Sports Interactive Community
PassionGamerHD

3d Graphics performance 1 star

Posted (edited)

I only have 1 star, and my notebook handles GTA V on medium to high.. Witcher 3 some medium setting and most low settings!

So how does it happen mine is only 1 star? I updated my drivers, I adjusted my Nvidia 3d settings for FM 2019:

•    Power management mode - Prefer maximum performance
•    Threaded optimization - ON
•    Triple buffering - Off
•    Vertical Sync - Off

What am i missing here?

speccy.png

Edited by PassionGamerHD

I have this issue as well. Just updated Windows to 1903 version and my 3D graphics quality has gone from 4 star to 1 star.

2 hours ago, PassionGamerHD said:

I only have 1 star, and my notebook handles GTA V on medium to high.. Witcher 3 some medium setting and most low settings!

So how does it happen mine is only 1 star? I updated my drivers, I adjusted my Nvidia 3d settings for FM 2019:

•    Power management mode - Prefer maximum performance
•    Threaded optimization - ON
•    Triple buffering - Off
•    Vertical Sync - Off

What am i missing here?

speccy.png

Are you sure you're running the game with your NVidia card rather then the integrated Intel one? Open the NVidia control panel, go to Program Settings, select FM19 from the drop-down, and check that it's picked the right one.

42 minutes ago, Spurs08 said:

Are you sure you're running the game with your NVidia card rather then the integrated Intel one? Open the NVidia control panel, go to Program Settings, select FM19 from the drop-down, and check that it's picked the right one.

yes see for yourself.

Naamloos.png

Strange as your laptop has good graphics.

As others suggested, ensure FM is linked to your Nvidia card: check/use GeForce Experience

I've been having some minor lag issues with recent FM *and* Windows updates. Maybe try to use a System Restore on your Windows back to before your problem started...

Also, how many leagues are you running? This easily has a major impact on game performance, and I lose many stars there, (though I understand you are referring to the graphic not game speed performance)

Finally, make sure it's not a hardware issue... (A bummer...)

4 hours ago, PassionGamerHD said:

yes see for yourself.

Naamloos.png

Strange. When it comes to GTA and Witcher 3 - do you know if you're getting 30fps or 60fps with those settings? If it's 30 then I'd expect you to be able to do quite a bit better with that graphics card (I'm doing better with a standard 1050), so there's probably something wrong with the hardware or drivers. If not then we know it's specific to FM

I did read somewhere that the star rating on this was broken and to generally ignore it.

Are you having performance issues with the graphics?

6 hours ago, Grifty said:

I did read somewhere that the star rating on this was broken and to generally ignore it.

Are you having performance issues with the graphics?

This is true.

Have up updated your graphics driver? Download nvidea experience. You will have an icon in the taskbat, right click and go to experience. Load fm into the games it can do it automatically. Then upgrade your graphics driver. 

14 hours ago, Smurf said:

This is true.

Have up updated your graphics driver? Download nvidea experience. You will have an icon in the taskbat, right click and go to experience. Load fm into the games it can do it automatically. Then upgrade your graphics driver. 

Because FM 2019 is from gamepass, and the game files are good hidden on the device itself Experience can't find the game..

But i have driverbooster and the current Ready Gamedriver from Experience, so it should work

Strange as your specs seem just fine, i have updated to Win 1903 and have had no change in 3d graphics rating. Very odd.

Posted (edited)

To be fair I'm running the game just fine on a Surface Book 2 with no DGPU, Graphics are 1 star, I'm still running graphics on medium and it's just fine during 3D games. Crowds are turned off, but then crowds are a steaming pile of turd on max settings with my 2080 in the desktop, so no loss there. 

Also, GE Force Experience has some terrible exploits in it at the moment, lots of analysts recommending removal. It's not like it does much anyway besides automate driver downloads, certainly has no notable graphical improvements over adjusting your own settings to suit beyond pandering to gimps.

Edited by LCpl