Sports Interactive Community
Bedese

[FM19] - Forza San Giovanni

6bd3dc8f9e632292330597b69a8bc57b.png

c66419b752b2ffadf121b573e7213f41.png

I'm really happy with that. We got a point, scored in half our games, and only Liverpool really turned us over. Really good stuff :D 

Just caught up. Great read and fantastic results! Do you have a save with Giovagnoli just after his in-take or close to that? I am tempted to run an experiment to see what the difference would be if you would let him go to Lazio (or any other club of such caliber).

Same, just caught up as well! Great progress making it to the CL, and great result against Juve.

Your intakes doesn't look as impressive compared to the earlier ones despite better facilities?

2 hours ago, quee said:

Same, just caught up as well! Great progress making it to the CL, and great result against Juve.

Your intakes doesn't look as impressive compared to the earlier ones despite better facilities?

I'm guessing that's because the general quality of player has increased, and regens are rated in comparison to the rest of the squad.

Amazing work getting to the CL groups, and even better to get a point against Juve! Hopefully this is a bit of a watershed moment and you can take another big step forward from here.

14 hours ago, nsd said:

I'm guessing that's because the general quality of player has increased, and regens are rated in comparison to the rest of the squad.

That make sense! Hopefully Bedese will get another quality one soon.

On 15/07/2019 at 09:14, scarp said:

Just caught up. Great read and fantastic results! Do you have a save with Giovagnoli just after his in-take or close to that? I am tempted to run an experiment to see what the difference would be if you would let him go to Lazio (or any other club of such caliber).

Cheers! This is a save I have right after his intake:

https://gofile.io/?c=lGIqU6

23 hours ago, quee said:

20 hours ago, nsd said:

Amazing work getting to the CL groups, and even better to get a point against Juve! Hopefully this is a bit of a watershed moment and you can take another big step forward from here.

Cheers! :D I agree with what @nsd said. I think we've been really lucky with some of the players we've had coming through - I've never had anybody anywhere near as good as Giovagnoli, and I don't expect us to get a player as good as him through ever again :lol: It's not just him, though, because players like Manuel Zavoli (YP37) are also absolute quality for us. I think this is probably the best San Giovanni team I've ever had, and we're not really that far into the save. I guess you could class it as a kind of 'Golden Generation' for us - I'm hoping that with our facilities pumped up we can keep producing quality players, but it is possible that we have a bit of a dry spell where we're not producing talent up to the level of the players we've already had through. We'll see! 

Youth Intake Day!

5d23980af9c72090518e2975f1649676.png

ef2fc2b3815731bb8bcac6f272c43c59.png

aca832e0ac95a83d4ba09974dca27ee5.png

Two decent CBs through this year. Albani might not have the greatest potential (according to our assistant) but he's a giant!

11d2e9b15f4a36d5375f78ee0c549018.png

bea6b4de0b6145e14c67a038b37098a9.png

I think these are the final set of upgrades we need!

b23913f4c450480d3e96cc2f53a028e5.png

I'm not really sure what upgraded the data analysis facilities do, but it's cheap :lol: 

033469abba06f8bb8d0bbb924032c7c9.png

We never really got out of first gear against them in either leg. We'll need to step it up against...

8b79c062bb0eb0f3a9354a2d8a0d7bd8.png

How are other San Marinese teams doing in Europe?

Anyone had a standout season yet aside from you?

14 hours ago, Pompeyboyz said:

How are other San Marinese teams doing in Europe?

Anyone had a standout season yet aside from you?

As far as I can tell, none of them have made it past the 1st Round of EL Qualifying yet :(  

Brilliant progress so far, although I imagine the save only gets super-interesting around European matches at this point?

I'm at the end of season 3 - just qualified for the Champions Playoff Final and Cup Final - will play both tonight - so I'm in Europe as I've finished at least 2nd.  One question from when I was in Europe before.  How do you get around the problem of having limited training and not really any time for pre-season friendlies before you're into the first phase of Champions League Qualifying?  I wasn't sure if there's something I'm missing in terms of being able to set pre-season even earlier than the longest option you get.  Or is it just a case of going in undercooked sharpness wise?

On 18/07/2019 at 12:20, duesouth said:

Brilliant progress so far, although I imagine the save only gets super-interesting around European matches at this point?

I'm at the end of season 3 - just qualified for the Champions Playoff Final and Cup Final - will play both tonight - so I'm in Europe as I've finished at least 2nd.  One question from when I was in Europe before.  How do you get around the problem of having limited training and not really any time for pre-season friendlies before you're into the first phase of Champions League Qualifying?  I wasn't sure if there's something I'm missing in terms of being able to set pre-season even earlier than the longest option you get.  Or is it just a case of going in undercooked sharpness wise?

Cheers! I essentially holiday the entire domestic season at this point, although I make an exception for the Playoff Final (although on the years I've holidayed too far and accidentally gone past it, we've still won it anyway :lol:)

You're not really missing anything, sadly. Now that we're a stronger team than we were before, I basically use our First Qualifying game as the sharpness warm-up for the harder games to come. Back before we weren't that strong, though, it was just a case of desperately trying to arrange match practice training sessions before the game so we're at more of a 50% sharpness than a 40% sharpness :lol: 

On 18/07/2019 at 12:23, Kubson said:

Steaua is slowly becoming the new Dinamo lol

Oh no :lol: :lol: :lol: 

How is the save progressing? :D

Was so lucky! Had a player with dual nationality which played 1 game for Italy, but it was a friendly - so he could still play for us! :rolleyes:

After 2 years of begging he finally agreed to play for us! :D:D
Look at this beauty! 

Conti skifte NT.PNG

20 hours ago, FoxGe1994 said:

How is the save progressing? :D

Was so lucky! Had a player with dual nationality which played 1 game for Italy, but it was a friendly - so he could still play for us! :rolleyes:

After 2 years of begging he finally agreed to play for us! :D:D
Look at this beauty! 

Conti skifte NT.PNG

No updates yet - I haven't had the chance to play it for a little bit, but that should change soon :D 

He looks class! :D 

1 hour ago, Bedese said:

No updates yet - I haven't had the chance to play it for a little bit, but that should change soon :D 

He looks class! :D 

Sounds good! Will be looking forward to next update :D

My save is progressing quiet well - the other teams do also produce some good talents :D

Nice with 2 teams directly in group-stage from next season :D

This year our combined point for the nation it pretty low, so we can improve if we do well - but after this season its gonna be hard to stay on 10. place :(

We had 4 years in which we did well in Europe - and we can't continue to do so :lol:

Was in CL-second knockout this season - so we got 21 points to the nation :D

CL gruppespil national.PNG

Edited by FoxGe1994

Tried this challenge so many times... qualified for european championship so many times because of Nations League - which makes it easier to get there. 

But first time ever i qualify for the worlds championship :D:D

The average age of the squad is 23 - and got some nice upcoming talents - so maybe we can qualify next time again :D

Worldcup kvalificeret.PNG

Worldcup 2.PNG

Worldcup 3.PNG

World 3.PNG

Edited by FoxGe1994

97e206539fc186adcef3321e3f154dc2.png

It's been threatening to happen for a while, but we have our first big team bowing out of the Premier League, as Chelsea drop down to the Championship.

c15099fcaaee3c94ed88c997ffc2be6d.png

I don't remember ever playing them before, but apparently they beat us in 2031. We'll see how it goes this time ;) 

bdcd4b5a44da4bcae2acd807edd1027a.png

An absolute legend, Toccaceli will be the first person to be added to our Hall of Fame :applause:

7d2b539da0ad097d291029581c8dd9c5.png

They were a bit tricky, but nothing we couldn't handle :D 

a2f2deb97b00a129929ec25b43e322d6.png

We should sail past the Icelanders :D