Known issues and solutions - FAQ

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey guys ive sent an email 2 sigames and uniloc about a week ago and i hav not had a reply yet so im wonderin if u could help me. I was playin fm last week and everythin was fine until 1 day i started 2 get the messge 'SI Activator not working' i read a number of forums and tried stuff like the fixv8 (i think) but none of them seemed 2 work. I then uninstalled the game and when i was re installin it i put in the activation key and it wont allow it 2 work. It keeps comin up with unable 2 connect 2 internet when im connected.

Thanks in advance :)

Hello there, looking for deactivation help. I had it installed on my laptop but unfortunately my hard disk has just failed, i cannot even access any of the data or get it ghosted onto another drive to allow me to continue on the same install of windows. Therefore i cannot unistall Football Manager and deactivate it that way. Is there any other way of releasing this activation

Thanks

Hello there, looking for deactivation help. I had it installed on my laptop but unfortunately my hard disk has just failed, i cannot even access any of the data or get it ghosted onto another drive to allow me to continue on the same install of windows. Therefore i cannot unistall Football Manager and deactivate it that way. Is there any other way of releasing this activation

Thanks

Deactivation URL should solve your problem :thup:

Tried it again and it said "success please start the game"

Tried to start the game and the same soft anchor message came up "The application failed to connect to the internet"

But i'm clearly on the internet as i'm writing this message!!!

A bit of a strange problem,:confused:

I can run FM2009 perfectly fine (so far!) but when I close it the graphics on my PC become less detailed and text that is visible is becoming more unreadable.

I updated my graphics drivers last week and I am running Vista, Intel Core 2, 2GB RAM, and an Nvidia GeForce 7500 LE.

Hey guys ive sent an email 2 sigames and uniloc about a week ago and i hav not had a reply yet so im wonderin if u could help me. I was playin fm last week and everythin was fine until 1 day i started 2 get the messge 'SI Activator not working' i read a number of forums and tried stuff like the fixv8 (i think) but none of them seemed 2 work. I then uninstalled the game and when i was re installin it i put in the activation key and it wont allow it 2 work. It keeps comin up with unable 2 connect 2 internet when im connected.

Thanks in advance :)

Try this:

You receive the ‘Error: Application was unable to connect to the internet. Please check your connection.

Fix:

1) Open IE and go to: https://fm2009.sa01.softanchorinsight.com

2) Here if you are using IE7 it will prompt you – “There is a problem with this website’s security certificate.”

3) Next, Click – “Continue to this website (not recommended)”. However – this is okay, it is safe.

4) Look up top at your IE address bar – you will see “Certificate Error”. Click this box, then click “View Certificates”.

5) Press, “Install Certificate…”

6) Select the “Place all certificates in the following store”.

7) Press “Browse”

8) Select “Trusted Root Certificate Authorities”. Not this will install the Go Daddy (a reputable) certificate into your trusted root certificate authorities if it is not there.

9) Press OK

10) Press Next

11) Press Finish

Close IE, then Reopen it and to go to https://fm2009.sa01.softanchorinsight.com. Note: on this visit, you will be allowed without trouble.

From here –

1) Reopen your FM2009 game

2) Enter your key into the Activation Dialog

3) Select the “Online” activation

4) Press Next

You game should activate immediately.

If you are install the certificate incorrectly, the error message will still be visible – for more help on installing correctly, please visit:

http://www.thebitguru.com/articles/13-Importing%2520a%2520Trusted%2520Root%2520Certifica tion%2520Authority%2520in%2520Windows%2520Vista/188-Installing%2520the%2520Certificate

Please note: You will require your system clock to be set correctly, failure to do so will cause an error with HTTPS. Please therefore ensure your system time and date are set correctly.

Hope it works. :)

guys help is needed... i've looked all over this site (all day)and various others and tried all the suggestions even deleting my sav games & skins but im getting a different xml error!

iv'e had no problems prior, installed fine, graphics, updates, everything working well but i installed a transfer update started a new game (milan) on sunday, clicked on the fm exe shortcut and it starts loading (flashing in the bottom right hand corner) then it shuts to windows i get this error msg...

XML parsing error!

not well -formed (invalid token) at line 5 of config.xml

<"true"/>

<!- -cache the xml files in this folder - ->

<booklean id = "cache" value= "true"/>

</record>

I click ok and the black loading page comes back but the whole screen just flickers and i cant click on anything, in the end i have to to a hard shutdown!

Any ideas?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I played the game alot and it worked grand,then one day when i was setting up my team etc and i clicked go to game, when the setting up game thing comes on screen it just freezes,happens every time i try to play a game

Any help?Thanks in advance

Brian

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I played the game alot and it worked grand,then one day when i was setting up my team etc and i clicked go to game, when the setting up game thing comes on screen it just freezes,happens every time i try to play a game

Any help?Thanks in advance

Brian

Have you installed patch 9.2.0 & tried playing in windowed mode?

Help! I've just lost my save game to an error message and wondered if anyone could let me know of any way to save my save game! It's not the end of the world as I save in a different save file every season but the problem was I just had my best ever season with Neath from the Welsh League which involved getting all the way into the UEFA Cup Group Stages, having never even won a game in Europe over the previous 6 seasons. Managed to win the league 5 times, finish 3rd once, turn professional and get a youth academy up and running and alot of the clubs developement happened in that season leaving me to fear I may not be able to repeat it!!

Help! I've just lost my save game to an error message and wondered if anyone could let me know of any way to save my save game! It's not the end of the world as I save in a different save file every season but the problem was I just had my best ever season with Neath from the Welsh League which involved getting all the way into the UEFA Cup Group Stages, having never even won a game in Europe over the previous 6 seasons. Managed to win the league 5 times, finish 3rd once, turn professional and get a youth academy up and running and alot of the clubs developement happened in that season leaving me to fear I may not be able to repeat it!!

Does it not let you load the save when you try? If not, & you don't have a backup of that save, you'll just have to give up on in.

Next time you might want to use the incremental autosave option in preferences :thup:

Relating to the error -I can't play the game due to an XML parsing error

I can open the game up but when i come to submiting my team for a match it comes up

I have opened the properties on my shortcut and it reads something different to

"C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\fm.exe"

it reads "C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\football manager 2009\fm.exe"

and then on this when i type in --reset_preferences it comes up that its not valid and i need to make sure the path and file name are correct

HELP PLEASE

MANY THANKS

Relating to the error -I can't play the game due to an XML parsing error

I can open the game up but when i come to submiting my team for a match it comes up

I have opened the properties on my shortcut and it reads something different to

"C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\fm.exe"

it reads "C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\football manager 2009\fm.exe"

and then on this when i type in --reset_preferences it comes up that its not valid and i need to make sure the path and file name are correct

HELP PLEASE

MANY THANKS

You might have not put a space between the target & the reset preferences bit. Try copying & pasting this in:

"C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\fm.exe" --reset_preferences

Tell me how you get on with that :thup:

i bought this game the day it came out and ive not been able to play it once. my problem is its so so so so slow its unreal. any ideas ? if ui have to update stuff ect can i get links because im no good with computers. thanks in advance lads

Have you installed patch 9.2.0? Are you using Steam?

cheers mate typed that in and it accepted it

btw what does this reset pref do?

ty

Puts any user-defined settings back to default (I think in practice it deletes cache regarding the settings, but I could be wrong) - it's not a good idea to leave the line in there so once you've fixed it revert the link back to normal :thup:

im not useing steam and yes m8 ive installed the new patch, whats weird is that if i close the game well not close it but minimize it it seems to load normal but when i open it its a blanck screen but if i move the mouse about the screen starts to appear. if it just loaded as fast with the game maximized i wouldnt have a problem lol ? i seriously need help this is a nightmare man lol

im not useing steam and yes m8 ive installed the new patch, whats weird is that if i close the game well not close it but minimize it it seems to load normal but when i open it its a blanck screen but if i move the mouse about the screen starts to appear. if it just loaded as fast with the game maximized i wouldnt have a problem lol ? i seriously need help this is a nightmare man lol

Tried selecting windowed mode in display preferences?

i tried it m8 ut the windowed mode was grewd out so i couldnt click it but then abit i read says change my screen resolution but if i make it any smaller than it is my computer just goes mad and its totally messed up everythings big and to the left with half the screen missing helppp :( :( (N)

Try this:

1. Right click on the FM09 icon on your desktop & select 'properties'.
  2. In the target field, add "-windowed -small_screen" at the end of the target, with a space between the target & "-windowed -small_screen" & obviously no quotation marks.
  3. Click ok.
  4. Double-click the Football Manager 2009 shortcut on your desktop & it should open up in a window.

Try this:

1. Right click on the FM09 icon on your desktop & select 'properties'.
  2. In the target field, add "-windowed -small_screen" at the end of the target, with a space between the target & "-windowed -small_screen" & obviously no quotation marks.
  3. Click ok.
  4. Double-click the Football Manager 2009 shortcut on your desktop & it should open up in a window.

TRIED THAT IT DID OPEN IN WINDOWED MODE BUT THE SCREEN WAS BLANK THEN IT SAID FM HAS ENCOUNTERED A PROBLEM AND NEED TO CLOSE (n)

rite people forget windowed mode thats no happnin. my game works its just slow i heard my drivers ect are old but i dont have a clue were to update them or anything so can some 1 help me with that ?

when i click continue it seems to crash but when i minimize my game then open it again its a blank black screen and then if u mopve the mouse about the screen starts 2 re appear then it appears to have loaded :S please help iv never gt through 2 days in this game and i got it the day it came out :|

Anyone know how to fix this one

not well-formed (invalid token) at line 1of profile0.xml

Other XML Errors

First of all you need to turn on hidden files and folders. Go to My Computer and at the top select 'Tools' the 'Folder Options'. The go to the 'View' tab and select 'Show hidden files and folders'

Delete the following folder:

XP: C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\settings

Vista: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\settings

This may solve some issues regarding the XML Errors

Hi

Looking for some help. It appears that a couple of other people on here have had the same error as me.

I have a 3Ghz Pentium 4 running XP the latest XP Service Pack.

GeForce 512MB 7300GT Graphics Card

2GB RAM

I have udpated the .net framework as advised.

I have the latest version of Direct X.

However upon clicking the link to start FM09 I get an error message;

fm.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

This is the data including within the report

AppName: fm.exe AppVer: 9.1.0.26064 ModName: fm.exe

ModVer: 9.1.0.26064 Offset: 00f163e3

Can anyone shed some light on this for me. I bought the game Thursday night yet still havent managed to get the game started!!

Adam

Archived