Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
ryanlion28

AI Teams upgrading facilities

I've played FM for 4 years but i've never had to concern myself with this as i've only ever worried about developing my own club but now i want to develop a league.

I hope this still applies to Fm14, Do AI clubs upgrade their training and youth facilities, as well as youth recruitment if they have the finances to do so?

I'm managing in the Malta league and i'm in 2033 and all my rivals still have basic training facilities, one of them has gotten to the Europa League group stages a couple of times so they're definitely financially comfortable

I'm not sure, I had a save that went over 2030 and Real Madrid and Barcelona had 3,5 stars facilities. I was hired by Barça and managed to get it back to 5. Real stayed the same over the 7 years I stayed there and then didn't look again.

Edited by Lanko

It really makes it hard if teams don't invest in their facilities when you're trying to upgrade a nation

53 minutes ago, ryanlion28 said:

It really makes it hard if teams don't invest in their facilities when you're trying to upgrade a nation

If it makes it any better, I switched to a club in France, and after a few years two low-mid table clubs improved a lot and eventually upgraded to state of the art facilities. So I have no idea why Real and Barça didn't upgrade. Could be that their current managers at the time didn't care for youth, and the ones in the French teams did, (that's a trait), I didn't check. Club philosophies can also change over time. And Barça was really in a bazillion debt when I arrived, so there's also that (though Real was filthy rich and still did nothing, but kept hiring star players - a club philosophy)

Edited by Lanko

On 10/06/2019 at 19:18, ryanlion28 said:

Do AI clubs upgrade their training and youth facilities, as well as youth recruitment if they have the finances to do so?

Yes.