Known issues and solutions - FAQ

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry to repeat other requests but you still haven't got around to my question.

It's clearly an issue with FM as all other applications work fine including more demanding games. To recap- My mouse does not function correctly whilst playing fm, it skips most of the time. I've installed the additional pack that SI suggested and obviously using the patch. In addition to that I have no driver issues all are up to date.

I know it's not a major problem but it is far from ideal. Hopefully someone can give me some advice.

can anyone tell me the best way to uninstall through Steam, and re-install again...??

Hey Marmoo, just right click on the game in steam and select "delete local content" thats the same as uninstalling

I'd just like to say that this is a F*CKING SHAMBLES and SI should be totally ashamed. Here's my situation, which I'm sure is far from unique. At length, I got the code to activate it (steam finally decided to let me see my activation code). Of course, when I tried to activate, it said the code was invalid. I proceeded to use SI's proposed"know fix" (laughable), which involved uninstalling the game and deleting the registry, rebooting, reinstalling and trying again, and guess what...SAME F*CKING SH*T. I got the "invalid code" message again.

Let my just say, when I finally do get this game to work, it better be F*CKING AWESOME or I'm never paying for another game in this series again.

Mac Patch?

Can Neil, or any other Administrator AT THE VERY LEAST, update us with the Patch that is currently crippling most Mac users.

At 1pm today, I was told it would be hopefully done today. How far along did you get? Is it ready for tomorrow?

PLEASE JUST LET US KNOW!!! ITS THE LEAST YOU CAN DO.

Anyone else starting to feel like they have been conned out of their money?

please can anyone help ? I installed footy manager 09 activated it then when i try and load it up the sig sign comes up then it changes to black screen with L bottom right corner then it stays like that for hours . do u think it might be a dodgy copy ?????? anyone else get this trouble ????

Finally I've got it to start....

I would suggest anyone having problems downloading the patch get Firefox first then download patch, just don't it at the Guru's suggestion and it bloody works

ive tryed everything,

new grapics drivers

update java

update .net framework

got patch from 3 diff places

used steam

used the normal install

still cant get past the ****ing "fm 09 has encountered a problem and needs to close we are sorry for any inconvenience.

PLEASE HELP SOMEONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Finally I've got it to start....

I would suggest anyone having problems downloading the patch get Firefox first then download patch, just don't it at the Guru's suggestion and it bloody works

Was there ever any solutions for the 'fm.exe has encountered a problem and had to close. sorry for the inconvenience' problem? Im still getting it and i have all the latest graphics card drivers, patch and directX sdk

Help....

see my above post..

Quick question

Bought FM from a shop and installed via the disk with any problems, added the game to steam along with clicking 'activate a product on steam' (well I thought this would a register the game but it didn't), now Steam wants to download FM now even though its been installed from the disk, so anyway to remove the game from Steam so i doesn't end up downloading FM and using 1 of the 4 'activation counts' left.

Mac Patch?

Can Neil, or any other Administrator AT THE VERY LEAST, update us with the Patch that is currently crippling most Mac users.

At 1pm today, I was told it would be hopefully done today. How far along did you get? Is it ready for tomorrow?

PLEASE JUST LET US KNOW!!! ITS THE LEAST YOU CAN DO.

Anyone else starting to feel like they have been conned out of their money?

A status update was provided already in the main Mac thread:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=61331&page=25

AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH' date=' SO FRUSTRATED WITH THIS.

These forums are an absolute mess and are giving me a headache trying to navigate around, the first post of this thread is great but when you get past those problems there's no guidance as to where to go next. Any advice given by mods quickly gets lost, this advice/help needs to be stickied like the first post.

No-one from Sega/Si has bothered responding to my request in here or on the technical forum for 48 hours.

FM09 still works for me through steam but crashes every other match and is incredibly slow. When I try in windows mode it just crashes. I've downloaded everything I can find on these forums to download, but still no joy when it comes to FM09.

I bought this game Friday, spent the whole of Fri/Sat/Sun trying to activate it, download updates and struggle through a handful of weeks playing the game. From what I've seen of the game so far, I can't see any improvements apart from the Assistant Manager's role. I've then spent Monday evening and tonight trawling through these forums trying to find answers to my questions to no avail.

PLEASE, PLEASE, someone from Si/Sega sort this all out before I and probably many others just give up and take the game back.

Peter[/quote']

Hi Peter,

Sorry to hear of your frustration. The graphics card you have is one of the few that are causing problems for the game and is below the minimum specifications. We've been trying to get some of these in-house, but they're tricky to find, but once we do we'll be taking a closer look at them to see if we can work out what's going on and whether we can solve these issues.

I've just posted a thread on this, and I stupidly forgot to check for a sticky on the subject, so I am sorry...

I, like many others, was stuck on Launch Day waiting for SoftAnchor to authorise. It eventually did, Hooray!

But, I live in an area with terrible connection, so one day I will be connected, the next day and following month I will recieve no internet connection, and no phone signal. Yes, I live in the A!!!!ole of nowhere. (No comments, I know how awful it is).

But I can't play offline, Steam is fine and I can enter it Via the Offline Mode. The problem comes from another SoftAnchor message, the one that plagued everyone on November the 17th. I have tried downloading the Activator patch, loading FM straight from its File, I have sacrificed three virgins to the Moon God - Miles, now I'm currently experiencing a rare online period and I need help desperately.

When I'm online, it works perfectly, I open Steam and I Launch Football Manager and I try and make Fulham successful (a thankless task).

But, as soon as I'm offline, Open Steam, Launch Football Manager, SoftAnchor attacks and destroys my hopes of escaping this mundane exsistence!!!

Please Obi Wan Konebi (or <insert name here> ) You're my only hope...

Also, if I dont recieve the answer, there's a high probabality I will create a giant deathstar and destroy whole planets, as I'm a little peed....

I hav a boxed version, Activiated via Steam (obviously) have the 9.0.1 patch...and i think thats it...

Thank You Muchly

Edit...Just got online, still asking me for Product Key, says I need a new one...so now my problem is...I need a new key...Hooray, more problems!

I've just posted a thread on this, and I stupidly forgot to check for a sticky on the subject, so I am sorry...

I, like many others, was stuck on Launch Day waiting for SoftAnchor to authorise. It eventually did, Hooray!

But, I live in an area with terrible connection, so one day I will be connected, the next day and following month I will recieve no internet connection, and no phone signal. Yes, I live in the A!!!!ole of nowhere. (No comments, I know how awful it is).

But I can't play offline, Steam is fine and I can enter it Via the Offline Mode. The problem comes from another SoftAnchor message, the one that plagued everyone on November the 17th. I have tried downloading the Activator patch, loading FM straight from its File, I have sacrificed three virgins to the Moon God - Miles, now I'm currently experiencing a rare online period and I need help desperately.

When I'm online, it works perfectly, I open Steam and I Launch Football Manager and I try and make Fulham successful (a thankless task).

But, as soon as I'm offline, Open Steam, Launch Football Manager, SoftAnchor attacks and destroys my hopes of escaping this mundane exsistence!!!

Please Obi Wan Konebi (or <insert name here> ) You're my only hope...

Also, if I dont recieve the answer, there's a high probabality I will create a giant deathstar and destroy whole planets, as I'm a little peed....

I hav a boxed version, Activiated via Steam (obviously) have the 9.0.1 patch...and i think thats it...

Thank You Muchly

Edit...Just got online, still asking me for Product Key, says I need a new one...so now my problem is...I need a new key...Hooray, more problems!

Hi there - please PM me - I'll be able to resolve these issues

I downloaded FM09 of steam, it was all working perfectly until My laptop shutdown uexpectedly while playing a match,

As i tried to play FM09 again, everytime i try to start a match he game crashes and the following messages apear

Not well-formed (invalid token) at line 1 of highlights.xml

Not well-formed (invalid token) at line 1 of speed.xml

I re-installed it and dowloaded the latest graphic, but the same messages appear.

I would appreciate any assitance

thankyou

I'm so fed up with this game already, steam doesnt work at all, ive de-installed and reinstalled the game but i cannot create a shortcut on the fm2009 so cant access it. Probably take it back to the shop tomorrow, cant be arsed any more.. Used, i repeat used to be my favourite game

Right, Can you please please please stop answering the same questions over and over again.

and have a go with mine, which ive asked several times, and have never seen it answered.

if people cant be bothered to read the thread for answers, then they dont deserve to play.

Right, i have downloaded the game from steam, i have patched it, i have downloaded the Framework, and i have also got The service pack for it, i have also downloaded the 500mb direct x SDK, My Graphics card has the latest drivers - The Demo worked on this computer also.

Right and now my problem.

When I launch the Program, With or without steam., it says my trail period has expired and asks me for my Product Key. so i put it in, Next it acticated successfully, and thanks me. The Installation of Football Manager 2009 certificate has been activated under product key: xxx.

so i press ok, Then - Nothing! nothing at all, it doesnt launch.

So when i go back to starting the program, it does it all again, Product key, Thank you, nothing. Product key, Thank you, nothing, Product key, Thank you, nothing, Product key, Thank you, nothing.

HELP PLEASE!

Thank you

ive tryed everything,

new grapics drivers

update java

update .net framework

got patch from 3 diff places

used steam

used the normal install

still cant get past the ****ing "fm 09 has encountered a problem and needs to close we are sorry for any inconvenience.

PLEASE HELP SOMEONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can anyone shed some light on this please from SI?

can't load patch v9.1

after download the patch v9.1 it does't appear when start a new game and it still the version 9.0 and in the editor when load the database the only choice is default v9.0 what's the problem or what i haven't done?

Right, Can you please please please stop answering the same questions over and over again.

and have a go with mine, which ive asked several times, and have never seen it answered.

if people cant be bothered to read the thread for answers, then they dont deserve to play.

Right, i have downloaded the game from steam, i have patched it, i have downloaded the Framework, and i have also got The service pack for it, i have also downloaded the 500mb direct x SDK, My Graphics card has the latest drivers - The Demo worked on this computer also.

When I launch the Program, With or without steam., it says my trail period has expired and asks me for my Product Key. so i put it in, Next it acticated successfully, and thanks me. The Installation of Football Manager 2009 certificate has been activated under product key: xxx.

So when i go back to starting the program, it does it all again, Product key, Thank you, nothing. Product key, Thank you, nothing, Product key, Thank you, nothing, Product key, Thank you, nothing.

HELP PLEASE!

Thank you

All i want to do, is Manage Man City and spend the Sheikh's Billions

I have been posting on here since friday and i have just basically had no help whatsoever!!!!!!!!!!!

i have also emailed their support from the sega website and been emailing one of their guys but they reply about once every three or 4 days and they are just no help at all.....

in the end i ended up figuring out how to fix the problem myself.

If anyone is having problems with the 3D match including the screen going black and/or the computer reseting when you try get into match mode then try this if you have Nvidia graphics.

Go into START

Then into CONTROL PANEL

Then into ADDITIONAL OPTIONS

Then NVIDIA CONTROL PANEL

Then there should be a display bar showing the proportion that you graphics is set to with regards to PERFORMANCE and QUALITY.

Choose to manually configure that, and move the bar down right down to PERFORMANCE,

go into the game and you should be able to watch the 3D match.

I don't know if this works with graphics other than NVIDIA but if your computers a graphics control panel then see if its the same

Hey can any of you guys help me out, this is my problem but no one from SI seems bothered!!!!!!!!!!

Installation: Successfulwith errors.

10 Successes

1 Warnings

1 NonFatalErrors

0 FatalErrors

Action Notes:

None

Install Log Detail:

Execute Script/Batch file: Steam InternetCheck.exe

Get Registry Entry: Key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Valve\Steam

Value Name: InternetConnectivity

Check Disk Space: C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009

Additional Notes: NOTE - Required Disk Space: 223,090,694; Free Disk Space: 23,604,281,344

Install Action: Jump To: Next Steam Label -- Prev: NO JUMP

Install Directory: C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\

Get Registry Entry: Key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Valve\Steam\

Value Name: InstallPath

Additional Notes: WARNING - Win32Exception

Execute Script/Batch file: Install Steam

Execute Command: "$IA_STEAM_INSTALLPATH$\steam.exe" -install $INSTALLER_LAUNCH_DIR$\..\..\..\..\thirdparty\stea m\fm2009\

Install File: C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\saAuditMD.dll

Execute Uninstaller: $USER_INSTALL_DIR$$/$Uninstall $PRODUCT_NAME

Additional Notes: ERROR - No uninstaller existed in the directory

I'm encountering the "fm.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close" error.

The send report says the following:

AppName: fm.exe AppVer: 9.1.0.26064 ModName: fm.exe

ModVer: 9.1.0.26064 Offset: 00fdc281

Any ideas? I notice alot of other customers are also experiencing the problem

After updating the Graphics problem (directx software) I had it working on 13th November,Perfectly. Restarted the computer and I now get the above message, It has been nothing but problems to be honest since i purchased, never had these problems on 2008 or other games.

I am so disappointed, I have spent many hours of my life working copiously through these messy forums looking for ANY kind of solution to this problem.

I really feel for anyone who is not technically clued in when it is comes to computers they must be properly stuck.

By the way SI I can do alot more with £30 than have a broken game on my Hard-drive

PLEASE PLEASE CAN ANYONE HELPPP

I'm having problems with the XML Parsing error. I have uninstalled it and reinstalled it - doesnt change anything. I authenticated it with steam - bought the physical copy of the game. Bought a whole new pc so i could play the game - managed to play 3/4 games and then this happened-

'not well-formed (invalid token) at line 1 of speed.xml'

have tried renaming the fm.exe file in the steam folder to the '--reset_preferences' but when i double click that - it doesnt work, and then when i try to work it via steam it says the game is unavailable. Please help - have spent so much money (£350 in total) to play this game

Thanks!

HELP PLEASE!

Thank you

anyone out there?

I've downloaded the patch, and when trying to install it I get an error when it reaches file 149. Then when I try and start up FM, it comes up with an error and tells me FM has to be closed down. Doesn't even load up at all.

I did download the patch on my home computer and copied it to a disk so I could get it on my laptop. Not sure if that would of caused a problem.

have you tried checking if you have the right key at

check your key at http://keycheck.fm2009.softanchorinsight.com ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonafide85 View Post

Had a problem with the activation.

I says:

"Activation failed with error -819. Please make sure you use the correct key and try again."

looked through Threads in here and didn't find anything about error -819.

have you tried checking if you have the right key at

check your key at http://keycheck.fm2009.softanchorinsight.com ?

Yeah I've checked that, and i have entered the correct key, and I've download the activator from the link from In here.

I keep getting the same error.

i have been having many problems check out these posts

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=66584

i have updated all drivers, patch etc but i tryed to get the patch thru this forum instead of steam and im getting this error unable to locate component- saAuditMD.dll was not found

i was playing a few days ago everything was great then it wouldnt let me see the shirts on the tactics screen and makea sub druing the game half-time is ok please help

I'm having problems with the XML Parsing error. I have uninstalled it and reinstalled it - doesnt change anything. I authenticated it with steam - bought the physical copy of the game. Bought a whole new pc so i could play the game - managed to play 3/4 games and then this happened-

'not well-formed (invalid token) at line 1 of speed.xml'

have tried renaming the fm.exe file in the steam folder to the '--reset_preferences' but when i double click that - it doesnt work, and then when i try to work it via steam it says the game is unavailable. Please help - have spent so much money (£350 in total) to play this game

Thanks!

You need to make sure you put a space before-- ie after "SPACE(IE SPACE BAR)--

Can anyone shed some light on this please from SI?

Managed to get FM2009 up and running last night. I had the fm.exe encountered problems and needs to close issue.....

List of what I did before it started working again.

1. Updated the dotfix.net thingy as suggested by SI. Effect - no change; same error occuring. Then reinstalled fm2009 but still no joy.

2. Used latest patch (165mb) from link on the threads above (was it Mirror 4 UK?? - can't remember). Effect - change; but still didn't load - came up with error stating 'graphics card not sufficient'. Did not reinstall fm 2009.

3. Updated dxdsk drivers as suggested (massive 460mb file). First time installation did not complete as there was an 'Error SIS0010' or something similar. Tried FM2009 just in case. Effect - same as 2 above.

4. Tried again with dxdsk - Installed correctly. Effect - FM2009 WORKS. Loaded fine and runs okish. Small minor bugs still but works ok and only 2D effect available.

I had a Radeon 9700 graphics card so I did hear that wasn't good enough. Anyhow message to LIVEWIRE, STEDDERS and BIGAL81. Try above again and make sure all patches and installations work correctly.

Let me know how you get on.

I'm encountering the "fm.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close" error.

The send report says the following:

AppName: fm.exe AppVer: 9.1.0.26064 ModName: fm.exe

ModVer: 9.1.0.26064 Offset: 00fdc281

Any ideas? I notice alot of other customers are also experiencing the problem

After updating the Graphics problem (directx software) I had it working on 13th November,Perfectly. Restarted the computer and I now get the above message, It has been nothing but problems to be honest since i purchased, never had these problems on 2008 or other games.

I am so disappointed, I have spent many hours of my life working copiously through these messy forums looking for ANY kind of solution to this problem.

I really feel for anyone who is not technically clued in when it is comes to computers they must be properly stuck.

By the way SI I can do alot more with £30 than have a broken game on my Hard-drive

PLEASE PLEASE CAN ANYONE HELPPP

I had the same problem. see my message above.

Quote:

Originally Posted by superbladeash

Does anyone no how to acces windowed mode, its currently greyed out

What operating system are you using and how did you install the game (e.g. boxed copy or through Steam)?

I bought the game from GAME... and its using steam to launch it.

Now it would be fantastic if someone would give me an answer after almost 24 hrs ,expecially considering that it took the cashier 24 seconds to take the money and I only have 9 days left to return the game.

When you do answer if you do plese don't use jargon as I am new to this ( iwish i never had to join) so send me a PM or I sent you a PM for be could be past midday or pesonal message i haven got a clue....

Quote:

Originally Posted by franco1703

Ok i firstly had Can't set up graphics downloaded your stuff, then update steam, then downloaded the patch, my drives are up to date (the last update avaliable is 2004). Now i have same problem a clock and a L and then it closes after a while sayng it can run and had to be closed.

I had no problems of any sort with FM2008 with maximum set up (like 20 playable leagues)

My card is a VIA/S3G Unichrome PRO IGP

Now my point is you mad life miserable to hundres of people and u never mantion before that new game requirements were so high.

Just tell me will i be able to run this game or not as I have limited time to bring the game back and get a refund.

THIS IS MY 4th POST and none of you as bothere even aknowledge it CAN I RUN THIS GAME OR NOT ? SO I CAN THEN BRING IT BACK TO THE SHOP , WHAT PART OF THE ENGLISH SENTENCE " THERE IS A LIMITED TIME TO BRING IT BACK" DON't YOU UNDERSTAND ? THIS IS A WONDERFULL WAY OF THANKING A LOYAL FAN WHO BOUGHT THE VERY FIRST " SCUDETTO" WHEN I WAS STILL IN ITALY MORE THEN 10 YEARS AGO AND THE ORIGAL FM ON THE COMMODORE 64 now just teanswer me please

Archived