Season 2 Brexit

I am playing as a championship team. Brexit has been confirmed. I'm about to start season 2. I've just signed 2 players on loan, but 1 requires a work permit, though at the time i didn't see any notification that he would fail a work permit. But i don't understand why 1 does and 1 doesn't require a work permit. is it randomly picked?

Mayarol (22) on loan from Real Madrid. Spanish. No caps. I'm paying zero wage contribution. NO PERMIT REQUIRED

Garcia (22) on loan from Man City. Spanish. No caps. I'm paying £8,250 wage contribution. REQUIRES A PERMIT.

Can someone explain how one requires and one doesn't ??

Go into the competition rules and see what it says about work permits. If you don't quite understand it post a picture of the work permit rules and somebody will no doubt explain.

1 hour ago, SpikeHughes said:

Was wondering if anyone knows how Brexit effects Scotland if it does at all as I’m currently there? I’m at the end of my first season and nothing has come up yet just wondering if anyone knew anything? 

It would affect Scotland in exactly the same way as it affects England.  Whatever that affect may be.

For what it's worth, when it happened in my second season with Middlesbrough, I just got a message saying that Brexit had happened and there was no change to the existing work permit rules and EU nationals etc, although I understand there can be more than one outcome possible for Brexit.

It was a news item and could easily have been missed if I wasn't paying attention.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a similar problem.

Brexit has hit and it's taken a bit of time for me to fully understand the rules.

So I took an Italian player on loan from Leicester and now that he's here it states that he needs a Work Permit so can't play.  But the WP icon when I hover over it states "WORK PERMIT EXPIRED.  You are now able to apply for a new work permit".

But I can't figure out how to do this?  Anyone know how you can apply for a work permit for a player who is on load at your club? 

On 06/06/2019 at 10:51, kevhamster said:

It would affect Scotland in exactly the same way as it affects England.  Whatever that affect may be.

For what it's worth, when it happened in my second season with Middlesbrough, I just got a message saying that Brexit had happened and there was no change to the existing work permit rules and EU nationals etc, although I understand there can be more than one outcome possible for Brexit.

It was a news item and could easily have been missed if I wasn't paying attention.

I’ve managed Celtic in the last game and I wasn’t affected by brexit, maybe it was just a bug or maybe there is a chance scotland had been able to randomly acquire independence 

On ‎06‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 09:36, SpikeHughes said:

Was wondering if anyone knows how Brexit effects Scotland if it does at all as I’m currently there? I’m at the end of my first season and nothing has come up yet just wondering if anyone knew anything? 

In my save I got a first team squad limit of 25 introduced, 17 are allowed to be foreign. Work Permits remain the same other than a minimum wage requirement which is 8 grand for first team players and 3 grand for reserves or something. Hasn't changed my game much as I mostly use Scottish players anyway.

Archived