FM2018 Help needed

I played various versions of FM before and seem to struggle with 2018's.

I understand I cannot win all games and strategy is very important. I tried one match 6 different times with different approaches but lose every time. Even when I am 3-0 up I then suddenly face 2 penalties against me and an own goal, far from realistic but the game is set on making me lose/draw. There is no tactic suitable for those kind of circumstances.  Is it correct that when you change tactic, for one match, the team will still play your usual tactic more or less as they are not used to the new style? So most shouts are useless unless you use them all the time? 

How important is match training? What impact does it have on the match? 

And I struggle with motivating the team at team talk as the media reports I am the underdog, yet the team talk states i should win easily. And it does this vice versa. Or bookies odds in favour and Journalist says im underdog. This is extremely confusing as there is no way to set a tactic up playing either way. And why does the "Player" need to adjust tactic to the PC/opposition? Many people say if the opponent plays attacking football it is best to play counter.....there is not much logic in this, you cannot change your entire gameplay based on one opponent and who says they dont change their play as well? Complete guesswork based on simplistic graphics that are very hard to base any judgment on. 

Could do with some pointers, or am i wasting my time and is the game not as good/realistic as previous ones? 

Can you post a screenshot of your tactic, to begin with? You can change plenty of tactics and all of them could be wrong. So saying that you "tried one match 6 different times with different approaches" means nothing. Sometimes seemingly "minor" details can make a huge difference between a bad and great tactic.

Archived