Goalkeeper training

Why can I train a goalkeeper to take corners, freekicks, penalties and improve his technique, yet I can't train his positioning ,handling, etc. i.e. the useful stuff?

There's not even any attributes to improve for the things I can concentrate on....

The goalkeeper training needs a serious overhaul. 

@Bothan SpyI've referred you to the Tactics and Training section before and specifically this thread - https://community.sigames.com/topic/448638-fm19-training-a-brief-guide/ - where all of this has already been discussed and you're welcome to weigh in if you want to.

Regarding goalkeepers, that was also discussed in that same thread and here's an SI response -

"This is something we're reviewing for the future. However, it is not necessarily an "individual" thing like an additional focus, as you say yourself it is done in small groups, i.e. Unit sessions. It's also worth noting that during these GK sessions the outfield players do also work on their outfield roles, they simply are not the focus of the session."

You've had almost the exact post reviewed by SI in the suggestions section - 

I'm not sure what you want to achieve with this thread? It seems like a rant about things that have been discussed before. If there's something new, please tell us and we can help or answer.

10 hours ago, Bothan Spy said:

Why can I train a goalkeeper to take corners, freekicks, penalties and improve his technique, yet I can't train his positioning ,handling, etc. i.e. the useful stuff?

There's not even any attributes to improve for the things I can concentrate on....

The goalkeeper training needs a serious overhaul. 

Those attributes are trained as part of the overall Goalkeeper or Sweeper Keeper role training, rather than an individual focus on them.

As you are mentioning these things, what specific issues have you seen with your goalkeepers not developing properly?  Can you provide examples (before and after screenshots perhaps) which show a lack of development with certain attributes?

If you can demonstrate exactly where problems may lie by providing specific examples, it will help SI with their review to see where improvements may be made.

Archived