Sports Interactive Community
Vilmar

What do you do in the post season?

Wondering what some of you are doing in the regular post season (still have to play the EL/CL final)?

I do the following but perhaps I could be done differently.

• Review contracts to expire in 1-2 years. Re-sign. Those going to be sold, place those on the transfer list after the final game of the season. 
  • Scout and sign youngsters I was unable during intakes. 
  • Set 2 friendly matches in the time between the last league match and EL/CL final
  • Default training schedule for all 3 teams filled in

Usually I'm pulling double-duty as a NT manager, so there's often some tournament coming up and the club team gets less attention.

Which is a shame because I then forget to search and scout for players being released in June and to set the table for an often needed summer clearout.

6 hours ago, Vilmar said:
  • Set 2 friendly matches in the time between the last league match and EL/CL final

Interesting, never thought of this before. What benefits does this have?

Keeping match sharpness up. My first season I didn't do anything and by the time I had my Europa League final sharpness was at at or below 90% for some. 

i look back at history and see every little thing my team has accomplished during the season it means everything to me 

Posted (edited)

I don't control friendlies once my team and tactics are settled, so 90% of the off season is hunting for and flogging players and sorting contract.

16 hours ago, Bothan Spy said:

Flog everyone over 24 yrs old for a profit and replace them with younger models.

Also a bit of this, maybe not that cut and dry, but I've no issue selling established players and replacing them with younger ones.

Edited by Robioto

Scouting, searching for new players.

Scouting

and scouting.

And after that buying excessive amount of players, which I will not play, who will disrupt my team harmony. After that thinking about why I did that. And doing it again next year.

If I'm in a CL final, I'll arrange a friendly for the week before (if I'm not playing the FA Cup final) just to keep our eye in. If my season is over when the last league game is has been played, I don't do much really. Any new players coming in would have usually had their transfers finalised earlier in the season, I don't often go for tactical overhauls, and I won't start arranging friendlies until pre-season starts. So it's mainly an exercise in bashing the continue button and seeing if/hoping some interesting things come up in my inbox.

Normally scout and try to get more "reserve" players to replace the ones i sold/going to sell renew some contracts, key players and regular first teamers get a new contract if i promised a contract or 2 years left other than that is just looking at the inbox for wonderkids/bargains

Have aggressive altercations with the Board and players I hate, while applying for jobs overseas... :Bowen:

At the end of the year I will usually spend my remaining TFR budget on youth. By end of May  I will know my u18 squad and which positions need filling, so youngsters are brought in to fill.

My close season is generally a recruiting exercise. Sorting through my shortlisted players and making sure reports are up to date (last month of the season) and working out who my main and secondary targets are going to be. This entails sorting through the u23s and returning loanees to see who gets promoted to first team squad then working out which players to buy.

A few trial players brought in, although usually slim pickings from this source.

Squad building as the most exciting part of the game

Setting up 2 players for every position for 1st squad and try to create U20 teams consist of 11 players (play for U23 and U18) with same formation. And having 2 more younger players as backup for 1st team in (1 def, 1 mid)

So basically having 22+11+2 = 35 players squad (clean and ready to start new season)

I enjoy the wheeling and dealing side of it, so will take a photo of my wage budget and finances on my phone at the end of the season, try and do some negotiating/selling/buying and try to get a stronger team on less money.