Sports Interactive Community

Is there a guide somewhere which personality is better than the other? 

For example, Da Craca was 'Driven' for me (not sure if he started with this, only realised in the 2nd season), then in the 3rd season he became 'Resolute'. Not sure if he got better or worse?

I would assume Model Citizen > Model Professional > Professional > Resolute/Driven/Perfectionist/Resilient? > Determined > etc. ?

6 minutes ago, quee said:

Is there a guide somewhere which personality is better than the other? 

For example, Da Craca was 'Driven' for me (not sure if he started with this, only realised in the 2nd season), then in the 3rd season he became 'Resolute'. Not sure if he got better or worse?

I would assume Model Citizen > Model Professional > Professional > Resolute/Driven/Perfectionist/Resilient? > Determined > etc. ?

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1613534077

Posted (edited)

I think because it's not a hierarchical scale.

If you look at the link, it explains what attributes go into each personality - would be impossible to rate one over the other.

A 'top' personality for a Ball-Winning DM would be different to a 'top' personality for a Striker. Was Gary Lineker a better personality than Roy Keane in FM terms?

Edited by Snorks

On 16/06/2019 at 23:32, Snorks said:

I think because it's not a hierarchical scale.

If you look at the link, it explains what attributes go into each personality - would be impossible to rate one over the other.

A 'top' personality for a Ball-Winning DM would be different to a 'top' personality for a Striker. Was Gary Lineker a better personality than Roy Keane in FM terms?

Would it, though? Personality impacts the hidden attributes, as opposed to the attributes we see on the screen

A model citizen has fantastic hidden attributes throughout all the main areas: determination, professionalism, loyalty etc...That is objectively better than, well, pretty much any other personality, regardless of position. 

52 minutes ago, dalenichol said:

Would it, though? Personality impacts the hidden attributes, as opposed to the attributes we see on the screen

A model citizen has fantastic hidden attributes throughout all the main areas: determination, professionalism, loyalty etc...That is objectively better than, well, pretty much any other personality, regardless of position. 

Not sure where, but on this forum an admin noted that the highest rating across determination, ambition, professionalism is used to impact training performance. So a determination of 20 with profession rating of 0 should train as well as able (same as if he was 20 in both); he just might be an a** in doing so.

1 hour ago, dalenichol said:

I've always  thought it was the other way round ,the combination of attributes impacts the personality more.

Of course a Model Citizen would be at the top of most lists, but that's the extreme. Of course a Model Professional will be stronger in those attributes than a 'Professional' but across the whole spectrum I don;t think it's that simple.

1 minute ago, Snorks said:

I've always  thought it was the other way round ,the combination of attributes impacts the personality more.

Of course a Model Citizen would be at the top of most lists, but that's the extreme. Of course a Model Professional will be stronger in those attributes than a 'Professional' but across the whole spectrum I don;t think it's that simple.

Yeah, that's fair. 

I'm not sure of a definitive answer I guess, but I always remember from previous games that the discussion usually involved a distinct set of categories between positive, neutral and negative personalities, with people attempting to influence the personalities that'd come in through intakes because a better personality leads to better development, but that's just conjecture, I'm not going to pretend to be 100% certain. 

1 minute ago, dalenichol said:

Yeah, that's fair. 

I'm not sure of a definitive answer I guess, but I always remember from previous games that the discussion usually involved a distinct set of categories between positive, neutral and negative personalities, with people attempting to influence the personalities that'd come in through intakes because a better personality leads to better development, but that's just conjecture, I'm not going to pretend to be 100% certain. 

Yeah, you can categorize them into Positive/Negative/Neutral personality types to make it easier, and as a broad-brush it works fine - developing a hierarchy of each one though is were it becomes more difficult as each personality is made up of differing sets of hidden attributes.

It does feel as if it has become more of an 'art' than a science with this iteration though.

16 hours ago, s0ni42 said:

Not sure where, but on this forum an admin noted that the highest rating across determination, ambition, professionalism is used to impact training performance. So a determination of 20 with profession rating of 0 should train as well as able (same as if he was 20 in both); he just might be an a** in doing so.

This is incorrect.

If by admin you mean Mod or SI Staff Member I would be surprised.

To clarify - all three of these are equally weighted when it comes to impacting development.

17 hours ago, dalenichol said:

15 hours ago, Snorks said:

Personality is hidden attributes (+ a few visible ones).

It is a textual description of a combination of attributes.

On 17/06/2019 at 01:32, Snorks said:

A 'top' personality for a Ball-Winning DM would be different to a 'top' personality for a Striker.

I do not think a 'top' personality depends on a position. I think personality should work in the same way for every position.

17 hours ago, s0ni42 said:

Do you have a link to this?  Because if that is on the forum from an Admin I need to delete it as it's incorrect.

I think there's two ways of looking at a personality "hierarchy".

1) Is the traditional view, closely linked to when Tutoring was in the game.  It's the "must have best attributes in everything for all players" view to give us the maximum ability to help develop players and get the most out of them on the pitch.  Everyone's the same.

2) Is the more realistic view.  Not everyone is perfect, everyone is different.  In real life there is a wide variety of players at each club and it's ok to have that.  Players can still perform, players can still develop and it gives us an extra angle to manage to keep things interesting.  Everyone's not the same and that's ok.

Two different views and it's up to each of us how we want play the game.

25 minutes ago, herne79 said:

I think there's two ways of looking at a personality "hierarchy".

1) Is the traditional view, closely linked to when Tutoring was in the game.  It's the "must have best attributes in everything for all players" view to give us the maximum ability to help develop players and get the most out of them on the pitch.  Everyone's the same.

2) Is the more realistic view.  Not everyone is perfect, everyone is different.  In real life there is a wide variety of players at each club and it's ok to have that.  Players can still perform, players can still develop and it gives us an extra angle to manage to keep things interesting.  Everyone's not the same and that's ok.

Two different views and it's up to each of us how we want play the game.

I'd say there are certainly some that are more desirable than others, but context is always key.

For me, managing a League 2 club, even though Determination, Ambition and Professionalism are important for development, I'd rather sacrifice some Ambition in order to have a better chance of holding on to my best players that little bit longer. Afterall, I'm not here to develop Man City's next star, I'm here to get promoted. So in this save, I prefer Professional personalities over Ambitious ones.

14 minutes ago, Seb Wassell said:

I'd say there are certainly some that are more desirable than others, but context is always key.

For me, managing a League 2 club, even though Determination, Ambition and Professionalism are important for development, I'd rather sacrifice some Ambition in order to have a better chance of holding on to my best players that little bit longer. Afterall, I'm not here to develop Man City's next star, I'm here to get promoted. So in this save, I prefer Professional personalities over Ambitious ones.

Especially if that high Ambition player also has not much in the way of Loyalty :D.

34 minutes ago, herne79 said:

Especially if that high Ambition player also has not much in the way of Loyalty :D.

How dare he wish to multiply his wages tenfold and compete at the pinnacle of his profession. We've got Part-Time FC away midweek.

Do the personalities drive the coach report? ... I. E. Coach report 'this player is inconsistent'... Would inconsistency be a trait of a particular personality group? Or is it two completely seperate elements...where you might get one resolute player who is consistent and relishes big matches and another who can't stomach it? 

1 hour ago, westy8chimp said:

Do the personalities drive the coach report? ... I. E. Coach report 'this player is inconsistent'... Would inconsistency be a trait of a particular personality group? Or is it two completely seperate elements...where you might get one resolute player who is consistent and relishes big matches and another who can't stomach it? 

The following attributes can contribute to Personality (and Media Handling):

Professionalism; Ambition; Determination; Loyalty; Sportsmanship; Temperament; Controversy; Pressure.  I believe Leadership and Adaptability can also sometimes feature.

So yes, you could have an Inconsistent, Resolute player who doesn't like Big Matches and another Resolute player who is Consistent and does like Big Matches.

12 hours ago, talhak said:

I do not think a 'top' personality depends on a position. I think personality should work in the same way for every position.

I meant that a ball winning DM would need a dogged determined personality, a Flair player would need other attributes, a Poacher another set for the best personality to fit the role.