Known issues and solutions - FAQ

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi there, this is the advice from the activation thread:

Can you follow this and let me know if it's helped out.

Cheers.

I tried to upload the Request file on the following page;

http://keylookup.fm2009.softanchorinsight.com/fileactivate.aspx

The only thing that happened was that it timed out, giving me the following error;

Connection Interrupted

The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.

The network link was interrupted while negotiating a connection. Please try again.

I tried with both IE and Firefox. Here is a summary of my dxdiag (i doubt it has anything to do with my hardware);

------------------

System Information

------------------

Time of this report: 11/26/2008, 20:27:27

Machine name: HP14565114541

Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_qfe.080814-1242)

Language: English (Regional Setting: Norwegian (Bokmål))

System Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard

System Model: HP xw4600 Workstation

BIOS: Default System BIOS

Processor: Intel® Core2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz (4 CPUs)

Memory: 3568MB RAM

Page File: 527MB used, 4921MB available

Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS

DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)

DX Setup Parameters: Not found

DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.2180 32bit Unicode

---------------

Display Devices

---------------

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS 512

Manufacturer: NVIDIA

Chip type: GeForce 8800 GTS 512

DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC

Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0600&SUBSYS_82681043&REV_A2

Display Memory: 512.0 MB

Current Mode: 1920 x 1200 (32 bit) (60Hz)

Monitor: Plug and Play Monitor

Monitor Max Res: 1600,1200

Driver Name: nv4_disp.dll

Driver Version: 6.14.0011.6906 (English)

DDI Version: 9 (or higher)

Driver Attributes: Final Retail

Driver Date/Size: 11/6/2007 10:30:00, 5770880 bytes

WHQL Logo'd: n/a

WHQL Date Stamp: n/a

VDD: n/a

Mini VDD: nv4_mini.sys

Mini VDD Date: 11/6/2007 10:30:00, 7429088 bytes

Device Identifier: {D7B71E3E-4540-11CF-0969-63A203C2CB35}

Vendor ID: 0x10DE

Device ID: 0x0600

SubSys ID: 0x82681043

Revision ID: 0x00A2

Revision ID: 0x00A2

Video Accel: ModeMPEG2_C ModeMPEG2_D ModeWMV9_B ModeWMV9_A

Deinterlace Caps: {6CB69578-7617-4637-91E5-1C02DB810285}: Format(In/Out)=(YUY2,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive {335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(YUY2,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch

{6CB69578-7617-4637-91E5-1C02DB810285}: Format(In/Out)=(UYVY,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive

{335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(UYVY,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch

{6CB69578-7617-4637-91E5-1C02DB810285}: Format(In/Out)=(YV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive

{335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(YV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch

(NV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive

{335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(NV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch

Registry: OK

DDraw Status: Enabled

D3D Status: Enabled

AGP Status: Enabled

DDraw Test Result: Not run

D3D7 Test Result: Not run

D3D8 Test Result: Not run

D3D9 Test Result: Not run

####

I appreciate the help I've gotten so far, and hope we can find a solution for this problem. :)

Regards,

Gnageren

HHEELLPP!!

i tried to log on before and all i get is this error

YOUR FOOTBALL MANAGER LIVE CLIENT SOFTWARE IS NOT COMPATIBLE WITH YOUR GAME WORLD

any advice??

oh and also im on the beta

hi mate what are u talking???

this forum is for people who have problem with football manager 2009 not football manager live,pls go to the correct forum thanks.

Need Help !!

I think i've been more successful / lucky than most on here. Ive managed to install through steam. Ive just set all my tactics/training and transfers up, played two friendly matches. All going well..until the English Trial Matches. The game was about to kick off then i get 'Graphic Error' and then launched off the game, try to to re launch, no joy but steam keeps saying ' Football Manager is already running' ! any ideas....what is with all these problems ?? Thanks in Advance

- downloaded directx sdk and upgraded graphics driver, game launches but crashes within 5 mins of starting game.

Im no pc wizz so apologies if im missing out something simple. just wanna play this game!! is it best just to get my money back and wait for all the probs to be sorted in a new patch? its the only reason i have a pc!! just waiting to pick a conference north side and take them through the leagues?!!

i appreciate you are busy but please help

cheers

The minimum specs on the back of the box and as announced on these forums and the various FM websites specify that the game will run on Intel Mac's only.

Therefore I doubt you'll be able to get it up and running on that machine, which unless I'm mistaken, is a Power PC and not an Intel Mac.

Has it been pointed out to you Miles that the website and the game box carry the Mac "Universal" Logo?, which is supposed to mean that software will run on either Power PC or Intel.

Unfortunately, for the time being, I'm pretty much out of suggestions. Well, except for..

Have you tried googling for 'S1023' to see if it pops up any relevant matches?

I have the same problem as him and maybe your Si guys can contact directx and see what the problem is? I can't play the game either due to this. thanks.

This is actually a joke..i have played the game for several years and only this year has installing been a problem i have waited for over 10 days to try and get it to work but nothing. When i go to softanchor all it says is online activation and that my trial has expired.. as i am in a place where i cannot get the internet it is very frustrating and i have no idea what to do...thanks SI for severaly ****ing up this game for alot of people.

Go to my previous comment, page or so back, I had this problem, but fixed it.

Can you check for a game in your documents folder?

When you saved did you choose a different location or the default one?

The normal location for saves are:

c:\documents and settings\<username>\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\Games

You can also get here through the start menu on Vista.

Start\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\Games

thnx for the reply steve.

i found it in the defualt one but when i save it on the d drive its not there. also the one i found does not open. when i click it it asks me what program i wanna use to open it with. it offers me steam so i click that but that just opens up steam application. what do i do tried saving it in another location many times never there!!!! im stumped!

btw im using XP

Hi.

I'm still getting error -703 after 2 days of trying. Ive gone onto the https://fm2009.sa01.softanchorinsight.com site which was reccomended but none of the instructions put up are coming up fo me. First of all it asks me to sign in with a username and password. If I sign in uner teh micro_demo it takes me to a totally different site which isnt to do with your instructions. Please help.

Sorry for not spotting this.

Right basically there are a number of things you should do. First of all completely remove all traces of FM2009 and Steam (if you have steam installed).

You'll also need to delete cache and registry files to do this do the following:

How to delete your Cache files

First of all you need to turn on hidden files and folders. Go to My Computer and at the top select 'Tools' the 'Folder Options'. The go to the 'View' tab and select 'Show hidden files and folders'

Then do the following:

Windows XP:

1. Open “My Computer”

2. Navigate to : “Documents and Settings\<Username>\Application Data\

3. Go into the “Sports Interactive” Folder.

4. Delete the “Football Manager XX” Folder.

Wndows Vista:

1. Click “Start”

2. Click your username on the start Menu

3. Click on “AppData” and then “Roaming”

4. Go into the “Sports Interactive” Folder

5. Delete the “Football Manager XX” Folder.

Mac OSX

1. Open Finder.

2. Select <User>

3. Navigate to Library\Caches\Sports Interactive

4. Remove the “Football Manager XX” Folder.

How to Delete your Registry Files

Windows XP:

1. Click “Start”

2. Click "Run"

3. Type in "Regedit"

4. Go into the HKEY_CURRENT_USER Folder

5. Go into the 'Software Folder'

6. Delete the Sports Interactive Folder

7. Go into the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE Folder

8. Go into the 'Software Folder'

9. Delete the Sports Interactive Ltd Folder

Windows Vista:

1. Click “Start”

2. Type in the search box "Regedit"

3. Go into the HKEY_CURRENT_USER Folder

4. Go into the 'Software Folder'

5. Delete the Sports Interactive Folder

6. Go into the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE Folder

7. Go into the 'Software Folder'

8. Delete the Sports Interactive Ltd Folder

Once this is all done completely reinstall the game. Once that is done add the patch (it should be done automatically if done via Steam)

Once this is done, see if the game runs and get back to me. Also if you've added any custom graphics, skins or anything else to your game please remove them for now.

Let me know how you get on. Thanks.

I tried everything before hand to solve this problem but this seems to have done the trick Thank You :), All these problems makes this more stressfull then actually being a football manager Lol im not sure i can take much more after the Activation, Graphics, Sound, Speed, Editor Problems i had to overcome.

The below instructions don't work so i'm just wondering if there has been a solution to this digital signature issue yet?

If not is there any other way that Vista users can download the latest patch without using steam (already tried with steam and it was a disaster).

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers

You receive an error when trying to install the Patch - digital signature issue (Vista)

Fix:

1. Create a shortcut on the desktop to cmd.exe (if you don’t know how to see guide below)

2. Right-click on the shortcut and select Run as administrator

3. When the command window opens, type or paste the following and press ENTER:

Bcdedit.exe /set nointegritychecks ON

4. Reboot and then try installing the driver.

Quick Guide to Creating a shortcut:

1. Right click on an empty space on the desktop to open the context menu

2. Select New

3. Select Shortcut with a left-click

4. In the location box type cmd /k Bcdedit.exe /set nointegritychecks ON 5. Select Next

6. Name your shortcut and push Finish

Hi all!

A lot of problems with the new Footy Manager then aey?

I've got one as well. Sorry if this has been discussed before, but I couldn't find it anywhere in the forum.

Basically, I downloaded the game yesterday and carried on with my demo game. Everything seemed to be running fine, graphics and all. Then, when I went to save the game it said "Save game failed." I loaded it up again and tried again but got the same message. I then tried to start a completely new game but still kept getting the same message.

I'd be SO grateful if anyone could help!

Not quite sure where my game came from though - it was a birthday present.

Thanks in advance!

Dear SI,

I have two problems with my fm2009 which i would like you to help me with:

1. i keep getting the following error;

keep reinstaling my game as the editor will not work, i keep getting this message:

c:\programe files\sports interactive\football manager 2009\tools\data editor.exe

this application has failed to start because the application configuation is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem

also some times my computer freezes and is non responsive, never had this problem before and i have a high end 1 year old hp laptop!!! i refuse to upgrade a practically new laptop.

i bought my game from amazon.co.uk and have had nothing but freezing problems

i sent the game back and they replaced it but im still getting the same problem.

i can play matches but once its finished and i click continue it freezes and i have to

re start my computer.

my friend bought a copy off the game from tesco and has no problems with it so any idea

what i can do to sort out the freezing?

Hi i have this problem have you had any help solving yours yet

Not well-formed (invalid token) at line 1 of default.xml

Not well-formed (invalid token) at line 1 of last_saved_game.xml

Sorry for the late reply, Frazori.

I realise you've stated un-installing/re-installing on probably more than one occasion. However, assuming you haven't done so already, I'd suggest you do so again, but this time make sure it's a complete removal of all your FM 09 related files.

To do so, you'll need to do the following:

- Run the un-installer

-

How to complete a Manual Uninstall

To Remove the Game files follow these steps:

Windows XP

1: Open “My Computer”

2: Navigate to “C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive

Windows Vista

1: Click “Start”

2: Click “Computer”

3: Navigate to “C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive

If you have more than one version of the game installed (For example, you have FM2007 and FM2008 installed) and only wish to remove one then go into the Sports Interactive Folder and delete the folder of the game you wish to remove.

Next you need to remove save games and other content (your saved games are in the 'games' folder - move its content out of here if you wish to keep your saved games)

Windows XP:

1: Open “My Computer”

2: Navigate to “C:\Documents and Settings\<Name>\My Documents”

Vista:

1: Click on “Start”

2: Click on “Computer”

3: Navagate to “C:\Users\<Name>\Documents”

Look for the Sports Interactive Folder and follow the same steps for the game files.

Next remove your Cache files

First of all you need to turn on hidden files and folders. Go to My Computer and at the top select 'Tools' the 'Folder Options'. The go to the 'View' tab and select 'Show hidden files and folders'

Windows XP:

1. Open “My Computer”

2. Navigate to : “Documents and Settings\<Username>\Application Data\

3. Go into the “Sports Interactive” Folder.

4. Delete the “Football Manager XX” Folder.

Wndows Vista:

1. Click “Start”

2. Click your username on the start Menu

3. Click on “AppData” and then “Roaming”

4. Go into the “Sports Interactive” Folder

5. Delete the “Football Manager XX” Folder.

Mac OSX

1. Open Finder.

2. Select <User>

3. Navigate to Library\Caches\Sports Interactive

4. Remove the “Football Manager XX” Folder.

How to Delete your Registry Files

Finally you will need to edit your registry to remove information Sports Interactive stores there.

To do this follow these steps:

Windows Xp

2: Click on “Run”

3: In the text prompt box type “regedit”

4: Navigate to:

Windows Vista

2: In the Search box type “regedit”

3: Navigate to: “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\

4: Delete the “Sports Interactive Ltd” Folder.

Note: Please do not tamper with anything else in this folder, your registry is very sensitive and changing something could cause your computer to malfunction.

Once all the steps above are complete your computer will be completely uninstalled.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=64821

Once you've done all of the above, try a re-install, get the patch, and try to run a new game or one of your backed up saved games.

Give this a go, and see how it goes. Alternatively, if you've performed this in one of your previous un-installs to no avail, please let me know too.

i bought my game from amazon.co.uk and have had nothing but freezing problems

i sent the game back and they replaced it but im still getting the same problem.

i can play matches but once its finished and i click continue it freezes and i have to

re start my computer.

my friend bought a copy off the game from tesco and has no problems with it so any idea

what i can do to sort out the freezing?

Hi i have this problem have you had any help solving yours yet

Have either of you tried to play the game in 'Windowed' mode?

You can do so via Options -> Preferences -> Display & Sound -> Display Mode (drop menu).

that it cannot connect to the internet, i tried going through the stages again but at fix3 when it comes to loading the response it fails with code -7

Quite strange.

Unfortunately, I'm unfamiliar with this error code.

Have you tried emailing errors@uniloc.com your problem?

Alternatively, how about attempting to activate your game on the phone? Details can be found at http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=65579.

Finally, if you're still struggling with this, I'd recommend talking to or mailing Customer Services - here:

http://help.sega.com/?group=englishuk&t=EnglishUK

Sorry I can't be of more immediate help.

Had no problems initially, but now when the game starts to load, it shuts down and I get the following message:

XML parsing error!

syntax error at line 1 of last_saved_game.xml

for (;;);{"t":"continue"}

Was wondering if any of the mods could help with this problem????????

Originally Posted by DJBell

Had no problems initially, but now when the game starts to load, it shuts down and I get the following message:

XML parsing error!

syntax error at line 1 of last_saved_game.xml

for (;;);{"t":"continue"}

Have you two tried..

Other XML Errors

"not well-formed (invalid token) at line 1 of last_saved_game.xml"

The game says it cannot be loaded

This can sometimes be resolved it by defragmenting the hard drive.

Open and run Disk Defragmenter by doing the following:

Windows XP

2: Click “My Computer”

3: Right Click the local Disk that contains the FM2009 installation.

4: Go to “Tools”

5: Click “Defragment Now”

6: Click “Anylise”

7: Click “Report” – Check to see if the saved game that is not loading is listed as having missing fragments.

If it does have missing fragments then move the save to an external source (USB Memory Key, External Hard Drive) and try loading the game fro there. If the game works from the external source then running a full Defrag on the Drive should allow you to load it again. If not then your game is probably corrupted.

Windows Vista

2: Click “Computer”

3: Right Click the local Disk that contains the FM2009 installation.

4: Select “Preferences”

5: Select “Tools”

6: Select “Check Disk”

7: Select “Start”

If the Save Game was showing any missing fragments then try to load the game again as Check Disk would have attempted to fix the problem. If that does not work follow the steps from Windows XP. Copy the file to an external source and attempt to run it from there. If successful defrag the Hard Disk and then try again.

Dear SI,

keep reinstaling my game as the editor will not work, i keep getting this message:

c:\programe files\sports interactive\football manager 2009\tools\data editor.exe

this application has failed to start because the application configuation is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem

also some times my computer freezes and is non responsive, never had this problem before and i have a high end 1 year old hp laptop!!! i refuse to upgrade a practically new laptop.

The editor issue should be solved by performing the following:

XP Users

Click the links below and download the two files, then install the files in the order they are listed here. When the installation of the last file is complete re-start the computer.

Microsoft .NET Framework Version 2.0 Redistributable Package

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 SP1 (This is a cumulative bug fix for the file above)

(Please note, these files require Windows Service Pack 2 or above being installed on your computer to run).

Vista Users

First download and install these two files and when installation is finished re-start the computer

Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5

Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1

As for the poor response times, hopefully this will be improved, if not eradicated, with the release of the next patch as the game code is further optimised for faster/better performance.

To my knowledge, the freezing instances is not as much of an issue if you run the game in 'Windowed' mode.

The below instructions don't work so i'm just wondering if there has been a solution to this digital signature issue yet?

If not is there any other way that Vista users can download the latest patch without using steam (already tried with steam and it was a disaster).

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers

You receive an error when trying to install the Patch - digital signature issue (Vista)

Fix:

1. Create a shortcut on the desktop to cmd.exe (if you don’t know how to see guide below)

2. Select New

4. In the location box type cmd /k Bcdedit.exe /set nointegritychecks ON 5. Select Next

There are numerous links to download the patch independantly at http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=60961.

Hi.

I'm still getting error -703 after 2 days of trying. Ive gone onto the https://fm2009.sa01.softanchorinsight.com site which was reccomended but none of the instructions put up are coming up fo me. First of all it asks me to sign in with a username and password. If I sign in uner teh micro_demo it takes me to a totally different site which isnt to do with your instructions. Please help.

Have you tried performing the instructions described at http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=65715?

i found it in the defualt one but when i save it on the d drive its not there. also the one i found does not open. when i click it it asks me what program i wanna use to open it with. it offers me steam so i click that but that just opens up steam application. what do i do tried saving it in another location many times never there!!!! im stumped!

btw im using XP

Seeing as you're on XP, your saved games should be located at either:

C:\My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\games

Why don't you try saving your games to your C:\ drive instead?

Alternatively, for simplicity's sake, maybe it would be a good idea to re-install FM 09 to your C:\ drive, if you're still having problems with this.

Hey guys, seems like ur doing a pretty good job in a fairly dire situation.

My problem comes while playing the game. I have a macbook that meets all the specifications required, however after a couple of minutes of play the game does some funky things. The game does not not properly respond when i click on anything. I cannot click on players to access their profiles or change transfer enquiries to loan enquiries..it wont even respond to clicking on the quit button.

Please help SI boffs!

Have you installed the Mac v9.1.1 patch?

If not, http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=69146

btw im using XP

When you go to save the game the save should activate the dialogue which allows you to navigate to where you want to save the game or when you load you can navigate to where the saved game has been put.

You don't load a saved game by clicking on it, you highlight it and click "open" inside the game.

Dear SI,

Computer Freeze - Does this continue if you leave the game alone for a minute or two? Did you update to 9.1.0?

Editor not working - You may need to install the .net framework.

This is available here:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=0856eacb-4362-4b0d-8edd-aab15c5e04f5&displaylang=en

Download and install the software and give it another go.

Cheers.

Hi again! Still have my "can't read database" problem. Maybe it's not an iteresting one for you people in SI, or maybe you just don't know what it is, but I CAN'T PLAY like a whole lot of people here. So I see you answering about nearly every problem and it's good for those people who are stuck. Could you please tell me what the **** is wrong with that thing ? I'm not the only one with this problem. So could you just tell me something even if it's that you don't know what it is...

The worst thing is not to know what's going on. I mean is someone looking into this problem ? Or you don't give a damn ? Thx for answering.

you lot should be happy with si staffs help. no one has responded to any of my questions so final attempt before i decide not to buy football manager 2009

ANY UPDATES SI STAFF ON THE SIS GRAPHICS PROBLEMS?

ALSO WHEN I PUT PATCH FOR FM09 DEMO TO MAKE SURE IT WORKED OK IT GOES THRU SCREENS THEN COMES UP BLACK WITH L IN BOTTOM CORNER DOESNT RUN ANY FURTHER.

ALSO WANTED TO KNOW IF OR WHEN A FIX FOR SIS GRAPHICS CARD WOULD BE SORTED OUT!!!

The only thing that happened was that it timed out, giving me the following error;

Connection Interrupted

The network link was interrupted while negotiating a connection. Please try again.

I tried with both IE and Firefox. Here is a summary of my dxdiag (i doubt it has anything to do with my hardware);

I don't think it's a hardware issue either.

I've forwarded your issue onto Sega support to see if they have any ideas what might be causing your prolbem.

When I hear back I'll let you know.

Cheers.

Connection Interrupted

I've forwarded your issue onto Sega support to see if they have any ideas what might be causing your prolbem.

Cheers.

Edit: Sega got back to me quickly, I've sent you an email using your address from your login, let me know if you've gotten it okay.

Edit 2: Got bounced back to me, have asked Sega themsevles to try.

you lot should be happy with si staffs help. no one has responded to any of my questions so final attempt before i decide not to buy football manager 2009

ANY UPDATES SI STAFF ON THE SIS GRAPHICS PROBLEMS?

ALSO WHEN I PUT PATCH FOR FM09 DEMO TO MAKE SURE IT WORKED OK IT GOES THRU SCREENS THEN COMES UP BLACK WITH L IN BOTTOM CORNER DOESNT RUN ANY FURTHER.

ALSO WANTED TO KNOW IF OR WHEN A FIX FOR SIS GRAPHICS CARD WOULD BE SORTED OUT!!!

SIS Graphics cards have been mentioned many times on this forum. The answer is still the same, we are trying to fix it and we are getting it checked in house and out house for the next patch.

Digital Signature:

Fix:

2. Select New

After downloading the graphic upgrade from the MIcrosoft site I can now launch the programme but when I do the SI Games logo jerks very slowly into view, the anti racism image appeasrs extremely faintly and then all i get is a black screen with a flickering image in the bottom right hand corner of the screen for about 10mins, then the programme closes.

Any ideas what this problem may be?

I'll keep trawling through the forums to see if you have answered this elsewhere.

sis graphics cards have been mentioned many times on this forum. The answer is still the same, we are trying to fix it and we are getting it checked in house and out house for the next patch.

Digital signature:

thanks for that steve.

I know you guys are working tirelessly on these problems. But just as generaliisation are we talking before or after xmas will this patch likely to be? Only reason i ask is cos my other half wants to buy it for me for xmas but id rather buy it myself if patch comes out beforehand.

Also with the drivers thingy

is it the same steps as im running windows xp?

Cheers.

Edit: Sega got back to me quickly, I've sent you an email using your address from your login, let me know if you've gotten it okay.

Appreciate the help. I have a better e-mail that can be used if needed. I'm a bit hesitant of displaying it here on the forum as it would be my work mail. Is there another way I can give you the address? Did not see an option to send you a PM.

Regards,

gnageren

After downloading the graphic upgrade from the MIcrosoft site I can now launch the programme but when I do the SI Games logo jerks very slowly into view, the anti racism image appeasrs extremely faintly and then all i get is a black screen with a flickering image in the bottom right hand corner of the screen for about 10mins, then the programme closes.

Any ideas what this problem may be?

I'll keep trawling through the forums to see if you have answered this elsewhere.

Have you seen..

White & Black Screen Issues

There are three probable causes for you getting a white or black frozen screen upon starting the game.

The First reason could be that your Cache files have become corrupted and deleting them will fix the issue.

To do this follow either of these paths depending on your Operating System.

Windows XP:

C:\Users\<User Name\App Data\

Vista:

C:\Users\<User Name>\App Data\Roaming

Once you can see inside those folders delete the Sports Interactive Folder.

If you can’t see those folders you will have to make “Hidden” files viewable.

For Vista:

In a window, go to 'Organize'->'Folder and Search Options'->'View'-> and select 'Show hidden files and folders'.

For XP:

Make sure you are able to see hidden folders:

When in a window, go to 'Tools'->'Folder Options'->'View'-> and make sure 'Show hidden files and folders' is selected.

If this doesn’t solve your issue then please follow the steps for updating your Java / Graphics Card drivers from the “How too” section above. These are the most common reasons for the black/white screen issues.

..?

Appreciate the help. I have a better e-mail that can be used if needed. I'm a bit hesitant of displaying it here on the forum as it would be my work mail. Is there another way I can give you the address? Did not see an option to send you a PM.

Regards,

gnageren

feel free to PM me it.

The links are at the top of the page.

Cheers.

feel free to PM me it.

The links are at the top of the page.

Done! :) I'll keep an eye on my inbox.

Archived