours ago, kidthekid said:

Really great season. Pulgar does look class. Very well rounded, could even play cb in a pinch.

You’re right- he’s been great for me this season. He was on the outskirts last season but he’s really made that CM as a Mezzala spot his own.

January '20

S8VPqOG.png

Looks like Dzemaili might not be after all. I am undecided whether I will be offering him a new deal come the summer but he is an experienced team leader in the squad so it may be a good option to try and keep him.

January '20

JLaT5so.png

He has yet to play a first team game for me but definitely one for the future. Juventus were sniffing round him so I thought it was important to get him on a professional deal.

3CQgkHs.png

January '20

etof6fH.png

This is a real worry. Two days before the end of the transfer window closes and I have turned down a £5 million bid for our centre back (and captain when Dzemaili) has been on the bench.

I really don't want to lose him and he has been great this season- hopefully I can keep hold of him.

January '2020 - Transfer Round Up

Starting off with the OUT's.

1qN48H9.png

Mattia Destro has joined Swiss side Zurich on loan until the end of the season. He is our highest earner on £77k a week and isn't a guaranteed starter and Zurich agreed to pay 80% of his wages so it was a no brainer. Orji Okwonkwo and Callum Gribbin returned from their loans at Montreal Impact and were immediately loaned out to Leganes and Verona respectively. Gennaro Ruggiero has found himself out of the first team picture but is definitely one for the future and has joined Foggia on loan. Xavi Sintes, Paul Glatzel and Sergio Arribas have all been loaned out to help their development. Leonardo Mazza has also been loaned out but I don't really see a future for him here. Arda Turan leaves the club on loan until the end of the season and has joined SK Rapid Vienna. He hasn't really made the impact that I was hoping but he does have another year left on his contract so he will be returning in the summer.

Not onto the incomings.

xpfFydq.png

4iUBql2.png

Very talented young striker. Very excited about this guy.

ilc9SHa.png

One the future. Already been capped 13 times by South Korea so hopefully we will see some commercial benefits from this transfer too.

cl9MLvg.png

Goes straight into our under 20 side. One for the future and a player who can hopefully can an impact in the first team in a few seasons time.

abA0d9s.png

Another young striker who has joined us on a long term deal. Not expecting an impact straight away but excited to see how he does here.

10hIfSX.png

With Arturo Calabresi signalling his intention to leave the club, I was worried that this would affect his performances. Due to this, Maksimovic provides us some experience and cover if Calabresi's form does begin to fade.

TLmH7tv.png

Good well rounded player who will join us until the end of the season. Offers us competition in the attacking places.

January '20 - February '20

CU4FmZv.png

Another successful few months which sees us sitting in 4th position- however we have played 2 more matches than Napoli so they will most likely go above us.

The draws against Genoa, Atalanta and Chievo were all due to late goals which was very frustrating but if you'd of said at the start of the season that with 13 games left we'd of been in this position I'd of bitten your hand off.

I just hope we can keep this up- Europa League now is the aim for us- this would be a great achievement.

nmHlTr4.png

March '20

fD1EeJ3.png

Looks like Dzemaili will definitely be on his way.

He's played a little more recently but I do think it is probably the time he moves on. He's probably not at this level now.

March '20 - April '20

mLf0Kg7.png

What an amazing few months, especially April.

The past four matches we have been absolutely brilliant and have pretty much destroyed every team in our way. However, the Torino game was the weirdest match I have ever played on FM. We were 5-0 down after 20 minutes, then managed to get it back to 5-4 and ended up losing 8-5. 

Since then we have kept three clean sheets and scored 14 goals in four games.

We have 7 matches to go, Europa League looks all but sealed which is  a great achievement but that 4th spot is looking so close. Could Champions League football be coming to Bologna next season?

1sv1Vls.png

May '20

MfwAhyj.png

Looking at our last seven fixtures, it's going to be extremely difficult. 

We face Fiorentina who are 8th, Inter Milan who are 2nd, Udinese who are 7th, Cagliari who are 12th then Juventus who are the leaders, Milan who are 4th and Genoa who are 6th.

Probably our hardest run of the season- lets see how this goes...