First Window Disabled Transfer Window Budgets

Hi,

If you disable the transfer budget for the first window, do you get the same money you would have got for the first window in the January window? i.e. If I would normally get £20m to spend at the start but disable the window to make it more realistic, is that £20m rolled to January or does it just disappear as it does if you don't spend it by the end of the season?

Thanks,

To my knowledge, the transfer budget you are given at each transfer window is calculated at the time, depending on the club's finances and performance, so it won't necessarily be carried forward in full, but will be used in the next calculation.

the 20mil will sit there in the budget unless the Board suggest otherwise. They usually email you if expectations have been changed, or you are performing well and ask if you want more or tell you there'll be less.

So, say, pre-season expectations are mid-table and you get 20mil TFR budget. Come the january window you are pushing for a play-off spot, the board may offer to change expectations to 'Play-Offs' and offer more money in the budget to achieve that. You still get the option to say 'no, leave it as is'.

How the board/game calculate these budgets I have no idea but yes they can change window - window, you can adjust them if you feel it necessary moving funds from wage-transfer and vice versa or they simply tell you that you keep 100% of outgoing transfer fees, or less.

The starting transfer budget will be disabled because in real life the club would have spent the money on real life transfers / salary during pre-season. If that doesnt happen you would get double bubble. If there is any left in real life then maybe it will be there when you jpin

In next transfer window, it will be given based on club profitability, chairman, how well you are doing etc etc. However if yo are 6 months into the job I doubt you would get much unless at a stinking rich club with a rich chairman with money to burn. Not sure those exist any more

On 15/06/2019 at 02:37, MrPompey said:

In next transfer window, it will be given based on club profitability, chairman, how well you are doing etc etc. However if yo are 6 months into the job I doubt you would get much unless at a stinking rich club with a rich chairman with money to burn. Not sure those exist any more

Ummmmm...who won the EPL?

On 16/06/2019 at 21:41, Snorks said:

Ummmmm...who won the EPL?

LOL!!  Whats that got to do with the point I'm making?

Guardiola has just completed his third season with a reputation of being one of the most successful managers. As a new FM manager I doubt your credentials would match his

The OP's question was would the transfer budget  NOT made available for the start of season 1 be available for the Jan window. The answer is no, any budget made available would not be a carry through of money that has already been spent. 

The stinking rich club with a rich chairman with money to burn? Pretty much sums up Pep's time at City doesn't it? Wasn't disagreeing with your response to the OP was just injecting some humour/banter whatever you want to call it to the thread is all. 6 months into the job at City he had the backing. Big rep to start on though admittedly.

I always thought that the first window transfer budget was whatever the club had left over, plus a little bit ti make the game interesting for the gamer - in terms of not being completely empty and still room to work.

If 20mil isn't spent in first window, then it will be included in the calculations for the Jan window but not necessarily be wholly available.

22 hours ago, Snorks said:

The stinking rich club with a rich chairman with money to burn? Pretty much sums up Pep's time at City doesn't it? Wasn't disagreeing with your response to the OP was just injecting some humour/banter whatever you want to call it to the thread is all. 6 months into the job at City he had the backing. Big rep to start on though admittedly.

I always thought that the first window transfer budget was whatever the club had left over, plus a little bit ti make the game interesting for the gamer - in terms of not being completely empty and still room to work.

If 20mil isn't spent in first window, then it will be included in the calculations for the Jan window but not necessarily be wholly available.

Oh, in that case forgive me :). I wonder at what point do the sugar daddies say enough is enough then the unsustainable clubs clatter down the leagues. Still so far that money has yet win the ultimate club trophy

Starting budget - Yes, it normally is whats left after the summer purchases/sales in the view of the researcher but I think you can set a flag to disable it also

1 hour ago, MrPompey said:

Oh, in that case forgive me :). I wonder at what point do the sugar daddies say enough is enough then the unsustainable clubs clatter down the leagues. Still so far that money has yet win the ultimate club trophy

No problem - there are the FFP restrictions to work around as well though.

Archived