Sports Interactive Community

Posted (edited)

Been playing football manager for 10 years now never had any issues ever. Last couple of months fm19 now keeps crashing at any point. First few months had no issue then all of a sudden it stops working. I have no idea about computers so I have had 3 tech guys have a look and none can figure out why it's not working. They have done everything possible and still nothing. 2 of the tech guys have the same issue with there fm19. Hopefully the new fm20 is playable and not like  this. 

20190612_150654.jpg

Edited by Skorsis91

Hi, are you able to attach your Dxdiag and crash dump file on here for us to look at, please? The crash dump file can be located at the following default location: C:\Users\[Your Windows Username]\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2019\crash dumps 

I would also recommend you to read the following FAQ- 

Let us know how you get on, please. Thank you.

It looks like there is an issue with your graphics drivers. I would suggest you to completely uninstall your dual graphics card and do a fresh installation with the latest version. 

Details on how to uninstall and reinstall your graphics card is here: 

Well I removed the old graphics but now my laptop keeps shutting down after 30 sec. And new graphics won't install

Can you make sure your system is using maximum performance, please? - 

- Right Click on your desktop and select 'Nvidia Control Panel'

- Click 'Manage 3D settings'

- Select 'Program Settings' and via the dropdown box for 'Select a program to customise' select 'Football Manager 2019'

- Select 'Power Management Mode'

- If the default setting is 'Optimal Power', now select 'Prefer Maximum Performance'

- Select 'Apply'

I don't have Nvidia but I have put the power setting to the max performance and still crashing.

I am sorry that I have given you the Nvidia instruction. 

Can you check which graphics card is FM19 running it with via FM > Game Status > System Information > GPU Name

If you lower the graphics quality (say from Very High to Medium, or say Medium to Low) does the frequency of crashes decrease? 

Not sure. It's just very confusing cause in ten years of playing football manager never had an issue using the same laptop. Even playing fm19 was fine for a few months then out of no where it starts crashing randomly.

Can you please upload an updated dxdiag report to check the graphics card driver

You've mentioned how this crash has been an ongoing issue for a few months now, would you be able to send your Belarc report to us so we can see if there are any programmes that might be interfering with FM19, please?