[FM19] Men of steel - Sheffield United

Magika80

WELCOME TO MY  SHEFFIELD UTD CAREER

1223555712_sheffutd.jpg.1fbc315830714586012707b1068b5c93.jpg

Havent posted in a while due to various issues that i had going on,but its time to get back into this game again and try one last career save.I have decided to give Sheff Utd a go after there promotion this season from the Championship,and see if we can fight bravely against relegation,I haven loaded too many leagues only England France Germany Spain Italy and Holland down to there lowest levels,player count of about 100,000 thats more than enough.The updated Database can be found at the end of the post.

Gennaro-Gattusoo.thumb.jpg.46977617555bf434bfa6d415702eebf4.jpg

Another thing i like to do when setting a new career up is incorporate a manager who is currently unemployed and ive chosen none other than the Italian hothead Rino Gattuso formerly of Ac Milan,Can he steer the blades to premiership survival we shall see..

Database Link - https://twitter.com/TheFMEditor85?s=17

So a quick look at the finances seem to show that we will have to move a few people on to make sure that we get upto premier league standard with a small budget of about 3.4M available to spend,this will need to be used wisely.

FINANCE.thumb.PNG.cd9cfdf40f1471c28691cda13f3263d1.PNG

The following players have been told that they have no future at the club

Jake Eastwood,Jake Wright,Martin Crainie,Ben Heneghan,Nathan Thomas,Ricky Holmes,Ched Evans,Caoloan Lavery

Hopefully they can be moved on to allow a little flexibility here and there with rebuilding the team.

The first team squad needs a few additions as mentioned earlier and the first posistion i will be looking at is a back up keeper in the event that Moore gets injured,a centre half central midfielder,defensive midfielder and a striker are my main roles needed as well..

SQUAD.thumb.PNG.122b2c8487c298553aa1a3e7a744038f.PNG

Next up is the tactic that i will be using throughout the season.

So this is my main tactic that we will be using mostly throughout the course of the season,whether it works or not is a different matter,we need to at least have a go i feel to make a game of it this season but if we are against any of the usual top six teams we may drop the AMC back to a defensive midfielder role

tactic.thumb.PNG.0fdd9c32991c6dbd7d95c515c217262b.PNG

Phil Jagielka you may see there in defence is on trial we will go into that in a seperate section (Forgot to filter him out :D )

TRANSFER-CENTRE-STILL-AUG13_2977398.thumb.jpg.dd777a3dfce0d46e5a94a65336f0ac5f.jpg

So the transfer window has slammed shut,lets check out the new arrivals at Bramall Lane

transfers.thumb.PNG.bef9f216a797bcf7537e301632b92021.PNG

We moved the budgets about as we noticed there was more targets available on free transfers rather than paying hefty amounts for players,a keeper was a priority as was another centre half so bringing Adrian and Jagielka in was a good bit of business.At the other end Derdiyok will be looking to give Sharp a bit of competition for the striker role,Willock comes in on a season loan and Fletcher gives us a bit of depth and experience in the middle of the park.Bolasie looks exciting as well and will be hoping he can contribute where needed.

It means that we will tactically adjust as we are major underdogs in the premiership as expected so going forward with the new arrivals this is our best bet i reckon pictured below

.491055168_newtac.thumb.PNG.05d869b9a95299740f2f9ff4e0fd89ef.PNG

Im hoping it serves us well,lets crack on with the start of the season,we have a tough opener away to Chelsea..

Early season injury blow...

893919962_JackOConnell_OverviewAttributes.thumb.png.aa5fc2c14a211b1f0fcbadf14b32b381.png

Centre Half Jack o'connell has been ruled out for the rest of the season with a cruciate injury.A major blow to us but we move on,He joins Chris Basham on the long term list - Not good news at all :(

JULY/AUGUST

august.thumb.PNG.2934225e8730e7c60d44cfe6bb875142.PNG

Pre season started with great optimism within the squad with a good few friendlies arranged to try certain things and have a look at potential players who were on trial at the club,and five wins out of eight was not a too bad runout against dome decent level of opposistion.

The opening day of the season saw us away to Chelsea we couldnt have asked for a harder start to life in the EPL,Chelsea raced into a four goal lead in 57mins but we made the score a bit more respectable with two late goals from Sharp and Derdiyok.Nex t up was a winnable game we thought against Wolves and we delivered as expected goals from Sharp and Fleck giving us the points,we hung on after a late surge from Wolves but the points were in the bag,next up was a quite mad game against west ham in the televised match and what a match it was a ten goal thriller,with west ham 3-1 up at half time it was time for the Fleck show a 2nd half hat trick wasnt enough in a topsy turvy game which really could have went either way,set backs in this was a long term injury to Jack O'Connell who is out for the rest of the season doing his cruciate in this game,Basham was also injured in the match against wolves and is also out for 4 months thats our main centre halfs out  already..

Next up was the Carabao cup match against Oldham where we struggled to a 6-5 win on penalties with a rotated squad,quite a dissapointment but we move onto the next round regardless.

LEAGUE TABLE

TABLE.thumb.PNG.eb1078b8290c90ed335edff3e36b950e.PNG

So we finish the month in 15th place not the best start but certainly not the worst either,if we can some points in our home games then i will be pleased with that.

Archived