Jump to content
Sports Interactive Community
Neil Brock

Football Manager on Xbox Game Pass for PC

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

I am a player and fan since CM 00/01, and have been playing FM since the first release in 2005 (starting to show my age, even though I was still in school then :lol:). I even have the documentary on Blu-Ray as no cinema local to me was showing it.  

FM was withdrawn from Xbox because of sales but the sales were likely poor because the control system and interface didn't work as well on console. I've waited a decade to play FM on the Microsoft ecosystem and was so excited for the 2019 version on Windows 10 but I am disappointed in the broken parts of this game. I managed to obtain all of the achievements on the 360 games and am currently number one for this version but I hope you can fix these following problems soon. I know you have stated that some of these issues listed below will be fixed in the following weeks. 

 

  1. YouTube and Twitter functionality needed for Video DIrector and Spread the News.
  2. Network games added for Head-to-Head and Immortality.
  3. Fantasy Draft added for Living the Dream and Beat your Mates.
  4. What A Goal! doesn't unlock after a player is awarded Goal of the Month.
  5. We Trust You is highly unlikely to unlock after the board grants you a feeder/affiliate team. This probably works fine. Looks like I misunderstood the requirements. You need to be offered a chance to select an affilaite when you request an affiliate team, rather than picking one from the list they send you.
  6. Invincible! doesn't unlock when going on holiday, Maybe the requirements are you have to play the games, which isn't in line with the rest of the game.
  7. The World and European Player of the Year awards not being awarded to any player. 
  8. Cup Glory! doesn't unlock after winning a top domestic cup. I have Done the Double, so this should have happened as well.
  9. Window Shopping doesn't unlock from the main menu.
  10. Shrewd Spender didn't unlock until I had 100% control of the wage bill.
  11. Star Man, Tremendous Trio, and Fantastic Five aren't unlocking for everyone.
  12. Attack! is not unlocking for everyone yet the Irresistible Force achievement did. Same for On A Roll.

It feels as though this port was rushed, probably due to it being a launch title with Game Pass PC/Game Pass Ultimate. Please fix these ASAP and please let us know when to expect the update.

 

 

Edited by LuckyConquerer2
I was wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Red Sun Master said:

How do I open the pre-game editor, I can't find it anywhere

If you are playing via Game Pass, you need to purchase the editor in the Downloads store. Press FM (top right) and then click Downloads. It can also be accessed from the main menu. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LuckyConquerer2 said:

If you are playing via Game Pass, you need to purchase the editor in the Downloads store. Press FM (top right) and then click Downloads. It can also be accessed from the main menu. 

Yeah but that is the in game editor, he is talking about the pre game editor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ralnic16 said:

Yeah but that is the in game editor, he is talking about the pre game editor

Ahh, I misread. I don't see it anywhere so I presume it was meant to be a download, as the in-game editor is, but hasn't been released. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 11/06/2019 at 21:28, Neil Brock said:

Yeah the achievement isn't valid currently and we're investigating. Apologies you've encountered this. 

That's ok, I was more confused than anything. Thanks for looking into it. If you could also fix the other broken achievements, that would be appreciated. I've encountered much the same as below.

4 hours ago, LuckyConquerer2 said:
  1. YouTube and Twitter functionality needed for Video DIrector and Spread the News.
  2. Network games added for Head-to-Head and Immortality.
  3. Fantasy Draft added for Living the Dream and Beat your Mates.
  4. What A Goal! doesn't unlock after a player is awarded Goal of the Month.
  5. We Trust You is highly unlikely to unlock after the board grants you a feeder/affiliate team.
  6. Invincible! doesn't unlock when going on holiday, Maybe the requirements are you have to play the games, which isn't in line with the rest of the game.
  7. The World and European Player of the Year awards not being awarded to any player. 
  8. Cup Glory! doesn't unlock after winning a top domestic cup. I have Done the Double, so this should have happened as well.
  9. Window Shopping doesn't unlock from the main menu.
  10. Shrewd Spender didn't unlock until I had 100% control of the wage bill.
  11. Star Man, Tremendous Trio, and Fantastic Five aren't unlocking for everyone.
  12. Attack! is not unlocking for everyone yet the Irresistible Force achievement did. Same for On A Roll.

 

Edited by TeddyWestside22

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We're investigating currently with some achievements. Network modes are due to be added relatively soon so the related achievements will be available to unlock.

Also bear in mind if the save has been played via Steam and an achievement unlocked, it can't then be loaded up in MS Game Pass and have the achievement unlocked again. We've tested the Star Man, Tremendous Trio and Fantastic Five very recently and they've unlocked fine so we'd need to see specific save games where there's been issues with these.

Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

We're investigating currently with some achievements. Network modes are due to be added relatively soon so the related achievements will be available to unlock.

Also bear in mind if the save has been played via Steam and an achievement unlocked, it can't then be loaded up in MS Game Pass and have the achievement unlocked again. We've tested the Star Man, Tremendous Trio and Fantastic Five very recently and they've unlocked fine so we'd need to see specific save games where there's been issues with these.

Thanks.

Hi Neil, thanks for the quick response and the positive update. 

I do believe the people who claimed SM, TT and FF are bugged did import their save. I had no issues using a fresh save for these three achievements.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/06/2019 at 17:23, oulzac said:

You probably can't answer this, but are we able to get access to the DB folder for modding with this version? I can't find the core game files for the life of me.

The files are in the WindowsApps folder. But even after taking ownership of that folder, I can't make any changes in the db folder, so I can't get the licenses fixed. Has anyone found a way to do this yet?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anybody know of anyway to use the 'Real Name Fix' addon with the gamepass version as I cannot figure it out for the life of me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, AFerguson said:

The files are in the WindowsApps folder. But even after taking ownership of that folder, I can't make any changes in the db folder, so I can't get the licenses fixed. Has anyone found a way to do this yet?

The game files do not appear in that folder for me. But other gamepass games do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, AFerguson said:

The files are in the WindowsApps folder. But even after taking ownership of that folder, I can't make any changes in the db folder, so I can't get the licenses fixed. Has anyone found a way to do this yet?

 

11 hours ago, Hay said:

Does anybody know of anyway to use the 'Real Name Fix' addon with the gamepass version as I cannot figure it out for the life of me.

Potential ways to get around licencing issues cannot be discussed on this forum.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Can anyone explain the Beating Expectations achievement to me? (You have gained 90% board confidence in overall competitions)

This is my stats:
Overall competitions 88%

  • English Premier Division 99% (target:  Qualify for ECC. Actual: Won the league (undefeated, just two draws))
  • English FA Cup 65% (target: reach the final. Actual: winner)
  • Carabao Cup 60% (target: reach the final. Actual: winner)
  • European Champions Cup 100% (target: reach the quarter-final. Actual: Winner)

So, obviously, the overall is not an average but weighted. My question is how can the board have confidence at 60 and 65% when I exceeded the expectations and could do nothing further? It can't be done with certain clubs, which is stupid. Next season, I started at 50%, Or is this another bug?

Edited by LuckyConquerer2
Updated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LuckyConquerer2 said:

Can anyone explain the Beating Expectations achievement to me? (You have gained 90% board confidence in overall competitions)

This is my stats:
Overall competitions 88%

  • English Premier Division 99% (target:  Qualify for ECC. Actual: Won the league (undefeated, just two draws))
  • English FA Cup 65% (target: reach the final. Actual: winner)
  • Carabao Cup 60% (target: reach the final. Actual: winner)
  • European Champions Cup 100% (target: reach the quarter-final. Actual: Winner)

So, obviously, the overall is not an average but weighted. My question is how can the board have confidence at 60 and 65% when I exceeded the expectations and could do nothing further? It can't be done with certain clubs, which is stupid. Next season, I started at 50%, Or is this another bug?

Sounds like a bug there, best to raise it on our bugs forum and upload the save game to our Cloud. 

Relevant Bugs forum here - https://community.sigames.com/forum/665-all-other-gameplay/

Upload instructions here - https://community.sigames.com/faq/football-manager-2019/180_how-to/181_pc/how-to-upload-files-r666/

Thanks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Neil Brock said:

Sounds like a bug there, best to raise it on our bugs forum and upload the save game to our Cloud. 

Relevant Bugs forum here - https://community.sigames.com/forum/665-all-other-gameplay/

Upload instructions here - https://community.sigames.com/faq/football-manager-2019/180_how-to/181_pc/how-to-upload-files-r666/

Thanks. 

Thanks. I have already saved past it and moved on to the Bundesliga with Greuter Furth. Targets are avoiding relegation and 2nd round of the Cup. I'll report it if happens again. Edit: It unlocked at the new club.

Edited by LuckyConquerer2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This version is far slower than the steam version. Also its missing simple things like the animations on the tactics selection screen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have been a FM player for over 10 years now, but have never got round to signing up to the forum, just wanted to say i have been looking forward to FM coming back into the Xbox ecosystem for a while now so im very happy to see it on Xbox Game Pass. Cant wait to get it downloaded and try it out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hello, i have buy the in game editor on the download page / store. i play with the game pass.

i have do This :

" If you are playing via Game Pass, you need to purchase the editor in the Downloads store. Press FM (top right) and then click Downloads. It can also be accessed from the main menu.  "

but after that, i dont found the editor , when i go back to the download page its : debloqué in french , like already purchase in English.

i have try to make a new game , nothing

to found the document/sigame/fm 2019/Gamepass/editor data , or all the folder : Nothing.

i play the french version.

please help me , how to use the in game editor ? after buy it on game pass?

it's a bug and i have to delete/install FM again ?

thanks for your help.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

where is the free editor which you get when you buy the game

 

 

nowhere is there any information that this is a demo and not a full version that does not have basic functions

 

 

 

Edited by czarny

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/06/2019 at 16:47, Gauvner said:

Not sure if this is the best place to post this, and if this should even be directed at SI or Microsoft, but I've had to reinstall the game 3 times now, as when i take a break, or like tonight come on to load the game up i get errors saying icuuc59.dll  icuin59.dll openal32.dll  & vpxmt.dll are missing and a reinstall may fix the problem. Which it does do. But i don't really want to be uninstalling and downloading the game every time i want to play.

Any advice guys? Or should i go mither Microsoft?

I'm having the same issue here. Randomly when I start the game I get the  icuuc59.dll  icuin59.dll errors and have to reset the FM19 app in Windows to be able to start the game. Then after some time when I want to play again. It happens again, I have no idea why that keeps happening.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone know if FM on the new gamepass is the same as if I buy it off steam? Like can I download a database update? Also, if I start a save on the gamepass version, will it be available if I later buy the game on steam?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, GeneralDragnoz said:

Does anyone know if FM on the new gamepass is the same as if I buy it off steam? Like can I download a database update? Also, if I start a save on the gamepass version, will it be available if I later buy the game on steam?

As far as i am aware its the exact same version of Football Manager, not an inferior version or anything like that. As for the save, im pretty sure you could transfer the save over in documents, but im not 100% sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Josh261995 said:

As far as i am aware its the exact same version of Football Manager, not an inferior version or anything like that. As for the save, im pretty sure you could transfer the save over in documents, but im not 100% sure.

There are game modes missing. The in-game and pre-game editors are missing, and in-game is an additional purchase. Network games and fantasy draft are missing. You can drop saves into the Documents folder.

Edited by LuckyConquerer2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, LuckyConquerer2 said:

There are game modes missing. The in-game and pre-game editors are missing, and in-game is an additional purchase. Network games and fantasy draft are missing. You can drop saves into the Documents folder.

In-game editor is available and network/fantasy drafts are due to be added as soon as we're able to. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Dr. Pepper said:

I'm having the same issue here. Randomly when I start the game I get the  icuuc59.dll  icuin59.dll errors and have to reset the FM19 app in Windows to be able to start the game. Then after some time when I want to play again. It happens again, I have no idea why that keeps happening.

Have you definitely downloaded and installed the latest 1903 Windows Update? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

In-game editor is available and network/fantasy drafts are due to be added as soon as we're able to. 

The in-game editor is a separate download and I purchased it. This version is not the same as steam, which was GeneralDragnoz's concern. A few things are missing, but not many.

Can you give us an estimated time for the updates to add these game modes and fix the unobtainable achievements? 

Edited by LuckyConquerer2
Error

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, LuckyConquerer2 said:

The in-game editor is a separate download and I purchased it. This version is not the same as steam, which was GeneralDragnoz's concern. A few things are missing, but not many.

Can you give us an estimated time for the updates to add these game modes and fix the unobtainable achievements? 

I'm unable to give an estimate currently - we're hopeful it'll be relatively soon but given it's a completely different system from the Steam network games, it's something that requires a large amount of checking and testing to make sure the experience is a good as everyone would expect. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Neil Brock said:

In-game editor is available and network/fantasy drafts are due to be added as soon as we're able to. 

where is this free editor? (not paid Real Time Editor) only Database free?????????????

Edited by czarny

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, czarny said:

where is this free editor? (not paid Real Time Editor) only free?????????????

Like on Steam the in-game editor is only available as additional content. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

Like on Steam the in-game editor is only available as additional content. 

I am asking about  pre-game data editor where is he 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Neil Brock said:

Have you definitely downloaded and installed the latest 1903 Windows Update? 

Yes I had recently updated to the latest version. My Version is 1903 and OS build 18352.175.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Dr. Pepper said:

Yes I had recently updated to the latest version. My Version is 1903 and OS build 18352.175.

Would suggest resetting the game settings. You can do this as follows:

- In Windows Click the 'Start' button and find Football Manager via the start menu
- Right-click and select 'More' -> 'App Settings'
- From here click the 'Reset' button (this will not remove any save games) 
- Once you've done so, try the game again

Let us know how you get on. Thanks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, czarny said:

I am asking about  pre-game data editor where is he 

Unfortunately the pre-game editor is not available with the Xbox Game Pass version. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Neil Brock said:

Would suggest resetting the game settings. You can do this as follows:

- In Windows Click the 'Start' button and find Football Manager via the start menu
- Right-click and select 'More' -> 'App Settings'
- From here click the 'Reset' button (this will not remove any save games) 
- Once you've done so, try the game again

Let us know how you get on. Thanks. 

I have done that a few times. That's one of the reasons I can get it to work again. It's seems to a be a bit random when this happens. Seems to have lessened a bit, these last few days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

any word on when said achievements are getting fixed?

domestic cup, continental cup, invincible, confederations cup, goal of the month.

done all of em multiple times but no luck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The last FM I played was 2010 but now the game has Xbox achievements I am 100% buying the game from the Windows store just as soon as all the achievements and full 1000G are attainable. 

If they never get fixed I'm afraid it's a pass from me and I'll be sticking with Champ Man 0102 with community data updates! :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, edgify said:

any word on when said achievements are getting fixed?

domestic cup, continental cup, invincible, confederations cup, goal of the month.

done all of em multiple times but no luck

Just to check, was this continuing a save started on the Steam version or a brand new version started in Game Pass? If it's from a previously created Steam version, if the achievement has already been unlocked in that save it can't be re-unlocked. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

Just to check, was this continuing a save started on the Steam version or a brand new version started in Game Pass? If it's from a previously created Steam version, if the achievement has already been unlocked in that save it can't be re-unlocked. 

These are the ones that are confirmed broken for everyone currently:

Cup Glory - You won a top domestic cup.
Invincible! - Your team played the entire season without losing a league game.
What a Goal! - Your player collected a goal of the month award.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
These ones are "broken" due to the services not being in the game (I know they're going to be added but just for the purpose of providing the full picture, I will note them here)

Video Director - You uploaded a video on YouTube.
Spread the News - You posted a status update.
Head-to-Head -You have won a match against another person on a Network Game.
Invitational
-You invited a friend to a Network Game.
Living the Dream
-You have played against an AI team in Fantasy Draft Mode.
Beat your Mates
- You won a Fantasy Draft competition.

All of the others are obtainable. I have only used a brand new Game Pass save and the above do not unlock, not for me or anyone else on this version (based on the TrueAchievements website: https://www.trueachievements.com/game/Football-Manager-2019/achievements).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MrGizMo said:

Hold on! The version on gamepass has achievements for your Xbox account? 

Yes. Almost all games on the windows 10 store have xbox achievements on PC. Its pretty rare they don't actually.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TeddyWestside22 said:


What a Goal! - Your player collected a goal of the month award.
 

 

This is one of the ones broken on steam still too. Along with Goal of the Season and You gained the trust of the board to select a feeder team. So doubt those two also work on GP either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, oulzac said:

Yes. Almost all games on the windows 10 store have xbox achievements on PC. Its pretty rare they don't actually.

Then i am installing that version tonight :D! Hopefully we still can use license and logofixes :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, MrGizMo said:

Then i am installing that version tonight :D! Hopefully we still can use license and logofixes :) 

Graphics addons yes, the license fix, no.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, i downloaded the program and it couldn't launch initially but after a couple of tries it started working on its own. But once again i'm starting to experience the same issue and i would like to know if th ere is a permanent fix to this?

2019-06-19.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Neil Brock said:

Just to check, was this continuing a save started on the Steam version or a brand new version started in Game Pass? If it's from a previously created Steam version, if the achievement has already been unlocked in that save it can't be re-unlocked. 

brand new version on game pass

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Spoiler

 

Hi all. 

I have a problem with the change from Steam to Game Pass. The game runs fine via steam and I have a 4 star graphics rating. However when using game pass the game is much more laggy with loading times, and the graphics rating goes down to one star. Anything I should be doing differently ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, oulzac said:

Graphics addons yes, the license fix, no.

 

 

Are you sure about the license ;)

2nyBZOg.jpg

 

7fXjbV2.jpg

 

d9oaEd8.jpg

 

On 14/06/2019 at 06:58, HUNT3R said:

 

Potential ways to get around licencing issues cannot be discussed on this forum.

Dont worry 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MrGizMo said:

 

Are you sure about the license ;)

2nyBZOg.jpg

 

7fXjbV2.jpg

 

d9oaEd8.jpg

 

Dont worry 

How did you manage that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, oulzac said:

How did you manage that?

Copy the files in the right map :D Just like always. But we are not allowed to talk about it here :( 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...