Known issues and solutions - FAQ

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey guys, here's the issue:

PC1 runs XP and has a game running with a custom database and I would like to play that game on PC2 which runs vista.

Both PCs have the same version of FM09 and patches etc.

What I did was simply copy the entire contents of the Sport Interactive folder in My Docs into my vista PC.

Trouble is, when I go to load the savegame, I get: "The database folder with which this game was created could not be found".

Am I doing this wrong? Are there other files I need to be copying? My game was installed using steam if that helps...

Cheers :)

guys :( problem, been working fine into my 4th season and suddenly my games stoped working it was one of those xml things but at the end of the xml message it said could load saved game? i was devistated i uninstalled it then reinstalled but still no luck as when i started the game up before i can get to the screen with load last game , load game ect. fm cuts out and the xml message comes up saying cant load last game :9 any advice guys?

edit. the exact message i get is

not well formed (invalid token) at line1 of last_saved_game.xml

This is geting beyond a joke now. My problem has been overlooked. I know si have alot to deal with but i have had game for a month nw and cant even play it. Im not happy to say the least and didnt keep the reciept so cnt take it back. Is someone going to sort this or do i have to take it further than the forums. You should have a whole team on here nt just one of you. and all of the downloads. I only hav internet on mobile so its hard for me to get downloads.

hello everyone!! just went through some hundreds of posts and it seems that the new FM09 is full of bugs and maybe viruses??? well my problem started suddenly last nite while playing the greek season.. the game suddenly froze during halftime and didnt respond.. i had to reset and then while trying to load the save game the "not valid token " line came up..since that time i havent been able to play the game although i uninstalled it and reinstalled it twice... But the worst came after some time, while surfing the net, i noticed unusual traffic and then a message popping up and the pc crashing right afterwards.. My pc was crashing constantly from that moment and it couldnt even load windows xp as well.. I ran the avast antivirus program while on safe mode and guess what.. FM.exe and activation.exe were infected with some win32 warezov-byg along with some system recovery files!!! I would like to say that i personally purchased the game from a computer shop here in Athens and not from the net and i havent downloaded any patch... I also checked the game disk and contains the same virus... Finally not being able to even do my work i formatted my whole drive!!! Is there anyone here who can tell me whats wrong??

Whereabouts is the patch DB saved? I opened the editor, and it hasn't read any patch, however, Steam automatically downloaded the patch to my computer, and it is available at startup.

I have run various searches through all my drives (C and D drives) to find the DB to move to the location where my other edited database patches are, but to no avail. Strangely, this happened with the 9.1.0 patch as well. I have checked program files, and my documents - the only locations where I know SI files to be. Help ?

Hi there

I am having an issue on FM 2009 with moving saved games from one of my desktops (at my place) to another (at a friend's place). In previous versions I just copy the saved game file from one computer and paste it into the relevant directory on the other computer and then run it in the game and it works fine. Even when I have made changes to the database and saved a new database it will just default to the default database and keep running the game.

In FM 2009, when I do this I get the following error and the game just shuts down:

"The database folder with which this game was created could not be found. The game is now using the default database folder."

This was the same message I used to get in prior versions of FM but the game kept running. Now it is just shutting down. Is there any known fix to the issue? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

According to my computer, the 9.2.0 patch is "not a valid win32 application". HELP!!!!!

I've had so many problems with this game, first the activation problems we all had, then I had a problem with the data editor, and THEN, I had the problem Reeed had where I couldn't load my game, I reinstalled my game thinking it may help, but now the option for a 3D match engine is greyed out and I can only watch in 2D. I know it's not a problem with my graphics system because it worked fine before I reinstalled it. Now I go to download the latest patch but can't because of this damn "win32" message.

I'm getting fed up with spending hours on end trying to make this game work. The big selling point of FM was always that it was very realistic and detailed, but also easy-to-use; not so this year. I really hope SI don't lose a lot of customers over the vast amount of problems with this game because they've produced some great games down the years but personally, if FM2010 is just as difficult to get working I won't be buying FM2011.

Right well this is getting crazy now - I attempted to start the game as administrator and now instead of getting the SoftAnchor screen saying your trial period has expired - it now just asks me to type in my key. I do this and then get the same error-819.

Its been nearly 3 weeks now and I have not seen one answer or solution to this - SI do not have an answer for me - nor do Sega - nor do Uniloc and I have contacted Play.com and said they will not refund me although I have stated its faulty goods - but said they wouldnt refund me as i have activated the game and its now over the 28 days. SO what do I do? And Im not waiting another 4 days for an answer - they make out that this is the most played game on PC format - so why on have 1 person answering all these questions??

Hi. After much hassle finally got my game working, however now when I try to load it it says:

fm.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Anyone got any idea what is up with it, bit worried, seeing as I had no problem loading it originally after I had installed the patches and the Microsoft DOT framework thingy.

Hi. After much hassle finally got my game working, however now when I try to load it it says:

fm.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Anyone got any idea what is up with it, bit worried, seeing as I had no problem loading it originally after I had installed the patches and the Microsoft DOT framework thingy.

Yeah well you're not getting an answer for 4 days so find something else to do - i have been doing that for 3 weeks now.

Can someone answer us!!!

having tried for a month to install fm09 i still cannt manage to do it, only discovered this forum, on trying to installed the game i receive the following message when trying to play it (Football manager 2009 has stopped working)

a problem caused the program to stop working correctly. windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.

Anyone with any ideas what to do i just got a new pc with windows vista previous pc had xp and wish this one had too i could be playin fifa manager without any of this hassle!:confused:

Hello

i'm having issues installing the game on my macbook air. i converted it as an image file to install it on my macbook air so i can play while on christmas holidays.

The installation seems to work quite fine however it just doesn't launch the game after it's done. it keeps quitting. i did save also my tactics and trainings so i can easily continue but i can't get the get to even launch after it says installation was successful.

One problem i noticed though is the Sports interactive folder from my documents it has the game folder there but the football manager folder in there is empty. i know that's where i'm supposed to put my training schedules, saved game and tactics but i believe it's supposed to have more components.

after installing it the game created 2 sports interactive folders one under applications and the other under my documents. the one under my documents is the one that has the football manager folder that is empty.

the one under applications has a shortcut to the game but would not launch.

Please help me fix my game i really want to play.

****ing!!!!!!!!Above problem is still exist after installing the latest path 9.2.0.

I feel very very angry. Please refund!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Someone can response ??

****ing!!!!!!!!Above problem is still exist after installing the latest path 9.2.0.

I feel very very angry. Please refund!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Someone can response ??

Dear Bardi and FM testing Team,

Don't pretend nothing wrong happened. Please let me know immediatley what your team (so-called experts here) will do next step if I still can't launch the game after installing the latest path 9.2.0.

Don't find any excuse here. Please solve my problem immediately because you all are experts:thdn::thdn:. Otherwise I will consider to take legal action against your company because you sell this kind of product to the customers.

Please response no more delay.

James

After downloading Patch 9.2.0 (Mac) my matches are really laggy. I didn't have this problem with Patch 9.1.1. I don't know if this has anything to do with using up all my downloads. I don't see how internet usage should slow down something that isn't on the internet. Is anyone else facing this problem?

Still an issue with UK phone activation? Tried twice just now and still getting cut off after the 3rd activation key input (message being that my product key code is invalid). I've used the key software to determine the code from 0's and o's etc.

Any news/ideas?

Thanks

did anyone ever find a way to fix this - i am soooooo struggling.:confused:

Originally Posted by villalad View Post

Can somebody help me please. My activation key is the right one, but when i try and do it online it says unable to connect to internet and when I do it on the phone it says when i get to the third set of activation keys that my activation code is wrong but it isnt because I have checked on the site. What do I do?

You are not entering the KEY in UPPERCASE - this will solve the problem

i have this problem as well - and i am entering it in UPPERCASE - pls help someone.

Hi there

I am having an issue on FM 2009 with moving saved games from one of my desktops (at my place) to another (at a friend's place). In previous versions I just copy the saved game file from one computer and paste it into the relevant directory on the other computer and then run it in the game and it works fine. Even when I have made changes to the database and saved a new database it will just default to the default database and keep running the game.

In FM 2009, when I do this I get the following error and the game just shuts down:

"The database folder with which this game was created could not be found. The game is now using the default database folder."

This was the same message I used to get in prior versions of FM but the game kept running. Now it is just shutting down. Is there any known fix to the issue? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Simply sounds like the PC you are trying to move the game to is using a different database (player stats, which teams they play for, who the managers work for etc). Has your friend edited some players on his version? They need to be identical. Maybe he's running the latest patch and you are not?

Take your database over there as well (just put it on a memory stick and take it with the save game).

I was just wondering if you could help me. when i start loading fm 2oo9 it is working fine until it gets to the loading screen and a error comes up saying ' XML parsing error' then saying ' not well-formed(invaild token) at line 1 of last_saved_game.xml'.

then the game just turns off, ive tryed deleting all the content of the game then re-installing and the problem is still there if you could help me i would be great full

many thanks!

hi i have posted this on 2 forums but it still isnt sorted when i load the game it loads up until when the main menu is supposed to come up but instead it just goes black i have waited ages but nothing. so far i have tried:

reinstalling through both uniloc and steam as well as wiping anything to do with the game e.g. folders etc.

system restore

and using another game disc

but still nothing has changed. I encountered this problem when i was in 'preferences' and the game was ' loading image data for new skin' it was taking a lot longer than it was supposed too and the mouse cursor wasn't loading so closed the game via Ctrl Alt Del as this was the only way since then every time i load the game it goes black when the main menu is supposed to load. i waited for this game for so long and now i cant play it please help im really losing belief that im ever going to be able to play it again and instead going to have to wait a year for FM10 :-(

Unfortunately, other than the suggested workarounds that have already been shared here, I don't currently have a better idea of how to resolve this installation issue.

You may want to try asking at http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/windowssdk/threads/ - they may be of more help.

Bardi, someone has already asked about error s1023 on the site you told me to look at and they got this response

" This forum is for professional software developers who have problem using an API documented in Windows SDK. If you have problem using a software, contact the software's tech support.MSMVP VC++"

so i still need help solving my problem

SO any answer to our issues?

I have decided to cut my loses and go and buy another game - the problem im having seems to be with my activation key and I have tried everything now and still getting nowhere - will I still have the same problems if I buy another game?? And the point I raised when you asked me to find out how many computers I have the game loaded on - when I went through your link - its looks as though the game had been activated before I had even received it?

I installed the 9.2 patch yesterday and after i chose the leagues in which i want to play, i press the continue button and then the game throw me to the Windows Desktop with this message:

"Error in match events configuration file on line 128457, Game or report text had no language marker"

If you're struggling with activation issues, contact Customer Services and they'll activate for you.

Can you provide a link please - I have spoken with so many people now. The porblem im having is that i have activated and played the game fine but now it wont work - I have uninstalled a number of times and followed all the advice given and still im getting error -819

What is error-819??

I've got FM 09 since a few days. The first few days it worked perfect but I wanted to play FM yesterday so I started the game but it didn't work.

The messages that appear are allways the same.

not well-informed (invalid token) at line 1 of_saved_game.xml

and this one.

Could not use database location '/c:/program files/steam/steamapps/common/football manager 2009/data/updates/update-910/db/910' - reverting to the default location.

and finaly this one.

not well-formed (invalid token) at line 1 of Profile0.xml

I hope someone can help me

I just dont get it, could somebody help me.

The game doesn't work offline or online

It doesn't work with Steam or with that other program.

I allways get the same messages and my english isn't that good, because i'm from Holland.

I don't even installed a patch, and i save manually.

The game continues till the start screen with the menu's. I want to load a game but it isn't there and then i get the errors.

The next time i did new game, it get till the point i need to enter my name and than the errors start again.

As previously posted...

In terms of how to resolve issues - here's a few suggestions;

- Read the FAQ thread at the top of this forum. It has details about downloading the most up-to-date version of DirectX which is resolving the majority of people's crashes, apparently. Also, worth checking your GFX card drivers as these have also caused issues - make sure they're as up-to-date as they can be. http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=63556

- If neither of those options help - then you should contact Customer Services - here:

http://help.sega.com/?group=englishuk&t=EnglishUK

They'll go through your PC configuration and see if there's anything else that can be done.

By all means let me know if you need any more help.

Cheers

Matt

HI

Had fm09 for a couple of days now and it keeps crashing when i go into a match. After the submit team option, i click ok and then it just freezez. It has also froze when a few times when i press the continue button in general play.

I have downloaded the patch 9.1 and it worked better i managed to get about 10 games in and it froze again. This has happened in 2 seperate games

Now i have downloaded the patch 9.2 and it froze when i went onto transfer roomers and again when i tried to play a match

I`m currently running Vista.

Does anyone know how to solve this cause it is getting beyond the joke, and i`m sure everyone else shares my frustration as it seems that the game has been rushed to get it released

Hi,

the game has run fine with no problems for the last month or so, but now has started to have problems. When i start the game it fails to launch. i have unintalled and re-installed but the problem persists.

i have installed with steam and so have all updates.

any help please as i am very deep into a saved game which i have spent alot of time on.

please help.

Louie

louieabf@hotmail.co.uk

louiethfc@btinternet.com

HI

Had fm09 for a couple of days now and it keeps crashing when i go into a match. After the submit team option, i click ok and then it just freezez. It has also froze when a few times when i press the continue button in general play.

I have downloaded the patch 9.1 and it worked better i managed to get about 10 games in and it froze again. This has happened in 2 seperate games

Now i have downloaded the patch 9.2 and it froze when i went onto transfer roomers and again when i tried to play a match

I`m currently running Vista.

Does anyone know how to solve this cause it is getting beyond the joke, and i`m sure everyone else shares my frustration as it seems that the game has been rushed to get it released

run it in windowed choose options then preferences then display and sound then choose your screen resolution at the top choose windowed :thup:

Full Screen 'Freezing' Issue

We are still working on improving this issue for Patch 3. Some hardware may have already benefited from some of the changes we've done in Patch 2, but we are aware there are still some users affected by this problem. If you are still experiencing the game locking up when playing in full screen mode, please play in Windowed Mode.

its a known issue

Well I followed your customer services link was no help all of their links lead me back to YOUR site and on the phone for half an hour they tried everything and then told me to come to YOUR forums for any other assistance. If you look over my posts it will tell you exactley how long these has been going on - do you not thing this is ridiculous - but you dont seem to understand how annoying it is having to wait for responses only to be told - oh not m problem speak to someone else.

And just to tell you my problem AGAIN - I was playing the game fine installed through Steam and activated with no problems at all - now I was playing the game and then it crashed and when I tried to start it again I got the SoftAnchor screen saying 'Your Trial Period Has Expired' and then when I enter my unlcok key it said error-819. NOw I went through all the forums and couldnt find anything about error-819 - I have tried the activator and get error -819 - I have uninstalled and tried to activate through Steam and Uniloc , online and on the phone and still got nowhere - so can anyone here help??

Archived