Sports Interactive Community
xMaladjustedx

FM 2019 (Game Pass) crashes right before I get to Inbox on new career.

Posted (edited)

Hello,

I hope someone can help me here as the previous steps I've taken have not worked. As the title says, my game crashes after I choose the manager's skill points and confirm to advance to the inbox. I downloaded it yesterday with Game Pass and it worked flawlessly. However, today this keeps happening.

I downloaded a logo pack, which I have since uninstalled, deleted cache and preferences, uninstalled the game and downloaded again and nothing seems to work.

Any tipps? I'll upload my DxDiag, however I don't have a crash dump in my folder!?

PS: I have a pretty powerful PC, so hardware shouldn't be an issue. All drivers are up to date.

DxDiag.txt

Edited by xMaladjustedx

Hi when you said FM19 worked flawlessly yesterday, can you carry on with that particular save still?

Do you receive any messages when the game crashes or does it just quit suddenly?

It is also worth trying to RESET your setting. You can do this via app > more > app settings > reset

Can you also make sure that your graphics have been removed completely, please?

Let us know if how you get on, please. Thanks.

Hello Jimmy,

the game also crashes after clicking on "load game". No messages, just a quick CTD.

I reset everything but the problem persists.

I have tried that before. After reinstalling, the game crashes, before a folder in appdata is created.

I have also tried all of the standard steps mentioned in the link you posted, to no avail.

I got my hopes up after todays's(?) windows update seemed to have sped up the game....but it still crashes once I reach the inbox.

So to confirm, after a Windows update today you are now able to load into your save and create a new save but the game crashes when you reach the inbox? Did you click on anything in the inbox before it crashes? Are you using custom database? Can you also take a screenshot on the screen that you crashed on, please?

Well no, the menus and loading the database are quicker now, but I still crash before I get to the inbox. Again, clicking on "load save" crashes the game. Can't click anything in the inbox....I just see a brief flash of it and then it's CTD. I have tried using a custom database, but as I said I wiped every folder (appdata, documents,...) and tried doing a clean install to no avail. I added a quick video to show where it crashes every time.

We think it would be helpful if we can see what actually happens at the time of the crash, it looks like you can only record while the game is running, therefore I would recommend you to use OBS studio to capture after the crash, too.

You can install OBS Studio as shown via this instructional video:

Once you have a recording of you playing and the lag issue, upload the video to our Cloud where we can download it and take a look.

If you do manage to record and upload the file, please do remember to come back here and let us know the file name. 

Ideally, we would like you to start recording from the start screen until after the crash, please.