Sports Interactive Community

I just started my save unemployed, and landed the gig for China U23s. I played through Championship Qualifiers, and then there was a few months break before the actual championship. In 2020, I finished third in U23 AFC Championship, which means I should be qualified for the Olympics.

But the moment I save after the game, my inbox says I left the post. Not fired, but left the post on my own. Whenever I tried to apply for vacant position, I'd be told it's been too soon since I left the job.

So my question: is this me being sacked, or standard procedure? I know the next friendly was is set for the end of March, so will I be able to get my job back before then?

I'm really in no rush to touch this until I can get this cleared up. Thank you in advance for any help the forum can offer.

20190610050929_1.jpg

20190610050859_1.jpg

Just a couple of thoughts: did your contract expire ? also, the email reads like the team will no longer be playing matches, so they don't need a manager.

Im aware that that kind of "sacking" comes when there aren't enough players for the team to be considered playable, most likely there aren't many U23 chinese players so the team got unavailable for human manager to manage so you got "sacked" 

I've never experienced relegation out of a playable league, but it does feel like its a situation where the team has gone into unplayable territory.

This can possibly be due to your database, there might be enough players for an u23 Chinese team at the start of the game, but if the relevant league and such isn't active and producing regens then it could be the team is no longer open for a player to manage.

1 hour ago, reme said:

Just a couple of thoughts: did your contract expire ? also, the email reads like the team will no longer be playing matches, so they don't need a manager.

The game won't let me see any details regarding my contract, even at older savepoints.

42 minutes ago, WorcesterLegend said:

Im aware that that kind of "sacking" comes when there aren't enough players for the team to be considered playable, most likely there aren't many U23 chinese players so the team got unavailable for human manager to manage so you got "sacked" 

42 minutes ago, santy001 said:

I've never experienced relegation out of a playable league, but it does feel like its a situation where the team has gone into unplayable territory.

This can possibly be due to your database, there might be enough players for an u23 Chinese team at the start of the game, but if the relevant league and such isn't active and producing regens then it could be the team is no longer open for a player to manage.

I can't show it currently, but my national pool had well over 80 eligible players, and both Chinese leagues are loaded (very large save). Even if that wasn't the case, my team that I chose for Olympic Qualifiers are all eligible to play at the U23 level during the Olympics

20190610064640_1.jpg

I think most U23 international teams only play for relatively small time frame so think it'd be a case of the team no longer 'existing' so to speak and a user manager would be forced to leave. Then it should come back for the Olympics and you should by then be able to re-apply for the job.

44 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

I think most U23 international teams only play for relatively small time frame so think it'd be a case of the team no longer 'existing' so to speak and a user manager would be forced to leave. Then it should come back for the Olympics and you should by then be able to re-apply for the job.

Thanks. I'll wait and see what happens.

So no matter I holiday for, I'm told that left the post too early for my application to be considered. Then they singed a new manager end of May. Went back to the week before the signing, and was told that I left the post too early again.

@Neil Brock Is there some way for me to use the editor to force myself back into the role?

It's not possible to use the IGE to appoint yourself as the manager of an international youth team. The only way to get the job is to create another manger call him Whatever YouWant. Make Mr MY the national team manager. in the capacity of the national team manager appoint yourself as the youth team manager. Retire Mr MY.