Help: I failed in 20+ Job Interview *Invitations*

Maybe you can help me with some insight. I'm successfully coaching a small club in a lower league in England (Macclesfield). I'm being bombarded with invitations for job interviews from other clubs in UK and Europe, but I'm failing in all of them - over 20 clubs have interviewed me thus far!

My reputation is nearly 2.5 stars, my club is 2 star regional, and these bunch of clubs are 2 or 2.5 star national or regional reputation. Of course, I'm picking the obvious answers, and have even tried with a few ruder answers and/or requests, but I predominantly give very correct/polite answers...

How can I change this situation and get a job offer?

Thanks in advance.

It will depend on the answers you give and the compensation cost of getting you. That will also be weighed up against the other candidates. You're giving what you call obvious answers, but what are these obvious answers? 

You also won't have much of a reputation outside of England, so that will affect the interviews from other countries, imo.

Sometimes the compensation to release you from the current club may be one of the main obstacles for regional/barely national reputation clubs in foreign countries. It may seem small but if they were small clubs the money could well be spent on another striker or defender instead of taking a punt on a "foreign" manager in lower league. Giving you an interview, in the game sense, costs close to nothing so the clubs would see you as a potential candidate. Getting the media work for you is also a good way as to demonstrate you *are* really leaving your current club and move aboard.

And also what has been said above.

I wouldn't go for any rude answers. You should be optimistic, promise to meet their goals, add a philosophy the chairman is in favour of, don't make any additional requests... all those things could help you increase your chances.

My adaptability is 15, which should enable me to move across countries (I started my save in India, am now in England)

My salary is low (6.500 pounds/month) and am at the very end of my contract, so cancellation fees would be very small.

Yes, my answers are all optimistic and positive. (But given nothing worked, I also tried arrogant answers, also to no avail).

:ackter:

3 hours ago, a.panda said:

Getting the media work for you is also a good way as to demonstrate you *are* really leaving your current club and move aboard.

This is interesting. I'm realizing that media exposure may play a role here. I've been trying to attend more press interviews and be friendlier to journalists too. Can you please elaborate a bit more? TIA.

I think the point here is that its INVITATION, not application for the job. This should mean the club inviting the managing would have an idea of the remaining contract  value so could work out the likely compensation amount. Would need to ask SI to confirm this

In terms of questions and answers it should be straight forward for human manager to take a save before answering questions/making demands. You could experiment with answers say at first to determine if there is an issue by playing safe making no demands etc. As mentioned you may be expecting to much for the the clubs board who may then decide they cant afford your wages, cant supply the eage budget or player budget etc

After 30+ interviews, I was offered the head coach position at Cincinnati at the MLS.  My job interview answers were no different than usual. The fact that I largely exceeded my current club's expectations at the end of the season may have helped. But I decided to stay (for the time being...) and declined Cincinnati's offer.

• 1 month later...

Archived