Argentina - wonderkids on a budget

I usually play in England, recently been dipping my toes in other countries. And I have come to realise that Argentina is the biggest talent goldmine on the game. I have the league on view-only which helps with scouting and looking at player stats. It's literally the only place you can get excellent talent (both young & experienced) for very reasonable budgets. 

Listing out some of the players below, every single one of these can be negotiated for under 3 million in the first couple of seasons. 

Thiago Almada - AM/SC
Exequiel Palacios - M RC
Marias Zaracho - M RC
Lisandro Martinez - DC
Fabricio Bustos - DR
Alexis Cuello - AM RL
Nicolas Dominguez - MC
Maximiliano Lovera - AMC
Tomas Chancalay - AM LC
Agustin Almendra - M RC
Matias Pellegrini - AML
Joaquin Rikemberg - AM RLC

And, some older players  as well who can step into most teams in Europe and do a good job.

Franco Armani - GK
Dario Benedetto - SC
Nicolas Blandi - SC
Lucas Pratto is also fantastic but more expensive. 

Anyone else enjoyed raiding Argentina?

By comparison I find Brazil has the same level of talent too, but at 5x the cost.

I've enjoyed playing in Argentina...never sign many players from there in other saves because I want to use different ones, and also I like to have a domestic bias. Its the fact that Brazil is financially much more powerful than Argentina that affects the prices - I think Miguel Borja is on £50k/week at Palmeiras for example, whereas the top earner in Argentina in my River save was £22k, and then he retired and it was down to about £15k. 

Hard to buy them early in the game, especially with first window off. Lot's of them went to China at a young age. Lisandro Martinez is on £82k p/w wage going there.

Also found by having the Brazilian league playable, they are able to bring home Brazilians player still early in their career. Wanted to buy Neres and he had 30+ days left before getting EU citizenship, then he went back to Brazil. Gutted, especially if you're playing in Serie A.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah OP forgot matias Vargas. I just recently started a Velez save (they are BRIMMING with talent) and I had to leave after the first season as I won the lot even the CL.

The bids for your players are super low (1m for Almada) but if you can keep them happy and win its fun. I sold their Peruvian CB for 28m and it was enough to finance some moves for players like Lisandro Martinez. Really fun league, too.

1 hour ago, steakfaced said:

Yeah OP forgot matias Vargas. I just recently started a Velez save (they are BRIMMING with talent) and I had to leave after the first season as I won the lot even the CL.

The bids for your players are super low (1m for Almada) but if you can keep them happy and win its fun. I sold their Peruvian CB for 28m and it was enough to finance some moves for players like Lisandro Martinez. Really fun league, too.

Yes forgot about him, he is a BEAST too!

Archived