I need to score more goals

I'm doing really well at Atalanta, currently fourth in Serie A, but i need to score more goals. My defense is very good btw. So, in order to score more goals, what would you change of my tactics? Also, as Ilicic is not playing well, i would like to sign an AM who easily can score goals. Could you recommend me some players? 

Captura de pantalla 2019-06-09 a las 14.24.42.png

Captura de pantalla 2019-06-09 a las 14.24.04.png

Captura de pantalla 2019-06-09 a las 14.23.43.png

The first thing I notice with your tactic is that there isn’t a single player on an attack duty. Considering you are playing with a TM, I would imagine that you are potentially suffering with the attacking midfielders not getting up in support quickly and effectively and trying to attack any space in the final third that he might create 

I would change almost everything in your tactic. And not just because you are not scoring as many goals as you would like to, but because the tactic as a whole is:

- too sterile (there is not a single attack duty, as @Tom24 rightly noted)

- extremely one-dimensional (the flanks mirroring each other)

- needlessly slow in the attacking phase (due to the overkill created by the combo of short passing and low tempo used at the same time)

Plus, I really don't understand the point of using a target-man (role) in a system like this (in terms of both roles and duties and team instructions). 

The only thing I like is the combination of roles for the 2 CMs (DLPde/BBM).

Sorry if I may have sounded a bit harsh, but I am just honest.

11 hours ago, Experienced Defender said:

I would change almost everything in your tactic. And not just because you are not scoring as many goals as you would like to, but because the tactic as a whole is:

- too sterile (there is not a single attack duty, as @Tom24 rightly noted)

- extremely one-dimensional (the flanks mirroring each other)

- needlessly slow in the attacking phase (due to the overkill created by the combo of short passing and low tempo used at the same time)

Plus, I really don't understand the point of using a target-man (role) in a system like this (in terms of both roles and duties and team instructions). 

The only thing I like is the combination of roles for the 2 CMs (DLPde/BBM).

Sorry if I may have sounded a bit harsh, but I am just honest.

It's funny because I'm 99% sure that they're the default settings for the boilerplate 'custom possession' tactic.

I'm playing a very similar tactic myself at AZ, and I have similar results; very good defensively but not scoring many. That's with two attack duties in the front four as well, and I change up player roles now and again. 

I also have a problem with my AMC playing poorly, but this has been for two seasons with about three different players in that position now.  

I'd assume OPs problem is that with his team playing a patient, possession style and doing well in the league teams have started sitting deep and narrow against him. 

3 hours ago, Ugeine said:

It's funny because I'm 99% sure that they're the default settings for the boilerplate 'custom possession' tactic.

I'm playing a very similar tactic myself at AZ, and I have similar results; very good defensively but not scoring many. That's with two attack duties in the front four as well, and I change up player roles now and again. 

I also have a problem with my AMC playing poorly, but this has been for two seasons with about three different players in that position now.  

I'd assume OPs problem is that with his team playing a patient, possession style and doing well in the league teams have started sitting deep and narrow against him. 

You are correct that's pretty much the included "Control Possession" tactic instructions but OPs swapped so many roles and duties, I think only 2 positions are the same (WB are to since WB-Au are WB-Su on Positive).

Whilst you weren't asking me, I have no problem with slowing things down when on higher mentalities. The more patient the style then the importance of mental attributes will increase as will the need to avoid traits like shoots from distance.  Its not just the roles+duties used but the type of players used.

I have no idea if the players suited that style, but the OPs tactical issue is basically having 5 of the front 6 converging to the same area.  The standard tactic at least had forward pushing up to create space in hole rather than dropping into it and had a winger to hold the width.  I mean if your building a possession tactic to break down defenses do you think of a TM? And then remove a winger?

Not sure scoring 23 in 18 but conceding 19 in 18 puts the blame firmly on the attack like OP was saying :stop:.  I'd say improvements at both ends could me made.

OP, your defence is good? That's great. I would change nothing about your tactic. It looks like a good shape and seems like it's the play style you prefer, since it's only more goals u want. Is the team creating goal chances?

Get better players in key attacking /creative positions. Not a necessity to get more expensive players, just better ones for the chances you create. Try to figure out what attributes you are missing in attack. Eg physically  accel/pace, strength, jumping etc. Are the strikers making poor decisions. Maybe flair player is reqd to add a dimension to your attack. And so on.

Then scout for players fitting your requirements either using the club scouts or in the player search.

Archived