Marc Duffy

Known issues and solutions - FAQ

5,540 posts in this topic

Its Me Again!!!!!!!!!! Trying So Hard just To install this game!!!! I have WIN XP 64 BIT A GREAT PC With 2GB Memory and GEforce 7600GT............. The Newest Drives for everything!!

I Installed the SDK From this Page (500mb Download) And Tried the .NET (Doesnt Work On 64 BIT)

I DID IT ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why ooooo Why Does it Still say: " THE INSTALLER CANNOT RUN ON YOUR CONFIGURATIONS, IT WILL NOW QUIT"

Wont I be able to play this game?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Please HELP ME!!!!!

marc i'm able to start the game then within minutes of starting it says that football manager is running dangerously short of memory and has to close. it then closes itself down saying football manager had run out of memory and quit.

i don't know what i can do, i've cleaned up my computer deleting unused programmes but it keeps coming up

not a major problem, but ****ing me off all the same...

on the filters section, it usually has a hide players option, for hiding unavailable players etc, on my current game this has disappeared and been replaced with one saying 'show players' with 2 options, 'selected schedule' and 'all schedules', so im unable to filter out all my crocks. the same thing happened in an fm08 game and i managed to sort it but cant remember how:(

i think it has coincided with me registering my european squad, anyone have any ideas how to fix it?

Well I just retruned mine copy. After crashing my computer every time I tried to submit a team and the solution to the parse error actually causing the fastest crash of the five in ten days that I suffered I'd had enough.

Shame really because it looked like it was going to be a decent game

I've had this game 2 weeks now and I still haven't managed to activate it. Please can someone help me. I keep getting error -51 when i run the activator/launcher box that is suppossed to help. The softanchor activation says I'm offline and my trial period has expired. It doesn't even give me an option to activate by phone .It's a shame when you pay good money for a product that you can't even run.

Help please

I've had this game 2 weeks now and I still haven't managed to activate it. Please can someone help me. I keep getting error -51 when i run the activator/launcher box that is suppossed to help. The softanchor activation says I'm offline and my trial period has expired. It doesn't even give me an option to activate by phone .It's a shame when you pay good money for a product that you can't even run.

Help please

this is totally rubbish - I bought the game yesterday and I did have that feeling 'I bet this isn't going to work' - and hey presto I'm right! what a load of dogs droppings - why do you make it so difficult for people to just play a flipping computer game? where did 'put CD in, game loads up, you can play' go? passwords, "soft anchor product key" - what is all this crap? why is there nothing written about all this rubbish in the handbook? you lot must know there are going to be all these problems but you just release the game anyway. I think you assume everyone knows (or even wants to know) their computer like some Dwayne Dibley geek OR really enjoys spending hours trawling through some stupid forum desperately searching through the countless various problems with this game... bunch of gimps!

Hello,

I posted this on another thread but got lost and after browsing through all these pages I couldn't find anyone else with this problem so here goes:

I played through a whole season with All UK leagues running and all was fine. Now i've reached halfway through my second season with a new team and just as things are starting to look good I can't play any matches. The game just crashed when I go to submit team and i have to restart my laptop. I can skip the game by going on holiday and then play normally until I submit my team for the next match and I get the same problem.

I've had activation problems, bought the disk, used steam, had all the problems I could have had and now I've got it working I can't manage my team after one season. Why has this game been released in such a state? I can't get a refund, but if this isn't fixed soon I'll be marching down to the offices to demand one anyway. I'm absolutely fed up with this hassle and I can't believe what's happened to this once great game. Poor show guys, very poor show.

Also, please help me fix this problem because I want to take Afan Lido into europe :)

My FM09 have worked fine until today, where i suddenly got this message when i tried to lauch the game;

Football Manager 2009 is running dangerously low on memory. Please quit and free up some memory.

As mentioned, this is my first problem with the new manager. My computer shouldent have any problems running it. I have brought the game throug Steam, and dont have any clue, what iam suppose to do now.

Can anyone please help me?

Hi! I have the same problem. The admins told me this crash will be fixed in the next patch... until then, we can just wait.

Hi! I have the same problem. The admins told me this crash will be fixed in the next patch... until then, we can just wait.

That's reassuring! Can I ask, what leagues are you running? I heard there's an issue with Italian Serie C but I'm only running UK leagues.

Good evening I am still having troubles with my football manager game, i did send an email a few weeks ago and there was no reply but i would appreciate a response as soon as possible My game loads fine, and everything else works - until i either click on the result of a match or submit my team for my own match - then the game crashes and on the screen it says: NOT WELL FORMED(INVALID TOKEN) AT LINE 1 OF HIGHLIGHTS .XMLThe strange thing is that the first two times i played on the game ,this did not happen - the game played fine in 3.D, the problem that happend those two times is after the second game played i a row the game would freze and since then nothingI have tried reinstalling it, changing the screen sizes , reducing the size of everything but still no luck I have downloaded the patch as well but although that has defo been instaled and is working( i know this due to manager and game updates) it has made no diffrence I am no wiz at computers, but i have never had any probs with FM08 here are all of my computers detailsIt is a ACER travelmate 5520 laptop with Vista AMD Athlon 64 x2 dualcore processerC1.8 GHZ TK552 X 256 KB L2 Cache15.4 WXGA ACER crystal brite LCDup to 384 MB ATI Radeon Xpress 1250 Hyper memory 1 GB DDR2 80 GB HDD DVD super multi DL802 11b/g WLAN like i said i am no wiz on computers so i have included everything on the computer about what its components are Please help me out- i have been trying for weeks

Thanks for yor help James Nelson

Is your provider Vista by chance- i am having similar problems

I just havnt been lucky enough to get to start a season - it just crashes straight away as i submit a team

Can anyone help- I bought the game in england but im now in canada until the new year

I would very, very much appreciate a response from SI on this too.

Yep. Same problem. Same cry for help SI. Please!

...I just wanna re-create myself with exaggerated ability and attributes...:(

Thanks in advance.

i installed the game and click on it 2 run it and it loads then it just stops at a clock thing and it freezes

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a problem with starting a network game.

2 of my friends and I are trying to start a network, 2 of us using the pc version with the patch (9.1.0) and the other with the mac version with patch (9.1.1). We have all managed to connect to the game without any problem until it comes to a matchday. We play our games and when the game is finished and you see the results the scores are different on the mac version compared to the pc version e.g liverpool played a 1- 0 victory in-game and afterwards it states that it finished 3 - 0 with different scorers and times etc.

Any help would be appreciated :)

When is the "proper" Mac patch going to come out, got the good ol' injury bug, player just come back after 2 month virus to be injured in training on the same day, also one player being injured whilst recovering from a serious injury!

That's reassuring! Can I ask, what leagues are you running? I heard there's an issue with Italian Serie C but I'm only running UK leagues.

I'm running Premier League, Seria A, Primera division and Romanian first league. On the 27th of august the game crashes. Hope for a quick patch.

I'm running Premier League, Seria A, Primera division and Romanian first league. On the 27th of august the game crashes. Hope for a quick patch.

27 August 2008? That seems like the common issue. Unfortunately mine's doing it on November 11 2009, hopefully the patch will still fix that anyway!

why is this game on the shelves with so many problems? dont si have testers before it goes out?

i think its an absolute disgrace this can happen.

costs best part of 30 quid to get it home & cant install it on the 3 computers i have tried.

sorry but going back for a refund n ever to return youve lost me as a customer im afraid.

hi

I have downloaded tbd 1st patch but cannot install it it comes up with error cannot read block 149 what does this mean and what am I doing wrong?

Thanks

What concerns me the most isn't the fact that the game has problems, but that so many people are having problems installing the game, yet SI has a slow response time. It's been over 36 hours since I first brought up my problem and have yet to receive a sufficient answer. While I understand that an immediate response is impossible, I do expect SI to have someone on these boards 24/7 trying to assist customers who've paid a good amount of money for a game that doesn't work. To me, customer service is key until the bulk of the buyers who are having problems installing and playing the game are taken care of. And SI aren't the only ones to blame. I emailed Sega with my problem over 24 hours ago and haven't heard a word. While I know Sega posted a financial loss last year from previous years, I still expect a company who's annual profits are in the hundreds of millions to provide a response time of less than 24 hours.

27 August 2008? That seems like the common issue. Unfortunately mine's doing it on November 11 2009, hopefully the patch will still fix that anyway!

Hi, my game also crashes on 27th August 2009, do we know what would cause this issue? I am only running the English league, medium database. I have 1.25GB RAM and have played over a season with my save game.

When will the next patch be out to fix this, has anyone played past this date?

Hi

I have a problem when I try to install Fm 09 on my Macbook Pro intel 2,16 ghz (2 gb ram, 128mb graphics card from ATI).

I start the install file on the cd and choose norwegian, folder and the install starts. After 2 seconds the progress stops and it says: Installing....Uninstall Football Manager 2009.app

Then the cd stops. When I check the harddisk a folder has been created with the file Uninstall Football Manager 2009, but I can`t delete it before I stop the installation.

Tried and tried for 4 hours now. No one in norwegian forums can help me.

Can someone here help me? Please:)

Thanks

I have a problem downloading the new Direct X. It says I should try later but its been going on for around 3 days now.

Ok so here are my problems...

Originally the game worked fine, I then made my own database and played a game with this db then deleted that db, the next time i started the game (i mean launched it or whatever) I got this message :could not use database location blablabla reverting to default location, the game was stilll playable after this.

I tried to get a solution to get rid of the error message on the forum, none of the solutions works (uninstalling, deleting cache files etc etc) it still came up but now after my last attempt to reinstall the game I am not not only getting the original error message but afterwards another one that says 'not well from invalid token at line one of sound cache mode, this message then goes away but before the game fully starts up (before it gets to the start new game, load game etc screen) it comes back then everything crashes and the game dissapears.

Please god will someone tell me what I can do to get rid of these annoying messages so that I can play the game.

BTW this is happening no matter which way i try to start the game from steam or without steam desktop icon etc....

on hte mac demo patch...i think it supposed to allow you to use the gma 950 for 3d view. even with the patch im still freezing up. any ideas?

I got a problem here. NEED URGENT HELP...

When I play FM2009, when reach to the date "1st Jan 2009", I click the "continue" button is no respond at all. I tried to "resign, Go To Holiday, or add New User" and everytime reach to date "1st Jan 2009", the "CONTINUE" button will failed to responded although I click couple of time....remain no respond.

I tried couple of time like uninstall, reinstall, remove all the cache file, still cannot work.

My notebook is NEC S3200.

I posted this on the bugs forum a few days ago but nobody has helped to solve this.

I had an array access out of bounds error on my savegame. It occurs on the date 9/9/2009. I am fully patched up and have the latest graphics drivers. My brothers play FM too on the same computer and they have no problems. So it has to be a problem with the game.

Hi,

I got a problem here. NEED URGENT HELP...

When I play FM2009, when reach to the date "1st Jan 2009", I click the "continue" button is no respond at all. I tried to "resign, Go To Holiday, or add New User" and everytime reach to date "1st Jan 2009", the "CONTINUE" button will failed to responded although I click couple of time....remain no respond.

I tried couple of time like uninstall, reinstall, remove all the cache file, still cannot work.

I tried to re-load early date 2nd Jan 2009 few time, and everytime reach to 4th Jan 2009, the CONTINUE button will NO RESPOND(click few Time). I still can click other button and it is working fine. Just the CONTINUE is no respond. Mean that I can't play anymore. I'm using Arsenal Team.

My notebook is NEC S3200.

RAM 1.5G

HD space 10G Avai

Thanks.

I am in my second season with Watford and I get to the 29th August 2009 and the UEFA Cup results processing when the game just freezes tried so many times and now started a new game but worried it will happen again.

Can you PM Me with a solution please??

Marc,

the game loads perfectly and everything is fine until it comes to my first match, and as soon as i try to make a substitution the game crashes and a message comes up saying that a file has been created in the fm09 folder. this folder is a crash dumps folder and the files that are in there all read "FM 2009 v9.1.0.26064". after that comes up, the game automatically shut it's self down

Hi, Have you received a reply on this issue? I'm having the same problem and can't seem to sort it out or find an answer on the forum. Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers.

I am having prombles too with installing the game. I when to sigames.com for help and it told me to download a graphic file. That the time I thought it would help to lanch the game. Now it was a complete a waste of my time.

I download this file fixv2 and nothing happan.

Honestly I am very disppointed with Sports Interactive. I thought I would have no trouble with it.

What can I do? I never had any trouble installing the old version of the game.

I feel they should not go with Stream.

Three things:

1. After a press conference, if I hover the mouse over the player's "PR" it will say the player had a negative reaction but if I open the player's page it says they had a positive reaction

2. A news item about a player I bought listed the wrong selling club

3. The record's summary page is blank but if I select the individual items (attendances etc) I can see the values for each year.

Good evening Marc, i have tried and tried to get a response from somebody but i am starting to get frustrated,i have tried the contact @si games , and this server but nothing. All i want to do is play this game!

My game loads fine, and everything else works - until i either click on the result of a match or submit my team for my own match - then the game crashes and on the screen it says: NOT WELL FORMED(INVALID TOKEN) AT LINE 1 OF HIGHLIGHTS .XML

The strange thing is that the first two times i played on the game ,this did not happen - the game played fine in 3.D, the problem that happend those two times is after the second game played i a row the game would freze and since then nothingI have tried reinstalling it, changing the screen sizes , reducing the size of everything but still no luck I have downloaded the patch as well but although that has defo been instaled and is working( i know this due to manager and game updates) it has made no diffrence I am no wiz at computers, but i have never had any probs with FM08

here are all of my computers details

It is a ACER travelmate 5520 laptop with Vista

AMD Athlon 64 x2 dualcore processer

C1.8 GHZ TK55

2 X 256 KB L2 Cache

15.4 WXGA ACER crystal brite LCD

up to 384 MB ATI Radeon Xpress 1250 Hyper memory

1 GB DDR2

80 GB HDD DVD super multi DL802 11b/g WLAN

like i said i am no wiz on computers so i have included everything on the computer about what its components are Please help me out- i have been trying for weeks

Thanks for yor help James Nelson

I am having problems......

Firstly, On the menu screen, when i click on new game it takes two clicks. The first click just seems to highlight the option i want (as if i was holding it down). It happened a bit on 08 but i just reloaded the game a few times and it went back to normal. Secondly, when i get onto the add manager wizard it wont let me type. I can type one letter in lower case but then i have to click the box again so it lets me type in another letter. Thirdly, the mouse is flickering. Any help would be appreciated =]

Everytime the game seems to be working fine for me i get an error and im really startin to get annoyed now. this time it says something about crash dumps error. i feel like i have just wasted my money because i have not had 1 good game out of it yet. if this game carrys on like it is i will not be buyin the next 1. plz can some1 help me get it workin properly

Marc,

I installed the direct x to my pc.

Then when i go to install it it comesup with an error saying that i need to go to user/temp logs ??

Help this game is really anoying

how do i solve my problem then? Its somethig to do with crash dumps? Plz help me sort it out.

Hi,

I own a Mac OS X 10.5.5. I installed FM 2009, tried to run it, the game did not even start and closed immediately. It said: "The application Football Manager 2009 v 9.0.0 f 23552 Quit unexpectedly." So, I searched the forums and found the patch 9.1.1. I installed it succesfully, however, now when I try to open the game it says: "The application Football Manager 2009 v 9.1.1 f 26950 Quit unexpectedly." What should I do? I'll be extremely happy if you can help me.

Installed game on Vista via Steam. Everytime i try to load the game 'Football Manager has stopped working' messege appears. Anyone help?

Thanks

Well ive asked in many forums and still cant get an answer.

so im trying here one last time, or im taking the game back for a refund and wont buy the game again.

well my problem is, i get the game loaded and everything, play the game for 2 weeks or so (game time) and then the game goes off.

it happens every time i try it.

i have downloaded the patch, however the patch makes the game even worse.

i would like to know what the solution is for this, i really would like to keep playing the game as i have done for 5 years

Hi,

I install patch for fm 2009, but after installing the game just crash!

I tried to uninstal all, and then install only game or game and patch. But it's still sux.

I read these forum, and all the same topic's but I can't find answer.

Can anybody help me?

I have macbook 4GB RAM, Mac OSX Leopard 10.5.5 - it is not Tiger, so I don't know why it doesn't work..

Hi,

I install patch for fm 2009, but after installing the game just crash!

I tried to uninstal all, and then install only game or game and patch. But it's still sux.

I read these forum, and all the same topic's but I can't find answer.

Can anybody help me?

I have macbook 4GB RAM, Mac OSX Leopard 10.5.5 - it is not Tiger, so I don't know why it doesn't work..

I have the same problem and I have been asking it for a week long, but still nobody can offer a solution.

Hello, when i go 2 save my game i get an error saying game unable to save. May i ask why is this?

I am pulling my hair out trying to get this game to work online. I have played 2008 online for the past year with no problems getting online.

I have followed all the basic guidance and ensured that both myself and my friend are running the same database. When I create a game and set up my computer as a server and then give out the IP address to my friend to connect it just says unable to connect to server and kicks him out of the game. We are both running the game through Steam.

IP adress on game preference states 192.168.0.13 / 90.201.128.173 - we have tried both of these with the same outcome. I have tried turning off firewall and allowing the firewall to give access to Football Manager 09.

I have visited whatismyip.com which has confirmed my IP is 90.201.128.173. When I go into command prompt and type in IPCONFIG it comes back as 192.168.0.13 which is also true when I access network connections. I am sure this has something to do with my router and the computer giving me the IP of my router and not the actual internet IP.

Anyway I am very frustrated and really not sure how to solve this. If you can help me then I will be extremely grateful.

hi please could some one explain what the patch is i am having the error of facegen not initilizing to fix it says something about a patch... where is it as i tried downloading off the website but to no avail... any help would be appriciated... thanks.

Bloody sigames im getting sick of this along with everyone else

question and reply would be nice

sis graphics problems? Sorted or not? Patch release date? Before or after xmas!!!

I am running a windows vista machine, it has a quad core, 3 gb memory and a 9600 g force graphics card yet eveytime im playing the game and get to submitting my team for the next match the game crashes on me, it has been getting a bit annoying now.

Also, I have installed it through stream and i don't have the icon on the desktop or the games menu to launch the game as Im not keen on having to open stream everytime to run the game.

Can you help solve these problems, thanks.