Sports Interactive Community

The new FM19 update (19.3.5) has been released and now my game is not working. The game was working fine until the new update.... It won't download the update nor will the game open. I am using macbook which is up to date. 

Screenshot 2019-06-03 at 16.02.59.png

Posted (edited)

I've tried changing the region and it wouldn't work. I've also tried verifying the game, however, that doesn't seem to work literally waited 30mins and it hasn't done anything. So strange was working fine yesterday just until the new update :( 

Screenshot 2019-06-03 at 18.55.41.png

Edited by gregdfc

Would suggest restarting your machine and if that doesn't help, reinstall the game. All save game files etc will be left untouched during the uninstallation process. 

Thanks. 

2 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

Would suggest restarting your machine and if that doesn't help, reinstall the game. All save game files etc will be left untouched during the uninstallation process. 

Thanks. 

Just to make sure, my save games and editor files will be okay? 

12 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

Thanks. 

I've uninstalled the game and now it won't even install the game now! ..... All because of this new update today :mad:

Are you running any type of VPN per chance? How many different servers have you tried? 

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

Are you running any type of VPN per chance? How many different servers have you tried? 

No VPN's. Was working fine yesterday, never had any problems until today. I've tried many different locations; UK Manchester was my default. UK London tired, New York tired, Norway tired. Singapore tried. Nothing works was fine until the update that got released today. 

Screenshot 2019-06-03 at 19.41.53.png

Edited by gregdfc

Open the folder where Steam is installed, which is usually C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam by default

Delete everything except Steam.exe and SteamApps folder, (the latter is EXTREMELY important not to remove as these are your already installed steam games).

Start Steam.exe and it will download all files you require. 

18 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

Open the folder where Steam is installed, which is usually C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam by default

Delete everything except Steam.exe and SteamApps folder, (the latter is EXTREMELY important not to remove as these are your already installed steam games).

Start Steam.exe and it will download all files you require. 

I'm on Macbook will this matter? 

Same issue here with no solution. Have tried the different troubleshoot techniques with no luck.

13 minutes ago, Skalidis said:

Same issue here with no solution. Have tried the different troubleshoot techniques with no luck.

Are you using Mac OS or Windows? Have you tired reinstalling the game?

@Neil Brock @Jimmy Wong

Hi guys,

I just wanted to jump in here because I still play and run a 6 man network game which We have played for the last 2 years.

I am still experiencing the lag on FM18, whilst my FM19 is now fine. (since updating my mac)

Are you going to be fixing FM18 for those who still play? I would be so gutted if we cant continue our save because of the lag.

Regards,

Dan

37 minutes ago, Jimmy Wong said:

Are you using Mac OS or Windows? Have you tired reinstalling the game?

MAC OS. I reinstalled and now it just says it is queuing.

3 minutes ago, Skalidis said:

MAC OS. I reinstalled and now it just says it is queuing.

IMG_20190604_141337.jpg

It looks like it is something to do with Steam server. We will investigate this and will let you know once we are able to. 

For now I would suggest you to quit other programmes to make sure the internet connection is as fast as possible.

1 hour ago, Jimmy Wong said:

It looks like it is something to do with Steam server. We will investigate this and will let you know once we are able to. 

For now I would suggest you to quit other programmes to make sure the internet connection is as fast as possible.

No issue with internet connection. Have tried reinstalling, rebooting etc. This is really frustrating now.

Looking at your screenshot, you have previous Football Manager titles in your Steam library, as a test can you try installing let say FM18, and see if this is widespread on your system, please? 

9 minutes ago, Jimmy Wong said:

Looking at your screenshot, you have previous Football Manager titles in your Steam library, as a test can you try installing let say FM18, and see if this is widespread on your system, please? 

same thing occurs unfortunately.

8 minutes ago, Skalidis said:

same thing occurs unfortunately./

This keeps popping up and I restart Steam every time but it comes up again. Presumably they are connected?

IMG_20190604_161206.jpg

It looks like there is an issue the same message keep popping up provided you have clicked on the restart button. I would suggest you to do the following in this order:

1. Clear Download Cache

Clearing the Steam download cache will cause the Steam client to flush locally cached configuration data and acquire it from the Steam servers again.

Navigate to your Steam -> Settings -> Downloads -> Clear Download Cache

2. Repair Library Folder

The Steam library folder contains all of your installed games on disk. These folders need to be writable by all users in order to update properly. Sometimes these user permissions break and need to be refreshed.

Navigate to your Steam -> Settings -> Downloads -> Steam Library Folders -> Right click on folder -> Repair Folder

3. Reinstall Steam

The Steam installer can be downloaded here: (http://store.steampowered.com/about/) and reinstalled to the same location where it is already installed.

This may fix potential issues with Steam client and service files. Installing into same location will preserve all installed games.

WARNING! Uninstalling Steam will delete all game content. I would suggest you make a copy of all save games and move it to a separate location (i.e.desktop) before uninstalling Steam

No luck. Even after reinstalling Steam. Has this been a common problem with this update? Has never happened to me before.

Any update on your side? Steam gave the most generic answer you could ever imagine. This is insane. I don't need this update, everything was fine 2 days ago.

Any resolution to this? I cannot update my MacOS - does this mean I will no longer have access to FM?

14 minutes ago, Jimmy Wong said:

What do you mean by not being able to update your MacOS? Are you on the latest Mac OS Mojave version 10.14.5? To update to the latest version please see: https://www.apple.com/uk/macos/how-to-upgrade/

My iMac won't allow me to update to Mojave (perhaps because I purchased this computer in 2013). I am on High Sierra but that's the latest OS I can use.

Surely it can't be the case that because I do not have the latest OS I cannot load up fm?

IMG_20190605_102902.jpg

Perhaps it was slightly earlier than 2013 but my point remains. All other functions work highly efficiently.

We have had no Steam related issue that we known of since the update 19.3.5. Looking back at your earlier posts, does the "manifest unavailable" description warning appears every time you try to install Football Manager 2019?

Can you try resetting your network connection and also try changing Steam Local region, please?

Manifest unavailable appears every time yes. I've already tried changing steam region but will reset the network and see if it makes any difference. 

Didn't work but this time the error message is slightly different, it says: An error occurred while updating Football Manager 2019 (connection time out)

3 minutes ago, Skalidis said:

Didn't work but this time the error message is slightly different, it says: An error occurred while updating Football Manager 2019 (connection time out)

Just tried again and it is back to the old manifest unavailable error message.

Is there anyway to reverse the update as there were no issues before? I've seen on the Steam support page that others are having a similar problem. It had to be triggered by this update therefore is there a way to revert?

We are still investigating at the moment.

As you have the same issue with FM18, it looks like it is related to Steam rather then the latest update 19.3.5. To double check if this is a Steam issue can I ask you to download and install other games which aren't related to Sports Interactive, I would suggest you to try a download a demo game if you don't have any other games in your library.

Thanks.

Are you still having the Steam self updater message popping up? If so can you follow the steps from this link below to uninstal and resintall. 

You do NOT need to delete the steamapps folder (meaning you don't have to re-download all your games). You do need to delete the other contents of ~/Library/Application Support/Steam though.

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=3329-WUJN-5636

Once you have done this, please let us know if you can download FM19 or not. Thanks.

Posted (edited)

is there a librarys folder on mac? It doesn't give me that option under "Go"

IMG_20190605_121955.jpg

Edited by Skalidis

Literally wiped everything related to Steam off the computer, reinstalled and same issue.

Have you tried downloading other game and did it downloaded okay or not?

We are asking for more information from Valves at the moment. We will update you when we have more info.  

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Jimmy Wong said:

Have you tried downloading other game and did it downloaded okay or not?

I can't download any game. Same message: manifest unavailable.

Edited by Skalidis

Thank you for your feedback. In the meantime, the only other option to try is to go through every single Steam download region to test if one will work.

We will let you know once Valves get back to us.

Thank you.