AI Teams upgrading facilities

I've played FM for 4 years but i've never had to concern myself with this as i've only ever worried about developing my own club but now i want to develop a league.

I hope this still applies to Fm14, Do AI clubs upgrade their training and youth facilities, as well as youth recruitment if they have the finances to do so?

I'm managing in the Malta league and i'm in 2033 and all my rivals still have basic training facilities, one of them has gotten to the Europa League group stages a couple of times so they're definitely financially comfortable

• 2 months later...

I'm not sure, I had a save that went over 2030 and Real Madrid and Barcelona had 3,5 stars facilities. I was hired by Barça and managed to get it back to 5. Real stayed the same over the 7 years I stayed there and then didn't look again.

Edited by Lanko

53 minutes ago, ryanlion28 said:

It really makes it hard if teams don't invest in their facilities when you're trying to upgrade a nation

If it makes it any better, I switched to a club in France, and after a few years two low-mid table clubs improved a lot and eventually upgraded to state of the art facilities. So I have no idea why Real and Barça didn't upgrade. Could be that their current managers at the time didn't care for youth, and the ones in the French teams did, (that's a trait), I didn't check. Club philosophies can also change over time. And Barça was really in a bazillion debt when I arrived, so there's also that (though Real was filthy rich and still did nothing, but kept hiring star players - a club philosophy)

Edited by Lanko

• 4 months later...

Thanks @Seb Wassell! And do you know if they do degrade? For example, I am at 11th season in my game (FM19 - all playable English leagues) and I notice that many teams have upgraded their facilities, so many of PL/CL clubs has SOA/Superb Y/T facilities, but then if it continues like that it won't be a realistic/fun experience (overly increased player quality in total) - as in real life, not all of the clubs make such progress - but some make no progress, or some even degrade (eg. poor financial management).

I am curious to hear more insights on this, I hope you/another staff member can clarify. 

If you are finacilly quite stable just ask yourdirectors to do it in the finances window.And I'm pretty sure there must be some where in the code that downgrades your facilities over time.

• SI Staff
18 hours ago, outofroutine said:

Thanks @Seb Wassell! And do you know if they do degrade? For example, I am at 11th season in my game (FM19 - all playable English leagues) and I notice that many teams have upgraded their facilities, so many of PL/CL clubs has SOA/Superb Y/T facilities, but then if it continues like that it won't be a realistic/fun experience (overly increased player quality in total) - as in real life, not all of the clubs make such progress - but some make no progress, or some even degrade (eg. poor financial management).

I am curious to hear more insights on this, I hope you/another staff member can clarify. 

Yes, Facilities and Stadiums degrade over time as technology evolves and infrastructure ages.

Edit - You will on occasions receive an inbox item informing you to the effect of "due to technological advances X has been downgraded"

• 3 years later...

Hi 

I am also in the business of developing league and nation.
I am working on the Swedish league and some things are realisticly changing but some are not.

To paint the picture for you:
i am on year 2052. Basicly 30 years into the futrure.
Swedish League league rank 6. Just above Belgium, Netherlands and Portugal Leagues.
The best Swedish team is Djurgården. They are literally the PSG/Bayern Munchen of Sweden. I Managed them for the first 17 seasons or so.
And they are competing for Champions League even.
I left Swedish league to play with Preston for 11 seasons to see how Swedish league handled itself on its own.
I decided now to go back to Swedish league system, starting lower down in the pyramid. To try increase Swedish standards from the roots.

The things that have slowly developed with Djurgården carrying the league: (The changes gone at EXTREMLY slow rate.)

The changes gone at EXTREMLY slow rate.

-All Swedish league players values are now at same levels as other leagues of the same reputation, At start of Save they are super low and is very hard to gain any riches. These changes basicly started once i left Djurgården to join Preston. 
While i was at Djurgården it increased by maybe 200% and once i left it was about 2000% increase. No exaggeration.

-All Swedish teams recruit better and better players to try catch up with Djurgården. (The big issue here is there is no Swedes.)
And i suspect the reason for that is that all the Facilities and Coaches are still at sub tier standards. And the teams dont fully hire staff and have bunch of free slots for more staff.

-Some Swedish teams have done minor uppgrade to their stadiums. Wich is cool, but by now 30 years later, Considering how small their stadiums is at start, they should have grown abit more.

-Sponsorships are wierd for all teams..... Even Djurgården. who bounce between 1 billion and 100 million in Sponsorships from year to year. There is no stability. 

-Facilities Not a single team have increased they basic and good facilities in 30 years. Even thou the League has climbed so much in reputation.
My guess because of economy. They spend more to keep up with Djurgården. And cause Stadiums and Sponsorships are not developing as they should, They basicly survive on Transfers only.

-The lower league reputations gone up seemingly realisticly. Wich is awesome. But sadly, their economy, sponsorship, attendance etc have not.

-Attendances havent really gone up at all. Except for Djurgården, cause they are winning titles.

I am not sure what the chokepoint is in here. That maybe there will be a Ketchup bottle effect later on that will speed development up abit, and make the teams use Swedish players again etc.

I hope maybe a staff could give some clarification on how it works or how your tought process is when making these mechanics.
Thanks for reading and thanks for making a awesome game. 

Edit: Heres a screenshot of 6th best league in Europes sponsorship table....
https://gyazo.com/d1bcd249512b207afd49a72184c1aa5e

Worth Mentioning: Djurgården is 6 time Champions League winner and have won 25 straight league titles.
Hammarby got the 4'th most supporters in the nation.

100M kr = ~10M £

Edited by Bagfather

• Jack Sarahs changed the title to AI Teams upgrading facilities