Jump to content
Sports Interactive Community

Recommended Posts

So what unrealistic moments have you had that annoyed you, or even ruined the experience a bit. It doesn't even have to be related to your team. I don't mean to do with stuff that happens in the match engine, or weird media questioning or other bugs. I mean moments like transfers or teams winning things that normally wouldn't.

I've just had Arsene Wenger take the Borussia Dortmund job during my 2nd seasons in charge at Bayern, after they underperformed throughout the 1st season and missed the CL. Couldn't ever see him coaching a team in Germany to be honest. Well possibly Bayern, but nobody else. In the first summer (2018), Juventus signed, wait for it, Chris Smalling. I couldn't see that ever happening, although the fact that he spent most of the season on the bench there made it slightly more bearable. Arsenal signed Lukaku and Mandzukic in the summer of 2019, but what's weirder, tried to play both of them along wth Aubameyang in a 4-2-3-1 formation, with Aubameyang up front, Mandzukic as a left wing attacker and Lukaku as a right wing attacker, that I think was slightly absurd. I also had Leipzig win the Bundesliga (that was my fault as Bayern coach though. Threw it away right at the end), German Cup, Europa League (v Arsenal), then the European Super Cup the following seasons (v Juventus) and German Super Cup (v my Bayern team on penalties). They seem a little too unstoppable, and have had a great start to the 2nd season in the Bundesliga too. 

I'm sure people who are into their 10th or 20th season have seen far stranger things. I never make it that far, so I can only talk about what I see happening earlier on. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Someone other than Juventus and Bayern won their respective leagues (Leipzig in 2018/19) and Inter in (2019/20 and 2020/21)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Couple years ago somebody here said "As soon as you press "continue" for the first time in your save nothing is realistic anymore" ( something like that I don't know English very well )

So, it is a good thing that almost nothing is realstic here, if everything was reaslitic, game would be boring af. People would not be able to win CL with lower league teams if game was realstic, Juventus would win serie A every year and so on.

Edited by Marko1989

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Marko1989 said:

So, it is a good thing that almost nothing is realstic here, if everything was reaslitic, game would be boring af. People would not be able to win CL with lower league teams if game was realstic, Juventus would win serie A every year and so on.

OK, I can agree that most of the games aren't realistic in a true meaning of the word. It's not realstic that every other preson can become world-class manager, then switch to Call of Duty and become super soldier killing machine. We are talking about "game raalictic" here, how much the world depicted and simulated resembles real world. Of course it's far from the actual real world.

16 hours ago, WojciechZed said:

I'm sure people who are into their 10th or 20th season have seen far stranger things. I never make it that far, so I can only talk about what I see happening earlier on. 

I don't pay attention to it that much. If I find something unrealistic, it's just my subjective opinion, I don't have a clue what will clubs in a few years do or how the landscape will change. Few years ago, I would've never guessed that Carrasco and bunch of other players would be going to China, for example.

But here and there I see something I find unrealsitc, like in FM18, year into the save Modric went in Catania or something like that. But his physical stats delined in game severly so he was not the same player like IRL. In my current save I'm in a season 2028-29, and now I'm with Milan and the chairman is a Serb, Slobodan Govedarica. That is a bit unrealsitic for me, I can't imagine anything like that ever happening. My friend tells me, in his save, Consenca or some club like that are playing Champions League. He is a few years into a save like I am. So there are always things like that.

Edited by yolixeya

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, yolixeya said:

In my current save I'm in a season 2028-29, and now I'm with Milan and the chairman is a Serb, Slobodan Govedarica. That is a bit unrealsitic for me.
 

Haha, I am from Serbia :) Yes, that is unrealistic, but everything is unrealistic from transfers to match results, so there is no even point thinking about what is realstic and what is not and that is the beauty of this game with every save you are creating new football reality. Just look at my run with Lyon, I'm only 4-th season and I'm playing CL group stage with reserve team with ease: (espec. game with PSG) https://prnt.sc/nyu95r

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Marko1989 said:

Haha, I am from Serbia :) Yes, that is unrealistic, but everything is unrealistic from transfers to match results, so there is no even point thinking about what is realstic and what is not and that is the beauty of this game with every save you are creating new football reality. Just look at my run with Lyon, I'm only 4-th season and I'm playing CL group stage with reserve team with ease: (espec. game with PSG) https://prnt.sc/nyu95r

That was my point. Kind of... Human managers disrupt the "game reality" more than AI managers. If you would leave Lyon to AI manager and simulate game, they would not be so good. Game is made for us and our own enjoyment so it have to be easy enough.

I agree, CL group stage is not challenging, especially after a few seasons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In my first FM19 save, Klopp somehow became manager of Man City. That felt really wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

klopp always seems to go to Man City after a successful season with Liverpool, definitely seems wrong

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For me its easy.

Sunday League start as Dulwich Hamlet. Promoted to League one by playoffs. National League only proper trophy, all others playoffs.

Take job at Leeds, sacked within months for arguing with board. Take job at Sheff Wed, sacked within months for arguing with board. Take job at Villa, promoted to EPL. Offered Real Madrid job.

Game's bust.

Or, any Sunday league start game, get offered jobs by teams not in the bottom division of their nation. What's the point?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Currently managing in Scottish League 2, 2020-2021 season, previous finishes 6th and 4th. Half star reputation, no silverware.

Just saw my name mentioned as a possible candidate for the vacant England job.

Seems about right.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm still playing FM 18. In most of my saves, I find that Man U is winning the title at least half the time. I tried to nerf some of the Man U players a little to avoid title wins, but it hasn't helped. The only way is to do major nerfs on a few players, which I don't want to quite go there because then it's unrealistic, just in a different way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What ruined me a save was when the board wanted Europa League, I won the Carabao Cup (so I was qualified) and then they sack me a month later for being 11th having played 4 matches less then the 7th placed team. It was 6-8 point difference. I probably should have reported it in the bugs, but whatever.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, robot_skeleton said:

What ruined me a save was when the board wanted Europa League, I won the Carabao Cup (so I was qualified) and then they sack me a month later for being 11th having played 4 matches less then the 7th placed team. It was 6-8 point difference. I probably should have reported it in the bugs, but whatever.

To be fair, there are different expectations for different competitions. They didn't want you to get to the Europa League, they wanted you to get a Europa League spot in the league. Those are two very different things. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, KlaaZ said:

To be fair, there are different expectations for different competitions. They didn't want you to get to the Europa League, they wanted you to get a Europa League spot in the league. Those are two very different things. 

I know that. My point was about having played less matches then the other teams, yet they thought it was a good idea to terminate the contract in April when I still played 4 matches less than the 7th placed team with 6-8 points between us. And to be frank at Southampton after 3 years one would expect a little bit more patience after having delivered 3 finals and two 7th places in a row and a cup - I was also standing in the Europa League still so we had a chance there as we also made it into the finals last year. I just felt it was unrealistic in the sense that if you want your manager out why not wait until the end of season when you let your manager catch up to everyone in terms of matches played.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fiorentina is absolutely dominating in Italy with a really average squad. The funny thing is that i've been the only team able to take them down.

Captura de pantalla 2019-06-11 a las 19.10.53.png

Captura de pantalla 2019-06-11 a las 19.10.44.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 09/06/2019 at 01:42, Per Annum said:

Sunday League start as Dulwich Hamlet. Promoted to League one by playoffs. National League only proper trophy, all others playoffs.

Take job at Leeds, sacked within months for arguing with board. Take job at Sheff Wed, sacked within months for arguing with board. Take job at Villa, promoted to EPL. Offered Real Madrid job.

That sounds so much unrealistic. What was your reputation when offered Real Madrid job?

My experience was totally different but I played only 1 save, and that will be the only one. I spent 10 years building the reputation, and I was applying to other job constantly but never managed to go to higher reputation club until my own reputation reached similar levels.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎07‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 14:27, yolixeya said:

That was my point. Kind of... Human managers disrupt the "game reality" more than AI managers. If you would leave Lyon to AI manager and simulate game, they would not be so good. Game is made for us and our own enjoyment so it have to be easy enough.

I agree, CL group stage is not challenging, especially after a few seasons.

 

Which is also part of the Problem. Four Seasons in with Lyon, and just looking at those results, this relies on game flaws (AI Managers and defending). Once SI deliberately or by accident (will happen as long as they try to make their ME more like Football) fix this, suddenly the Player may experience a more realistic season Progression. Say, forwards not actually hitting the net for a couple Matches. Dropping Points. Generally far tighter Matches that could go either way.  A bad season or two, as during any one Season with tighter Matches, luck Plays more of a part. And then that is perceived as a "broken game", as the prior experience was this different and Nothing like Football at all.

Not my problem naturally, but more on SI's end. :D 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Muddled around Vanarama North and South for 6-8 seasons being sacked 3 times.  Promoted to Vanarama National then took a job at League 2 Northampton and fluked a promotion via the play-offs.  Had a safe season in League 1 then got offered the Italy job!!  I have no links to Italy whatsoever nor have I got a high playing status... I turned it down by the way.

Edited by ExeChris

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guardiola becoming Porto's manager in 2021 was weird.

Ivory Coast in World Cup final in 2022.

PSG winning CL twice in a row.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...