Sports Interactive Community
Makoto Nakamura

Infiltrating Germany, Hans off my Croatians!

Once again, you prove yourself to be one of the best (virtual) managers the world has ever seen. To think that we were all convinced you'd never, ever get out of the Oberliga Nord... and now Croatia Berlin are German, European, and hopefully soon to be world champions. Huge congratulations Makoto, this has to be one of the most grueling saves you've ever done, and now that the rewards have been reaped, it's more than safe to say that they're deserved :D.

7 minutes ago, Luke Cro said:

I was checking forum today to see will be there any updates from you Makoto, and now I can go to sleep peacefully! :D

Massive success! :applause::applause::applause:

I had a feeling you could go far in CL (your form in continental competitions was always excellent), but Bundesliga win is pleasant suprise! :) 

Do you have Croatian leagues loaded in this save??

Thanks Luke! 

I had the Croatia leagues loaded for a couple of seasons but removed them to help game speed.

1 minute ago, oriole01 said:

Once again, you prove yourself to be one of the best (virtual) managers the world has ever seen. To think that we were all convinced you'd never, ever get out of the Oberliga Nord... and now Croatia Berlin are German, European, and hopefully soon to be world champions. Huge congratulations Makoto, this has to be one of the most grueling saves you've ever done, and now that the rewards have been reaped, it's more than safe to say that they're deserved :D.

Thanks oriole! It's definitely been one of, if not the toughest save I've ever done, now I've achieved everything I wanted in this save I can just enjoy it now and get the best team that I can!

6 hours ago, Makoto Nakamura said:

Stuck in a four-way tie for 1st, it couldn't really be any closer!

You mean, other than a five or six-way tie  of course? :lol:

3 hours ago, Makoto Nakamura said:

I used my old Zdenek tactic! :eek:

That's interesting. Very very very interesting. :kriss:

2 hours ago, Makoto Nakamura said:

80b0a8626decf631e81316296e4395d6.png

Maybe.

It would be too easy wouldn't it? 

Maybe still worth a go considering the time relative to release of FM20.

3 minutes ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

You mean, other than a five or six-way tie  of course? :lol:

That's interesting. Very very very interesting. :kriss:

It would be too easy wouldn't it? 

Maybe still worth a go considering the time relative to release of FM20.

I have to wait for the Croatia manager to get sacked first, he kept his job despite not even qualifying for the World Cup.

Brilliant achievements @Makoto NakamuraI'm not at all surprised that you won the Champions League, but thought that the domestic league might have been a tougher nut to crack. Delighted to have been proved wrong. 

Amazing stuff. :applause:

1 minute ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

Brilliant achievements @Makoto NakamuraI'm not at all surprised that you won the Champions League, but thought that the domestic league might have been a tougher nut to crack. Delighted to have been proved wrong. 

Amazing stuff. :applause:

Cheers Jimbo! Next step will be trying to maintain this over the coming decades!

10 minutes ago, Makoto Nakamura said:

Cheers Jimbo! Next step will be trying to maintain this over the coming decades!

With your 80 year old manager :lol:

@Makoto Nakamura I asked you about Croatian leagues, because it's bit unrealistic that national team is filled with Croatia Berlin players that much... After all, clubs such as Dinamo, Hajduk, Rijeka and Osijek have very good youth setups so they should contribute more in national youth sides...

On the other hand, I'm eager to see success on international level! :)

4 hours ago, Luke Cro said:

@Makoto Nakamura I asked you about Croatian leagues, because it's bit unrealistic that national team is filled with Croatia Berlin players that much... After all, clubs such as Dinamo, Hajduk, Rijeka and Osijek have very good youth setups so they should contribute more in national youth sides...

Well, to be honest, infrastructure in Germany is on another level compared to Croatia so... It's like comparing Bentley to, let's say, VW

12 hours ago, anitamui said:

What is the database you're using?

The database is found here: 

http://www.meistertrainerforum.de/index.php/topic,25905.0.html?PHPSESSID=2fd3a57cf32cb5a5653d805e572f5ad2

5 hours ago, Deisler26 said:

Magnificent work, @Makoto Nakamura. Truly the best save of the year

Thanks Deisler, I appreciate it, hopefully we can continue to improve and keep this save going up until FM20. :) 

5 hours ago, scousevasey said:

There are 18 teams in the league.

5 years, multiplied by 18 gives a total of 90 years.

29 days (one month) multiplied by 18 teams gives an extra year and a half.

Which means that the cumulative manager tenure in the league is 91 and a half years (give or take due to rounding errors).  You are responsible for 2/3 of that.

With the remaining 31.5 years being split between the other 17 teams the average is less than two years.

I'm glad someone did the maths! :D 

4 hours ago, Luke Cro said:

To be fair Croatia did finish 3rd in the 2038 World Cup and won EURO 2044 without any of my players so they haven't done too badly despite not having the league loaded.

2 draws against Partizan last season followed by a 9-2 demolition this season. That's some development. :applause:

13 minutes ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

2 draws against Partizan last season followed by a 9-2 demolition this season. That's some development. :applause:

It was definitely a surprise!

January 2079

8ff2dbb2a7a2b2fa4f7d8c74a6465a33.png

c16a47b11dd908b421fbf25b8141cdb5.png

Back to tactics of old and it led to a lot of draws but we're just two points behind Bayern with a game in hand.

February 2079

eee1ebce5d65e31f910d667bce73ab5a.png

b6a76cc6cd948cb63f0f45e427098e00.png

A narrow defeat in the Champions League but perfect in the league and 5 points clear of Bayern & Schalke and still with a game in hand! :D 

2 minutes ago, Axyongaming007 said:

I hope you win UCL again

We have a slight uphill battle to face, but we're in it to win it!

March 2079

f859cb641d5d17d23bb1d90c7bab3b58.png

91679def5cd0a805aa3d13c07aacbce1.png

A mixed month in the league but we're still holding on to top spot whilst we destroyed Napoli in the 2nd leg of the Champions League 1st Knockout Round!

da2cc304fbc05a241d35f43cb1ae68a4.png

ff0aec6445db66b02dc16ad69f27f268.png

April 2079

4f356f598266067824b2d18967471528.png

f8b48c1e727c148625e0c9953145f415.png

Fixture congestion really caught up with us this month, we're still holding on in the league and have another DFB-Pokal Final to play for against Hannover 96 and we need to get something away at Sevilla to make back-to-back Champions League finals.

Just caught up with everything. Amazing work in winning the UCL and the league. Hopefully you repeat it again. Just curious, do your best players elect to play for Germany or is it a mix of both?

7 minutes ago, kidthekid said:

Just caught up with everything. Amazing work in winning the UCL and the league. Hopefully you repeat it again. Just curious, do your best players elect to play for Germany or is it a mix of both?

We have two players that have been capped for Germany whilst we have ten players that have been capped for Croatia.

This season was even better than the last, remarkable :applause::applause::applause:

August 2079

b6a7cea6b2a862688da5112e20d9e96d.png

48dbcecb7e00370fe35aa52608a8f9db.png

The toughest game of the season over with first and we managed a draw, we also retained the UEFA Super Cup!

Nothing left for you to win, is there? :applause:

10 hours ago, Makoto Nakamura said:

Nope, we've won everything.

For any normal FM player, this would be the start of a victory lap, celebrating until FM20.

Makoto on the other hand can squeeze in four more careers, all in the top ten longest careers where he does similar to this save but on each continent

November 2077

299244b55191b0b0bfc9e63ec7af2fd5.png

d755d9668a63d165350bf75c38ab38ec.png

3602af7e30501938dc29c71f19cc9f56.png

Our first loss of the season pushes us down to 2nd but we're through to the last 16 of the Champions League. :) 

33 minutes ago, scousevasey said:

For any normal FM player, this would be the start of a victory lap, celebrating until FM20.

Makoto on the other hand can squeeze in four more careers, all in the top ten longest careers where he does similar to this save but on each continent

I could do that. :lol: 

I want to see this group of players reach their peak and try and manage Croatia still first though.

December 2079

926c3c70b7ffa289026e0883dfd6f6fd.png

ab4c723003acfad74c00b9315dabbd7b.png

f4a7592e205d8d83a198ec23c0e358bf.png

3deb24995f60709394987d16a415079c.png

A rough month in the league sees us drop down to 5th but we're World Champions again and safely through to the last 16 of the Champions League where we get a nice draw!