Known issues and solutions - FAQ

I've got FM 09 since a few days. The first few days it worked perfect but I wanted to play FM yesterday so I started the game but it didn't work.

The messages that appear are allways the same.

not well-informed (invalid token) at line 1 of_saved_game.xml

and this one.

Could not use database location '/c:/program files/steam/steamapps/common/football manager 2009/data/updates/update-910/db/910' - reverting to the default location.

and finaly this one.

not well-formed (invalid token) at line 1 of Profile0.xml

I hope someone can help me

I just dont get it, could somebody help me.

The game doesn't work offline or online

It doesn't work with Steam or with that other program.

I allways get the same messages and my english isn't that good, because i'm from Holland.

I have the same problem (and Im from Sweden but I hope someone can understand my bad english :D)

I bought this game in november and until last week I didnt had any problems at all. When I tried to load a game, the message " not well-formed (invalid token) at line 1 of Profile0.xml" appeared. So I tried to load an another game and it was okey. But the day after, game nr 2 was invalid as well.

Then I uninstalled the game and decided not to use Steam anymore.

So I re-installed the game but the strangest thing was that the game didnt asked for an activation code. Anyway, the installation process runs fine, but when the installation is finished I've get some strange messages again. First, I've got "could not use database location..../steamupdate910, reverting to the default location". Well, I know, because I dont use Steam anymore (and I am trying to use Uniloc instead...:cool:)

After a while, the Steam-message disappeared....BUT o new came "the installation of football manager 2009 is finished, but some errror ocurred during the install. Please see the installation log for detalis". That message also disappeared after a while, dont know why.

I went to my mums house and tried to install the game on her computer. The installation process went fine, but when I tried to run the game, it was all grey on the screen.

Then I tried to install the game on my computer again. Still no questions about activation-codes and an error came up. The game started to run by itself and I tried to load a new game. It went fine until it loaded "manager targets" then the message "not well-formed (invalid token) at line 1 of Profile0.xml" came up.

I dont even find the game in a map on my computer anymore....

This drives me crazy! What shall I do???

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've got FM 09 since a few days. The first few days it worked perfect but I wanted to play FM yesterday so I started the game but it didn't work.

The messages that appear are allways the same.

not well-informed (invalid token) at line 1 of_saved_game.xml

and this one.

Could not use database location '/c:/program files/steam/steamapps/common/football manager 2009/data/updates/update-910/db/910' - reverting to the default location.

and finaly this one.

not well-formed (invalid token) at line 1 of Profile0.xml

I hope someone can help me

I just dont get it, could somebody help me.

The game doesn't work offline or online

It doesn't work with Steam or with that other program.

I allways get the same messages and my english isn't that good, because i'm from Holland.

I'm getting the 'Could not use database location '/c:/program files/steam/steamapps/common/football manager 2009/data/updates/update-910/db/910' - reverting to the default location. error as well.'

The 'clear cache' answer doesnt work either surprisingly. Has anyone found a fix for this?

Sorry, I made a mistake:rolleyes:. It doesnt have the steam part of the message but it still is giving me the message:

'/C/Program Files/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2009/2009/updates/update-910/db/910' - reverting to the default location.

Is there any way to fix this?

this is bollox every year is the same,why cant you just stick the game in a play with out signing up puting key codes in, my game wont even ****ing work ive done the code the game just wont start face it EVERY year you release football manager with **** loads of problems,what happens to people who have no internet? ****ING joke

Hi

I have the same problem as many other, that i cant activate online. When using the "activator tool" downloaded in here, it gives me an "error -1" "Please make sure to use thecorrect key and try again."

Now i have tried about 100 times. I have no letters / numbers who can look like each other and have tried both the sites, where i can look up the right code, and they give me the same code which i have used all times trying to activate. Everytime i get the same error -1.

Have looked through the tread here, but cant find any help.

Anybody know what to do to error -1??

I'm sorry to immediately ask my question but reading through 41 pages of technical problems takes too much time at this moment.

First of all: I'm on a MacBook (bought at the end of june) 2.4 Ghz Intel core Duo

2GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM

A couple of days ago I installed the 9.2.0 patch and I must admit that I made a couple mistakes while installing it (I tried to install it in the 'documents' folder first and after a while I saw that it had to be in the 'programs' folder.) But the game was running fine except that when I wanted to make a bid on a player I couldn't click on 'yes' or 'no', in fact there weren't buttons for yes or no.

So then I uninstalled my game with the purpose of starting again with patch 9.1 and continue my game.

But now my MacBook is acting weird, when I'm installing the game he doesn't make the 'documents' folder for Football Manager, only the 'programs' folder. Then when I'm trying to start my game I get this error:

"Het programma Football Manager 2009 v 9.0.0f23552 is onverwacht gestopt."

Translated to english this is: "The program Football manager 2009 v 9.0.0f23552 stopped unexpectedly."

So now I'm in big trouble, what do I have to do? I tried again by installing the 9.2.0 patch but again the 'yes/no'-buttons are missing...

Before anyone might ask, ofcourse I'm running a legal version of the game.

Hope that someone can help me and thanks in advance.

Michiel

can someone help me!

i got fm09 in christmas gift from my parents and now it wouldnt install! after install anywhere is done, you shall pick a language to install with. when i have done that and pressed install, a message comes up. '' Installer UI mode error. Installer user interface mode not supported. unable to load and prepare the installer in GUI mode.'' please help me!

ok, i found out how to install the game. i played for 10 - 15 min and then shouted down. i couldnt see the error becouse it locked down emidetly. i tried to restart the game but nothing happend. then i tried to re-install but that wouldt work. error message -6 came up! and i couldt find the game in programfiles and no shourtcut.

what should i do!!!

hi ever since i bought the game (same week as release date), iv been having a few problems. one of them being, the program is (not responding). that appears from time to time during the time am playing the game. have tried everything, downloading this, downlaoding that, but nothing seems to work. also the latest one problem to occur was quiet recent. i had been playing the game for 3 bumnumbing hours just for a message to appear and tell me that a "serious error has occured" and it was closing the game! i mean, u could imagine my anger after that, espacially when i stupidly swtiched off the autosave. again i tried this solution, that solution but still nothing could correct it. was just wondering if anyone knows how i can prevent this from happening in the future. thanks

I'm not able to install Football Manager 2009 at all. I get the following error message when running both Autorun and Setup.exe:

"This application has unexpectedly quit. Invocation of the Java Application has caused an InvocationTargetException. This application will now exit (LAX).

Details:

java.lang.NullPointerException

at javax.swing.MultiUIDefaults.getUIError(Unknown Source)

at javax.swing.UIDefaults.getUI(Unknown Source)

at javax.swing.UIManager.getUI(Unknown Source)

at javax.swing.JPanel.updateUI(Unknown Source)

at javax.swing.JPanel.<init>(Unknown Source)

at javax.swing.JRootPane.createGlassPane(Unknown Source)

at javax.swing.JRootPane.<init>(Unknown Source)

at javax.swing.JFrame.createRootPane(Unknown Source)

at javax.swing.JFrame.frameInit(Unknown Source)

at javax.swing.JFrame.<init>(Unknown Source)

at com.zerog.ia.installer.LifeCycleManager.g(DashoA81 13)

at com.zerog.ia.installer.LifeCycleManager.h(DashoA81 13)

at com.zerog.ia.installer.LifeCycleManager.a(DashoA81 13)

at com.zerog.ia.installer.Main.main(DashoA8113)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Nativ e Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknow n Source)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Un known Source)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)

at com.zerog.lax.LAX.launch(DashoA8113)

at com.zerog.lax.LAX.main(DashoA8113) ............."

How come si havn't offered a solution to this?

I'm having the same problem. It's a disgraceful state of affairs.

I apologise to add to the list of problems, but i get the following error message when i attempt to view my squad "not well-formed (invalid token) at line 1376 of TEAM_SCREEN.xml"

Any help to solve this would be greatly appreciated, as it is driving me crackers

I've just bought it on steam, got the pop up message with my product key etc. Loaded up the game, started playing and it's not asked me to activate it or anything ? seems to be working okay but it's not going to mess up later on is it ?

I'm not able to install Football Manager 2009 at all. I get the following error message when running both Autorun and Setup.exe:

"This application has unexpectedly quit. Invocation of the Java Application has caused an InvocationTargetException. This application will now exit (LAX).

Details:

Did you update Java platform to latest ? If not, you can do that from control panel.

I selected my team ready for a match and when I click to play match I get an error message saying: 'not well-formed (invalid token) at line 1 of highlights.xml', when I click ok I get the same message but for speed.xml, I then get the messages once more each and then FM closes down, this is bugging me as I can no longer play the game, it appears to be since I installed the patch, any ideas?

I selected my team ready for a match and when I click to play match I get an error message saying: 'not well-formed (invalid token) at line 1 of highlights.xml', when I click ok I get the same message but for speed.xml, I then get the messages once more each and then FM closes down, this is bugging me as I can no longer play the game, it appears to be since I installed the patch, any ideas?

I can't play the game due to an XML parsing error

If you have a shortcut on your desktop you can do the following:

* Right-click on the FM shortcut.

* Choose "Properties" from the pop-up menu.

* In the "Target" field, add the --reset_preferences command line option after "fm.exe", so it should look like this:

"C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\fm.exe" --reset_preferences

* Press OK and then try to run the game as normal, using the shortcut.

You'll want to remove the command after you run the game, as otherwise it will continue to reset your preferences every time you launch.

From the suggestion I have had so far for the xml parsing error I have been unable to do any, cannot find where to clear the cache.

Any ideas that work?

How do SI expect people to keep forking out money on games that are full of bugs or simply don't work, sort it out lads!

I do not know just where to post this, so my apologies in advance if this is in the incorrect thread.

Ever since activating the game via steam my computer has experienced problems, particularly with speed.

Both my add-aware and the PC guard spyware are telling me that "Steam" has spyware issues.

Also, on more than one occasion when I have activated the game, I get a pop-up telling me that the game is unavailable and to "try later".

Now a friend of mine activated his via the telephone and has experienced none of these issues.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Stuart.

Problems with FM 2009

Selected rangers and it comes to the first friendly game and it crashes/freezes once i have selected my team and try to continue to the match. I have tried 4 more times and it does this every time. even after reinstalling it.

Tried playing with man city, played the first friendly match then is freezes when i try to continue. This again happens over and over.

I have the newest patch but these problems still continue. Is it the disk, shall i go swap for a new game or is this going to happen every time in which case im £30 out of pocket

Hi,

Hoping for a bit of help, i loaded FM09 yesterday, managed to locate it on my laptop and create a shortcut myself, that was problem number one. Now when I play it for a while it freezes and crashes, Im running on Windows Vista with and Inspiron 1720 Dell laptop, hope that ive given you enough info to suggest a solution, many thanks.

Gleno

Details:

Why no reply si?

I've got a product that's not fit for the purpose.

I have tried deleting the cache, reinstalling aswell but still im getting the same error: 'not well-formed (invalid token) on line 1 of highlights.xml' and also the same for speed.xml, I get these errors everytime I try to play a match and then it disappears!

SI I really hope you can sort this for me or you may have just lost another fan.

Hey,

The problem I have is that I cant load a previously saved game.

When I open Football manager 2009 everything is fine, but once I click on Load Last Game (or choose the game manually) it says

"The save game could not be loaded" and closes down FM 2009, but when I try and open it again it says "Football Manager is allready running".

Any ideas of how to help/get it fixed?

Hey,

When I open Football manager 2009 everything is fine, but once I click on Load Last Game (or choose the game manually) it says

"The save game could not be loaded" and closes down FM 2009, but when I try and open it again it says "Football Manager is allready running".

when i install through uniloc it says that it has installed but with some errors. when i look on the installation log i find this error: InstallAnywhere.WindowsGameExplorer NonfatalInstallException RegisterWithGameExplorer() failed: Failed to add game to Game Explorer

Can anybody help me to get the game working because it doesnt come up with a proper icon for FM either

Hey,

Try going to the task manager then the processes tab, find fm and end it. That should allow you to run fm but i dont know if you'll get that saved game working.

Hey,

Ok i tried to play the game n the windowed mode but in preference it was greyed out for me. Fine enough. Then i went to the game file and in the target tab i added the necessary command but even after that the windowed mode is not working for me. FM starts and its black for 5 seconds and then it says that FM has encountered an error and needs to close. I have asked this question before but noone from SI has yet replied. THis is probably the sixth time im asking and i need it desperately to get my game to run faster so please can someone help me? What do i do to get windowed mode workimg?

PS: the entering the command in the target tab method worked perfectly for me in 08 but not in 09.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

when i install through uniloc it says that it has installed but with some errors. when i look on the installation log i find this error: InstallAnywhere.WindowsGameExplorer NonfatalInstallException RegisterWithGameExplorer() failed: Failed to add game to Game Explorer

Can anybody help me to get the game working because it doesnt come up with a proper icon for FM either

Right I Had Football Manager 2009 Installed On My Previous Hard-Drive Which Then Broke Beyond Repair, So I Tried Installing On My New Hard-Drive Via Steam, I Thought Everything Had Gone Well It All Installed And Then The Updates Installed Automatically, But When I Tried To Launch The Game Nothing Happened The Option Was There I Pressed It And It Give Me The Indication That Everything Was Fine But Nothing Happened...

So Then I Tried The Other Way To Install It But It Never Told Me To Activate It, It Installed The Data Then When I Tried To Click On The Shortcut To Start The Game It Brought This Up...

FM09.jpg

Has anyone else had a problem where their mouse's pointy arrow thing which sometimes becomes a hand or a football on the game (don't know the technical term lol) keeps flashing, and if they minimize the game with the windows logo button on their keyboard, then try to re-open the game, they just get a black screen? Really bugging me. And if anyone who had a condition like epilepsy tried to play the game with the bug I've got, they'd be in some serious trouble...

Hey I wonder if anyone can help me!!

Ive had FM09 for a month i did originally install it via Steam but it made my computer and the game run so so slow!! I ended up uninstalling and re installing the game again via Uniloc.

Now it starts to load the screen goes black except for a white L and a white flashing dial in the bottom right hand corner and then thats it!!! it stops loading and i left it this arvo for 3 hrs and no change, Ive read thru majority of posts on here but nothing seems to stop this or help load it.

Im gettin really pi**ed off and as i brought it on Amazon (pre order) i cant return the game

Please can someone out there help me?!?! All i wanna do is play the game

Danny, might just have a solution mate. Did you install via uniloc? Uninstall it and reinstall via Steram. It's now working on mine after I did this, it will only let me view matches in 2D and I get the problem I described in the post above where the arrow on the screen you move about with the mouse flickers, but at least I can play the game. Let me know how you get on. :thup:

Archived