Known issues and solutions - FAQ

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This doesnt belong here but i didnt want to start a new thread and im sure someone can answer my question here.

What year does the game go up to? I've seen people on around year 2030, i myself havent been past 2018 and im just wondering is there ever a point where you cant go any further?

Hello. I've been playing online with some friends, we are now on august 29, 2010 but we decided to stop playing because of the crashes. My crash dump directory if full of reports :S

We play the argentinian premier and secondary leagues (not moving the tv games). Its really weird that the game usually crashes when we are playing for the first time in that day the premier league matches, i think it has never crashed when the secondary league or cups matches are been played. After we get a crash dump i restart the game and we play for 3 or 4 hours with no crashes. Next day we decide to play, same thing happeneds.

Its driving us crazy. I have reinstalled the game and even tested the saved game in another computer, but it also crashed. What can we do?

Have you tried playing the game in windowed mode?

Yes, i play in windowed mode. I also know 3D engine is not a problem because yesterday the game crashed when i had already finished my match and i was checking the league table screen waiting for my friends to finish their matches

yes. Its really odd. Look, before the firts division matches starts on sundays i save the game, we start the matches, sometimes right away it crashes, sometime when we are finishing the matches, but then a open my fm again, i load that saved game, they connect again and we play crash free for some hours. I've try in my laptop so i can say is not my computer, we have played without some of my friends and it also crashed, so i dont think the problem is anyone of them. But im not sure. Can my crash reports be usefull to solve the problem?

At the top of the screen you should see links to them. You want the 9.2.0 one as that is the latest.

I downloaded and installed 9.2.0 patch for Mac but no success when clicking into play match...same window appears, setting up match. The only thing that has changed is that now it does not appear please wait...not a big improvement as you can see.

Is this something frequent in Macs? I have some other friends who run it with the same computer as me and the find no problems at all.

What could I do now?

Thanks

Still using FM 2008 btw

Get this message when i click on the icon on my desktop.

No disc inserted.

Please insert the original "Football Manager 2008 SKU01 - UK English" CD/DVD.

Please have a look at http://www.securom.com/message.asp?m=nodisc for further, more detailed information.

When I try what it tells me to do on that site, I get the message "dla" is not recognised as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

Nothing on that website helped, unfortunately. Anyone know what the problem is?

I dont think so beacause only had my computer wiped of it files few months ago or wouldnt that make a difference?

If so could i have the download links for these please?

Have a look at this thread. It should have everything you need. If you need any help just post back. :):thup:

I have no idea why you ae getting cannot find server. What web browser you using?

You can find out the directx by checking your dxdiag. Instuctions are in the link I provided above.

To find out you have the .NET Framework, check your what you have in your add/remove programs facility in the control panel.

You dont have the 3.5 .NET Framework so try downloading that. Also make sure you try as many things as possible in that thread I linked and also in this one. I am sorry I cannot help more but I am just too tired. I don't know about where you are but it is 3am here so I need sleep. I will probably have a look sometime tomorrow to see how you got on. :thup:

can any1 help???ive never had any problems playing fm09 untill friday the 13th!!!

went to load up via steam as i usually do, however i got a message saying that the si activator had stopped working...then it asked to stop the program...it then brought up the product key program...i then put my key in and the program stopped working again

ive tried :

re installing via steam and internet

tried using the shortcut and it always does the same thing

Archived