Known issues and solutions - FAQ

I too have know idea how to download the new patch, as i don't have access to the internet at home i have to download from work. i clicked on this lick below

http://www.worthplaying.com/article.php?sid=57496

and it brings up this link

Get the Football Manager 2009 v9.0.1 Patch off WP (169mb)

and then this info below appears? which one do i need to click know????? :confused:

maybe im in the wrong thing, i'd be grateful if someone could point me in the right direction:)

USA Mirror #1

Australia Mirror #1

Germany Mirror #1

Germany Mirror #2

Dutch Mirror

You can click on any of these options. I downloaded mine fine from the USA mirror, so why not go for that.

Then click run to start the download and I think the rest does it itself.

Hope this helps!

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey.. I've played the game in windowed mode so far, and it has worked just fine.. But now it starts in full screen and won't change back to windowed mode as the window option is greyed out.. In full screen, the game freezes and crashes.. Pretty frustrating, and I can't seem to work this one out myself.. Help will be appreciated!

If I remember correctly you should be able to edit the desktop shortcut properties and add "--windowed_mode" (or something similar) to the end of the line where the location of the application goes. I.E. the properties for the desktop shortcut should read something (assuming WinXP) like "C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\fm.exe --windowed_mode". I'm sure someone will correct me somewhere, but that's the gist of it.

" When I try to activate, it says I'm not connected to the internet / other activation problems

We have created a small activator script that should help anybody having trouble activating the game online.

Step 1 – Download the activator from http://www.footballmanager.com/fixv2.zip

Step 2 – Unzip the contents of the activator to your desktop.

Step 3 – Double click the activate.vbs file. Note the screen shot below. "

When I downloaded that, I got 2 files, one called "Launcher" and one "Activator". When i press "Launcher" i receive an error-message, and while pressing "Activator" nothing happens. What should I do? I'm very frustrated about this now. Please help me . PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

hey hope someone can help me! im on a mac by the way. when i start the game up it just says it has unexpectedly quit. here is the error if that helps??

Symbol not found: _chmod$UNIX2003

Referenced from: /Applications/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2009/fm.app/Contents/MacOS/fm

Expected in: /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib

help would be greatly appretiated

I found the solution to my problem.

The error message I got when i clicked on launcher.exe was related to missing ".net framework v2.0.50727".

The file I was missing can be downloaded from the following link:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=0856EACB-4362-4B0D-8EDD-AAB15C5E04F5&displaylang=en

Once this file is installed, launcher.exe will work.

CAn someone help please. I installed the game fine and then all of a sudden it crashed - I tried to restart the game and a got a SoftAnchor screen saying "Your trial period has expired " I entered my code and got a message saying "error -819" I have gone through the fix and also get a message from that saying error -819. Something I have noticed if it is any help - I read a post which said delete the certificates in the FM 09 folder but I have searched my whole c: drive and cannot find the certificates folder - could this be causing the problem ? Any suggestions please. I have pretty much tried everything - If I bought another game would it do the same thing or will i be a different situation all together

CAn someone help please. I installed the game fine and then all of a sudden it crashed - I tried to restart the game and a got a SoftAnchor screen saying "Your trial period has expired " I entered my code and got a message saying "error -819" I have gone through the fix and also get a message from that saying error -819. Something I have noticed if it is any help - I read a post which said delete the certificates in the FM 09 folder but I have searched my whole c: drive and cannot find the certificates folder - could this be causing the problem ? Any suggestions please. I have pretty much tried everything - If I bought another game would it do the same thing or will i be a different situation all together
It is located in the AppData folder which is hidden by default. You will need to enable Hidden Files & Folders for it to work. Or click Start, type Run in the search box and press enter. Then type %AppData% and press enter.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME WITH MY PROBLEM.

as soon as i click to play the game i get "fm2009 has encountered a problem and needs to close. we are sorry for any inconvenience"

ive read through ALL 36 pages of this forum. tryed EVERY so called solution and none of them work. i simply cannot play this game.

this is the first time ive bought a football manager and unless i get it working its probably gonna be the last.

thanks for the help.

System Information

Time of this report: 11/25/2008, 16:55:47

Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158)

Language: English (Regional Setting: English)

System Manufacturer: VIAP4X

System Model: AWRDACPI

BIOS: Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG

Processor: Intel® Pentium® 4 CPU 3.06GHz (2 CPUs)

Memory: 1024MB RAM

Page File: 335MB used, 4685MB available

Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS

DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)

DX Setup Parameters: Not found

DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.2180 32bit Unicode

------------

DxDiag Notes

DirectX Files Tab: No problems found.

Display Tab 1: Problems were found in the system registry. Details are available in the saved text file. You should reinstall DirectX to get the latest version.

Sound Tab 1: No problems found.

Music Tab: No problems found.

Input Tab: No problems found.

Network Tab: No problems found.

--------------------

DirectX Debug Levels

Direct3D: 0/4 (n/a)

DirectDraw: 0/4 (retail)

DirectInput: 0/5 (n/a)

DirectMusic: 0/5 (n/a)

DirectPlay: 0/9 (retail)

DirectSound: 0/5 (retail)

DirectShow: 0/6 (retail)

---------------

Display Devices

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 6600

Manufacturer: NVIDIA

Chip type: NVxx

DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC

Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_00F2&SUBSYS_211C1682&REV_A2

Display Memory: 256.0 MB

Current Mode: 1152 x 864 (32 bit) (75Hz)

Monitor: Default Monitor

Monitor Max Res:

Driver Name: nv4_disp.dll

Driver Version: 6.14.0011.7824 (English)

DDI Version: 9 (or higher)

Driver Attributes: Final Retail

Driver Date/Size: 10/7/2008 13:33:00, 6058112 bytes

WHQL Logo'd: n/a

WHQL Date Stamp: n/a

VDD: n/a

Mini VDD: nv4_mini.sys

Mini VDD Date: 10/7/2008 13:33:00, 6133856 bytes

Device Identifier: {D7B71E3E-43B2-11CF-A26B-170103C2CB35}

Vendor ID: 0x10DE

Device ID: 0x00F2

SubSys ID: 0x211C1682

Revision ID: 0x00A2

Revision ID: 0x00A2

Video Accel: ModeMPEG2_A ModeMPEG2_B ModeMPEG2_C ModeMPEG2_D ModeWMV9_B ModeWMV9_A

Deinterlace Caps: {6CB69578-7617-4637-91E5-1C02DB810285}: Format(In/Out)=(YUY2,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive

{335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(YUY2,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch {6CB69578-7617-4637-91E5-1C02DB810285}: Format(In/Out)=(UYVY,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive

{335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(UYVY,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch {6CB69578-7617-4637-91E5-1C02DB810285}: Format(In/Out)=(YV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive

{335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(YV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch {6CB69578-7617-4637-91E5-1C02DB810285}: Format(In/Out)=(NV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive

{335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(NV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch

Registry Errors Found:

Key 'HKCR\CLSID\{4516EC43-8F20-11d0-9B6D-0000C0781BC3}\InprocServer32' is missing.

Key 'HKCR\CLSID\{4516EC43-8F20-11d0-9B6D-0000C0781BC3}\InprocServer32' is missing.

DDraw Status: Enabled

D3D Status: Enabled

AGP Status: Enabled

DDraw Test Result: Not run

D3D7 Test Result: Not run

D3D8 Test Result: Not run

D3D9 Test Result: Not run

-------------

Sound Devices

Description: SB X-Fi Audio [D000]

Default Sound Playback: Yes

Default Voice Playback: Yes

Hardware ID: PCI\VEN_1102&DEV_0005&SUBSYS_00211102&REV_00

Manufacturer ID: 1

Product ID: 100

Type: WDM

Driver Name: ctaud2k.sys

Driver Version: 5.12.0001.1187 (English)

Driver Attributes: Final Retail

WHQL Logo'd: n/a

Date and Size: 8/17/2006 11:17:10, 500480 bytes

Other Files:

Driver Provider: Creative

HW Accel Level: Full

Cap Flags: 0x0

Min/Max Sample Rate: 0, 0

Static/Strm HW Mix Bufs: 0, 0

Static/Strm HW 3D Bufs: 0, 0

HW Memory: 0

Voice Management: Yes

EAX 2.0 Listen/Src: Yes, Yes

I3DL2 Listen/Src: No, No

Sensaura ZoomFX: No

Registry: OK

Sound Test Result: Not run

Hi I wonder if anyone can help me at all.

I have the new FM09 game - i've installed it and activated it successfully. However when i go to load it i get a microsoft windows message box saying "Fottball Manager 2009 has stopped working". I don't have the internet at home and i registered via the telephone activation. I'm running it through Vista and have plenty of memory etc. I've been trying to get it to work for 3 weeks now.

I've not seen anyone have this problem in the forums so i hope someone can help me?! I've had every version of FM/CM since 93 and would like to continue doing so....

Please help!

I reported a problem with the game a few weeks ago - basically the game was freezing during the 3D match and reporting that Windows had recovered from a serious error that appeared to be video related. I seem to have solved that problem by replacing the video card with and older model :confused: . I have now got to the end of September in my first season and twice the game has reported a crash dump and left two 4Mb files in my SI folder. I can't open these files so i have no idea what i'm supposed to do with them. I've had a look through these forums and when reported the crash dump doesn't appear to get much of a repsonse. Is this because SI are aware of it and dealing with it in the forthcoming patch?

I'm able reload and continue with the saved game but would like to find a solution to this.

I have tried to get this silly game working! it worked first time fine, but now its decidd to have the xml parsing error. Ive tried your steps, putting in the target, but it just says its not a legitimate target directory, whhhhhhhy? I think SEGA should maybe trake a bit longer to sort this game out properly!

I haven't the patience to mess around with patches as the game should have been tested properly and also I want to click and play, not mess around with steam. I just took my game back for a refund and am still enjoying football manager 08 as I can set up and play in minuites. I recommend that everyone else does the same as then the makers of this new game will soon learn by there mistakes. What a shame to let down so many fans by overcomplicating what was ok anyway. Also it seems that you need the internet to play this new version, it doesn't say that on the box! How can you install and play without patches, without the net? Surely if the game was tested properly it wouldn't need patches? Trading standards should be informed!!!

My installation went fine and now when I try to open the game I get a message saying that Football Manager 2009 has stopped working and that windows will attempt to find a solution but it never does and I had no choice but to close it. As far as I know my PC should run the game with ease but I had the exact same problem with the demo and didn't get a reply then either.

Hi please could you help me out?

When i first installed fm09, after the instalation was complete the following message came up, when it was trying to lauch the game

“FM.exe application error. The application has failed to initialize correctly (0xC0150002). Click on OK to stop the application.”.

I followed your link and downloaded the appropriate microsoft framework update. I unistalled the game and reinstalled it, this time after instalation, the game tried to launch and went to softanchor where i had to input the product key code. I did this successfully and was told that the registration of the game for my computer was done.

However now when i try to launch the game nothing happens. The fm09 disc is recognised in my disc drive but the game won't launch. Please help. Please could you advise me of what to do next? Many thanks in advance.

I haven't the patience to mess around with patches as the game should have been tested properly and also I want to click and play, not mess around with steam. I just took my game back for a refund and am still enjoying football manager 08 as I can set up and play in minuites. I recommend that everyone else does the same as then the makers of this new game will soon learn by there mistakes. What a shame to let down so many fans by overcomplicating what was ok anyway. Also it seems that you need the internet to play this new version, it doesn't say that on the box! How can you install and play without patches, without the net? Surely if the game was tested properly it wouldn't need patches? Trading standards should be informed!!!

These same people made FM08 which you "[are] still enjoying". FYI, that was patched too. Twice. Boo hoo, cry me a river. Find me an unpatched game without bugs or glitches and I'll show you flying sheep.

Hi,

Ive had so many problems with this game. I eventually got it up and running but it kept freezing. I, upon advice from this forum, tried the game in windowed mode and now it won't start. I tried uninstalling and the installed it a second time but it doesn't work, I get the following message: fm.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. The error report says:

AppName: fm.exe AppVer: 9.0.0.23544 ModName: fm.exe

ModVer: 9.0.0.23544 Offset: 00bff79b

I'm a novice on the computer and would really appreciate some advice!!

Lads seriously i bought this game the day it came out and ive not played it once, it seems every 1 has at least had a go apart from me. This is my problem some 1 help plz....

When it loads up the black screen with loading cums up with all diffrent languages it does that for ages totally long, somtimes it will work sometimes it wont. If it does the screen goes blank if i minimize it then open again it will go black but if u click and move the mouse about it reloads teh screen but then it goes so slow like 4 example if i push continue it feels like it wont load till next week thats hw slow it is. Some 1 said defrag my computer will that help? Or has any 1 else got any solutions please help :| ive not even played it yet!!!!!!!!! :(

Lads seriously i bought this game the day it came out and ive not played it once, it seems every 1 has at least had a go apart from me. This is my problem some 1 help plz....

When it loads up the black screen with loading cums up with all diffrent languages it does that for ages totally long, somtimes it will work sometimes it wont. If it does the screen goes blank if i minimize it then open again it will go black but if u click and move the mouse about it reloads teh screen but then it goes so slow like 4 example if i push continue it feels like it wont load till next week thats hw slow it is. Some 1 said defrag my computer will that help? Or has any 1 else got any solutions please help :| ive not even played it yet!!!!!!!!! :(

your not the only 1!! i downloaded through steamingpileofshit and havent played it yet, ive asked steam for my money back, and unsurprisingly they seem to ignore that request!!!

ive activated the game online and on the phone but it keeps asking me to activate it again.

£31 for something that doesnt work, disgrace

this setup system is an absolute shambles, and 2 people at least have asked about the problem of

Additional Notes: ERROR - class com.sigames.InstallAnywhere.WindowsGameExplorer NonfatalInstallException RegisterWithGameExplorer() failed: Failed to add game to Game Explorer

and now i am, neither of them have had a response, so hurry up SI and give me a response or are you too busy counting the cash from the pile of w*nk of a setup, its a joke how you've screwed this up. Im tempted by LMA 2010 or championship manager 2010 :eek:

I had this exact same problem but finally got round it. After losing patience with steam and uninstalling everything, my FM09 disc wouldn't run, but I got around this by using explorer to find the setup.exe file on the disc (not the one in the root folder - it's in \Disk1\InstData\Windows\VM\). This worked fine and I was very careful not to select the steam option second time around! All working fine now : D

I tried this method of reinstalling and received the following:

Data error (cyclic redundancy check).

HELP:mad:

I bought a brand new laptop three weeks ago. I installed FM 2009 on it using the online activation (not steam). Whenever I play the game I get to the point where I can select the players I want and the tratics I want to use. As soon as I click match it just stops and hangs. I have to go through taskmanager too get rid of it.

I am sick and tired of trying to get this game to work.

Here is a list of the specs that are for my computer.

Processor Type Intel Core 2 Duo T5750

Processor speed 2000 The higher the number of Megahertz (MHZ) the faster the processor should be

Memory Size 3 GB MB

Memory Type DDR II

Hard Drive Capacity 250 GB The bigger the capacity the more you can store

Optical Drives Blu-Ray Disc Drive

Screen Size/Type 17" WXGA CrystalBrite

Graphics Card Type nVidia GeForce 9300M GS

Graphics Memory 256 MB

OS - Windows Vista Basic

With these specs I would think that a game like FM 2009 wouldn't have a problem running on this laptop.

I've tried all the stuff that has been mentioned in this forum and still having problems.

Can someone help.

I

I am experiencing the same problem, numerous times. Similiar but better system specifications. One exception, able to play one half a few days ago, but freeze up at half.

HI - CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME:

I've installed everthing ok but when i click on the the launch buttom on FM 2009 under stream i get the follwowing message:

'The game is currently unavailable.

Please try another time'

I've been getting this for a while now.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

I was trying to install for the past 2 days using Steam (what a joke!). Finally decided that i had input the activation code incorrectly due the the dubious type setting (which should not have been used) chosen by the printers on the back of the manual.

I then uninstalled the game from my system.

I then re-inserted the disc tonight to try again, and now game will not install no matter what i do.

I have to say im more than a little ****ed off as i've been playin this game since the old days of of CM93/94 and CM Italia. What happened to the gold old days of pick up and play, which appear to have ended this year!

Please help!!!!!!!!!!!

Managed to get through one season with no problems. Then pre-season the game won't go beyond july 24th 2009, instead crashing and getting the "program has to close" message. Tried using both backup saves, but same problem occurs. Is this a known issue? or just a case of my save files being corrupted and therefore I should start a new game?

I have crash dump files if needed

Didnt work mate, still got the same problem! Any other ideas??

Could you post your DXDIAG information?

Not all of it - up to and including the 'Display Devices' section.

How to get your Dxdiag information

Windows XP

1. Click on “Start”

2. Click on “Run”

3. In the text prompt box that appears type “dxdiag” and click ok.

4. Once the dxdiag program has finished scanning your machine click “Save All Information” save this to a place you will remember.

5. Copy and past these as/where needed.

Wndows Vista

1. Click on “Start”

2. Click inside the search box

3. In the search box type “dxdiag” and click ok.

4. Once the dxdiag program has finished scanning your machine click “Save All Information” save this to a place you will remember.

5. Copy and past these as/where needed.

I've reset my cache. and I've now attempted a re-install, still no joy, unfortunately.

What database size have you selected? If large, could you try starting a new one with a small database.

And, I'm not sure if I'd asked already, but do you have any custom graphics added to your FM 09 folder?

Archived