Known issues and solutions - FAQ

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I can't see how to download it on steam without paying for it first?

Hmm in that case I think the only way to get around this is to choose the Steam install option when the installation wizard is running. But seeing as you can't get that to run, you have a problem that at the moment I've no solution for, unfortunately.

You did say you managed to get the FM 09 DVD to run fine on another machine, right?

Hmm in that case I think the only way to get around this is to choose the Steam install option when the installation wizard is running. But seeing as you can't get that to run, you have a problem that at the moment I've no solution for, unfortunately.

You did say you managed to get the FM 09 DVD to run fine on another machine, right?

Yeah, only 2 days ago. Looking like i may have to buy a new one - which sounds the easier option!

Thanks for your help Bardi.

:mad: I got so sick to death of speniding about 15 hours non stop with entering all possible codes on softanchor after trying all combinations and even checking them for validity on the SI link to do so. i have uninstalled and tried to install via the internet option (uniloc?). i thought, after successful installation, i might be able to start playing the game again, having played for a good 3 weeks, prior to randomly getting the softanchor problems ( i mustve got all the problem codes possible), but when i executed the program, this came up:-

"fm.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

THE ERROR REPORT/SIGNATURE IS :

AppName: fm.exe AppVer: 9.0.0.23544 ModName: fm.exe

ModVer: 9.0.0.23544 Offset: 00f13e5d

ON TOP OF WHICH, I HAVE TRIED DOWNLOADING THE SUGGESTED PROGRAM FROM MICROSOFT, BUT THAT CONFLICTS WITH THE ONE I ALREADY HAVE (AN UPDATED VERSION).

. ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.

Have carried out full uninstall, removed certificates etc.

Re-install the game, down loaded patch 2.

Now receice HOST PROCESS RUN DLL32 ERROR.

Anybody any ideas? It would be much appreciated.

I would love to be playing the game by the weekend?

Note: did not state which weekend, but prefered year is 09.

Cheers

Will there be much chance of any reply by the weekend

I can't seem to find an answer to my question in the search so I'll try here. I created a 9.1 database and have steam that has updated to 9.2 (and also have Worldwide Soccer Manager if that makes a difference). I was having problems with the game freezing my entire computer and defragmented in steam and re-entered my activation code. Now any time I try to load the game, I get : "not well-formed (invalid token) at line 1 of database_location.xml" and the game won't run. Any ideas?

I have tried doing what other .xml problems I see in this forum. It has made it so I can't even proceed with the game once I launch it in Steam. Now I get "wsm.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

I have removed the database from the C: I'm using as well.

Help.

My apologies for not getting back to you earlier.

I've re-checked the DXDIAG information you had originally posted - may I ask if I requested/forwarded you to update your graphic drivers? If not, they're found at http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&ProductID=2301&DwnldID=16835&strOSs=44&OSFullName=Windows*%20XP%20Professional〈=eng.

Hi ive triedtoupdate my graphic drivers but at the end of the install it comes up with an error box saying ' the driver installed is not validated for this computer.Please obtain the appropriate driver from the computers manufacturers. Setup will exit'

What shoud i do now?

Thanks for your help so far!

I had error [-821] and so i downloaded the launcher.exe file and was able to open it. I then checked my product key using http://keycheck.fm2009.softanchorinsight.com/. But then when i typed the correct key into the box provided in the launcher.exe file i received an error message. It read:

'Activation failed with error: -819. Please make sure you use the correct key and try again.'

What is wrong?

After installing my game i get this message

"The installation of Football Manager 2009 is finished, but some errors occurred during the install. Please see the installation log for details"

I dont have a shortcut on my desktop,and the one in the games file on vist just takes me to my saved games folder!

I can get a game going but as soon as i take charge of my first game it crashes!

Summary

-------

Installation: Successfulwith errors.

1587 Successes

0 Warnings

1 NonFatalErrors

0 FatalErrors

And i bought the game 5 days ago from Game

please help, i get this error message when I try to loas mu save game. XML PARSING ERROR! " not well informed (invalid token) at line 1 of channel - FACEGEN_CHANNEL.xml.

Then when I clicked ok a next box comes up " not well informed (invalid token) at line 1 of channel - unit testing timings.xml. and it wont go away unless I go to Windows Task Manager and end task. please help ASAP.

My apologies for not getting back to you earlier.

I've re-checked the DXDIAG information you had originally posted - may I ask if I requested/forwarded you to update your graphic drivers? If not, they're found at http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&ProductID=2301&DwnldID=16835&strOSs=44&OSFullName=Windows*%20XP%20Professional〈=eng.

I followed the link but it was for the desktop version chipset. I think i found the one relating to the laptop version but it wasnt the same download because the computer didnt know what to open the program with so i tried to extract it using winrar to C:\drivers\system. It still didnt work. Did I download the right file?Did I extract it to the right place?

I have a problem..........After install, download from Steam then launch.The message stated "not well-formed (invalid token) at line 1 of channel-FACEGEN_CHANNEL.xml" and "not well-formed (invalid token) at line 1 of channel-unit testing timings.xml". No more game since then. Any suggestion?.

Help! My game has begun to crash again, after a while of being all right. I have looked through the forum and found the DirectxSDK suggestion. I have downloaded it but when I come to install it, I am asked the following. "Type in the location where you want to place the extracted file". I haven't got any idea what I am supposed to type in. Can someone tell me exactly what I need to type in, please? Kind regards.

I got this game in early December and have been trying to run it without success, message is:

You are receiving a [-703] error: ‘We were unable to process your unlock request. To receive a new key please visit sigames.com’

Fix: This indicates that the server is busy and has been unable to fulfill your request, please do keep trying, it will authenticate.

So how many times do I keep trying, is the server busy after approximately 200 attempts in December and a number today after returning from holidays.

Not good enough guys, please assist.

Cheers

Danie

Please post here even if you've posted in another thread and we're yet to help you.

Hiya....i am getting a constant problem that when i try to launch the game a message from steam appears saying

"THE GAME IS CURRENTLY UNAVAILABLE

PLEASE TRY AGAIN ANOTHER TIME"

I have been on the steam support website and attempted to resolve the issue but none of the advice given is working....please help?!

Thanks, Adam

Please post here even if you've posted in another thread and we're yet to help you.

I am getting the -51 error and i have tried uninstalling the game few times but doesn't recognise my keycode. WHat else can i do? Have tried the thread several times and nothing. Do i need a new code?

:mad: I got so sick to death of speniding about 15 hours non stop with entering all possible codes on softanchor after trying all combinations and even checking them for validity on the SI link to do so. i have uninstalled and tried to install via the internet option (uniloc?). i thought, after successful installation, i might be able to start playing the game again, having played for a good 3 weeks, prior to randomly getting the softanchor problems ( i mustve got all the problem codes possible), but when i executed the program, this came up:-

"fm.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

THE ERROR REPORT/SIGNATURE IS :

ON TOP OF WHICH, I HAVE TRIED DOWNLOADING THE SUGGESTED PROGRAM FROM MICROSOFT, BUT THAT CONFLICTS WITH THE ONE I ALREADY HAVE (AN UPDATED VERSION).

. ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.

Are you sure you have successfully installed the patch?

The reason I ask is because the following..

.. suggests the FM.exe you're attempting to run has not been patched (not even to 9.1.0).

You may want to try running the patch installer again, and see what it says your current version of FM 09 is.

Will there be much chance of any reply by the weekend

Hey Roy,

I've checked back your history of posts related to your problems, and noticed you've stated that you've updated your DirectX - could you please confirm that by that you meant you have downloaded its SDK as found at http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=5493F76A-6D37-478D-BA17-28B1CCA4865A&displaylang=en?

And you went on to say that the game loads okay but then it proceeds to crash - could you please clarify at exactly what moment it crashes?

I have tried doing what other .xml problems I see in this forum. It has made it so I can't even proceed with the game once I launch it in Steam. Now I get "wsm.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

I have removed the database from the C: I'm using as well.

Help.

Did this include performing http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=2167201&postcount=20? ('Football Manager 2009' should be replaced with 'Worldwide Soccer Manager 2009')

Hi ive triedtoupdate my graphic drivers but at the end of the install it comes up with an error box saying ' the driver installed is not validated for this computer.Please obtain the appropriate driver from the computers manufacturers. Setup will exit'

What shoud i do now?

Thanks for your help so far!

In that case, could you go to http://support.euro.dell.com/support/downloads/index.aspx?c=uk&l=en&s=gen and locate them yourself from there?

I had error [-821] and so i downloaded the launcher.exe file and was able to open it. I then checked my product key using http://keycheck.fm2009.softanchorinsight.com/. But then when i typed the correct key into the box provided in the launcher.exe file i received an error message. It read:

'Activation failed with error: -819. Please make sure you use the correct key and try again.'

What is wrong?

Can you please confirm that the launcher.exe you're referring to is the one located at http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=65715?

After installing my game i get this message

"The installation of Football Manager 2009 is finished, but some errors occurred during the install. Please see the installation log for details"

I dont have a shortcut on my desktop,and the one in the games file on vist just takes me to my saved games folder!

I can get a game going but as soon as i take charge of my first game it crashes!

Summary

-------

Installation: Successfulwith errors.

1587 Successes

0 Warnings

1 NonFatalErrors

0 FatalErrors

And i bought the game 5 days ago from Game

Have you downloaded the 9.2.0 patch?

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=82282

please help, i get this error message when I try to loas mu save game. XML PARSING ERROR! " not well informed (invalid token) at line 1 of channel - FACEGEN_CHANNEL.xml.

Then when I clicked ok a next box comes up " not well informed (invalid token) at line 1 of channel - unit testing timings.xml. and it wont go away unless I go to Windows Task Manager and end task. please help ASAP.

Try deleting your cache.

How to delete your Cache files

First of all you need to turn on hidden files and folders. Go to My Computer and at the top select 'Tools' the 'Folder Options'. The go to the 'View' tab and select 'Show hidden files and folders'

Windows XP:

1. Open “My Computer”

2. Navigate to : “Documents and Settings\<Username>\Application Data\

3. Go into the “Sports Interactive” Folder.

4. Delete the “Football Manager XX” Folder.

Wndows Vista:

1. Click “Start”

2. Click your username on the start Menu

3. Click on “AppData” and then “Roaming”

4. Go into the “Sports Interactive” Folder

5. Delete the “Football Manager XX” Folder.

Mac OSX

1. Open Finder.

2. Select <User>

3. Navigate to Library\Caches\Sports Interactive

4. Remove the “Football Manager XX” Folder.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=74469

I have a problem..........After install, download from Steam then launch.The message stated "not well-formed (invalid token) at line 1 of channel-FACEGEN_CHANNEL.xml" and "not well-formed (invalid token) at line 1 of channel-unit testing timings.xml". No more game since then. Any suggestion?.

Please look at my above reply as it applies to you too.

I got this game in early December and have been trying to run it without success, message is:

You are receiving a [-703] error: ‘We were unable to process your unlock request. To receive a new key please visit sigames.com’

Fix: This indicates that the server is busy and has been unable to fulfill your request, please do keep trying, it will authenticate.

So how many times do I keep trying, is the server busy after approximately 200 attempts in December and a number today after returning from holidays.

Not good enough guys, please assist.

Cheers

Danie

Please follow the instructions listed at http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=65715.

Hiya....i am getting a constant problem that when i try to launch the game a message from steam appears saying

"THE GAME IS CURRENTLY UNAVAILABLE

PLEASE TRY AGAIN ANOTHER TIME"

I have been on the steam support website and attempted to resolve the issue but none of the advice given is working....please help?!

Thanks' date=' Adam[/quote']

Could you try re-installing it via Uniloc (as opposed to Steam)?

Hey Roy,

I've checked back your history of posts related to your problems, and noticed you've stated that you've updated your DirectX - could you please confirm that by that you meant you have downloaded its SDK as found at http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=5493F76A-6D37-478D-BA17-28B1CCA4865A&displaylang=en?

And you went on to say that the game loads okay but then it proceeds to crash - could you please clarify at exactly what moment it crashes?

Hi there, yes have updated both Direct X and SDK.

Have completly unistalled game and reinstalled via uniloc and steam with no errors.

When i click the FM2009 icon, receive "Football Manager has stopped working"

and now occasionaly receive HOST PROCESS RUN DLL32 ERROR.

Have contacted both nbrocky of SI, but no replie since 13/01 and SEGA (Dwain) again no reply since 15/01.

I have HP IQ510 TouchSmart running VISTA.

Amazing though my old Dell 810D running xp plays the game, although slowly.

Any help would be much apprceiated.

Roy

Hi there, yes have updated both Direct X and SDK.

Have completly unistalled game and reinstalled via uniloc and steam with no errors.

When i click the FM2009 icon, receive "Football Manager has stopped working"

and now occasionaly receive HOST PROCESS RUN DLL32 ERROR.

Have contacted both nbrocky of SI, but no replie since 13/01 and SEGA (Dwain) again no reply since 15/01.

I have HP IQ510 TouchSmart running VISTA.

Amazing though my old Dell 810D running xp plays the game, although slowly.

Any help would be much apprceiated.

Roy

1) Please update your .NET framework via http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=0856EACB-4362-4B0D-8EDD-AAB15C5E04F5&displaylang=en.

2) Can you let me know what your graphics card is?

Dear All,

I keep on receiving this message (invalid code) when finalising the instasllation. I tried all the procedures you suggested: both the fixv 3 and the keycheck page lead me to the same message: invalid code. Is there anything I could try before bringing the game back to the store I bought it at? I have a PC running Windows XP

Thanks, Christian

Archived