Sports Interactive Community
Heywood JaBlowme

Tactis Familiarity Bug? Screen is ALL RED After Changing Clubs. Saves Uploaded

I have recently started a new save coaching Rangers. Halfway into the next season (December 2019) I had two offers from other clubs-Watford & Torino.

I decided to make separate saves before accepting both jobs. After taking over, the Staff for both clubs did not have an Assistant Manager or HOYD.

The problem for both of these saves was that after loading a tactic, the tactical familiarity screen was completely red after filling in all positions. I've put in many hours in Touch with many different saves and have switched clubs endless times. This is not the first time I joined a club without an Assistant Manager spot that needed to be filled. But I've never seen the tactics screen at all red for Players who normally play at that position in FM 19. This has happened for me at both clubs I took over-Watford & Torino. 

Again, I've put in nearly 600 hour playing Touch '19 and this is the first time I've seen this. 

I have uploaded both saves at the SI Cloud service. That saves were made just BEFORE accepting the job offer for either club. 

The file names are: Peter Gozinya - Rangers_JustBeforeTakingTorino_1.fmt 

Peter Gozinya - Rangers_Before_Watford_Offer.fmt

Below are screenshots of my Watford & Torino squads after taking control. 

Watford_tac_Red.thumb.jpg.c5409bee078b8f4eb3814e5a9c50787c.jpgUntitled.thumb.jpg.fe5639c6b78e580f901f5713330eabe3.jpg

*Update*

The issue here is that there was no Assistant Manager.

I continued in my Rangers save and was offered yet another job with Fiorentina and I accepted. Same old story; my new club was without an Assistant Manager & HOYD. The all RED pitch stayed that way until I played a few games and hired an assistant and the tactics screen went back to normal familiarity. 

FIO.thumb.jpg.658c1815ec2c1a0ae95872457590c299.jpg

I could be mistaken but I don't recall this happening before 19.3.5. 

Hi @Heywood JaBlowme, you're right, this is entirely dependent on not having an Assistant Manager and a Head of Youth Development employed.

These are actually tactical analysis squares though, and don't have bear any relation to the actual match engine (like familiarity does). These simply tell you to what extent a player is suitable for the next upcoming fixture, and you can view what they say by hovering your cursor over the square.

This is clearly a bug though, as without either of these people employed, you're told that all of your players are completely unsuitable... which isn't true!

I've moved this to the FMT PC bug forum, and we'll take a look into this in the studio - thanks for raising!