Marc Duffy

Known issues and solutions - FAQ

5,539 posts in this topic

I aprreciate your efforts here guys but Ive posted my problem a few times and no feedback as yet!!
PLZ help, a cant stand another day of this!!!!

[quote name='Jayyidthfc']wont read disk? any ideas,been trying to get in touch for 4 days and no f****r will reply/answer.please help.[/QUOTE]

If it works on your missus' machine then there must be something up with your laptop's drive with this particular DVD. The disk is fine if it shows up elsewhere.

Do you not see anything at all on your laptop?

fm.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

The error message is the following:
AppName: fm.exe AppVer: 9.0.0.23544 ModName: fm.exe
ModVer: 9.0.0.23544 Offset: 00f040d3
-----------------------------------------------------------
I have the above issue but I have downloaded the Dxsdk file.

I have problems with Microsoft re the Rapidshare Certificate as with others.

I sense a number of us are getting close to resolving our issue, come on SI one last push!!

I am on a Macbook, and my game worked fine. I have tried to start up FM this evening and get the below error. I have tried uninstalling and re installing, but to no avail.

Error message - "The application Football Manager 2009 v 9 . 0 . 0 f 23552 quit unexpectedly."

How do i fix this?! i really want to play!

[quote name='Jayyidthfc']wont read disk? any ideas,been trying to get in touch for 4 days and no f****r will reply/answer.please help.[/QUOTE]

try running msconfig and disk cleanup

Not one suggestion on how to solve this problem. I managed to get the game runing on my 4 year old pc tonight but the old beast only ran for 3 matches before it froze. Please guys help us out.

It would sure be nice if one SI person could answer some WWSM questions in this thread: [url]http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=61764&page=2[/url]. We have been asking for days in multiple threads and all you do is ignore us. You have a large number of very ****ed off customers who would like to see some cutomer service out of SI.

[quote name='tom34smiles']Not one suggestion on how to solve this problem. I managed to get the game runing on my 4 year old pc tonight but the old beast only ran for 3 matches before it froze. Please guys help us out.[/QUOTE

do you have the latest graphics drivers?aslo are u running it in windowed mode which seems to be better

[quote name='ericpatton']It would sure be nice if one SI person could answer some WWSM questions in this thread: [url]http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=61764&page=2[/url]. We have been asking for days in multiple threads and all you do is ignore use. You have a large number of very ****ed off customers who would like to see some cutomer service out of SI.[/QUOTE]

Hi Eric - looking now

i just recently purchased the game and i had the graphics problem i downloaded the link but every time i launch the game theres a l in the bottom right hand corner is this still a graphics problem or is there anything i can do to run a compatibility check thanks in advance for any help be well appreciated ?

what does error -1 signify?

i believe i have solved my 703 error but its been replace by 1.

any help is greatly appreciated.

I am on a Macbook, and my game worked fine. I have tried to start up FM this evening and get the below error. I have tried uninstalling and re installing, but to no avail.

Error message - "The application Football Manager 2009 v 9 . 0 . 0 f 23552 quit unexpectedly."

[quote name='mooreso1985']i just recently purchased the game and i had the graphics problem i downloaded the link but every time i launch the game theres a l in the bottom right hand corner is this still a graphics problem or is there anything i can do to run a compatibility check thanks in advance for any help be well appreciated ?[/QUOTE]

Drop me a PM.

Hi

I appriciate that you've been busy over the last few days, and probably in need of a good holiday!

The problem I have been having with FM2009 is freezing after confirming my team selection, the confusing thing about this is that sometimes it freezes and sometimes it doesn't!

I had the issue with them demo but got round this by playing the game in windowed mode, after purchasing the game from Zaavi on release the windowed mode is now greyed out and can not be selected. I have tried playing the game in different resolutions which I can view. If i get the game to load the match screen it works perfectly for the rest of that session. When stop playing (usually around 5am!) and go back to it the next day and try and play it, it will freeze 9 times out of 10. It asks me to confirm team selection then the computer stops responding. When opening task manager the CPU is running at around 50% and the Physical Memory around 44%. It seems strange that if I can get into the first game then it runs fine for the rest of the session.

The system I'm using is a Dell Inspiron 531 with AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual
Core Processor 6000+ 3.00Ghz using Vista and 4.00GB RAM with a NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430 with 512MB with all the updated drivers. I have downloaded via steam and also directly and am using version 9.1 when the game opens up. Also downloaded the new direct x software.

I apologise for this strange query but there seems to be no obvious answer to me but it seems strange that it works sometimes and not others.

A speedy reply would be greatful but it is 11pm and I assume you've got hundreds/thousands of similar random quieries. But thanks for taking your time to read this.

RECEIVED FROM NEIL

Hi Andy,

We're still investigating as to why this happens, but the information you've provided here may be useful to us so I will pass it on to the programmers tomorrow when they're back in office.

You can still force the game into Windowed mode.

Do you know how to use command line options on the FM shortcut? You need to right-click on your FM shortcut and select "Properties".

In the "Target" field, you need to append --windowed --small_screen on the end.

E.g.
"C:/Program Files/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2009/fm.exe" --windowed --small_screen

If these instructions are too vague, let me know and I'll try and get back to you with a more detailed step-by-step process.

And yes, very busy and very in need of a holiday.

Neil

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This didn't work for me, bit hopefully get to the end soon. There are a few requests for this but with no answers, so I thought I'd post this reply to help anyone who may of had this same problem. Also I aslo heard disabling the sound in windows and im FM may also help, not for me but maybe some!
Hope this may help someone to enjoy the game, and lets not sit here moaning and try and be helpful as possible to resolve these issues!

Why do non mac users have to activate the game, when mac users dont? Why has the game been released for general sale with so many problems. Surely the game was tested before hand.

I am not a tecno boffin and so would not have a clue how to start doing half the things mentioned on this forum. But then why should one have to? I understand teething problems.....but so many? Surely not!

Why is the game still on sale in the UK? And without any warnings of the problems? GAME has announcements as to how great the game is, the press have adverts.....but no appologies, NO WARNINGS!

Why are the solutions to some of the problems not available? Are that many people having problems? Why has the game not been recalled?

I have no intention of using the online facility within the game, so why is there not an option to disable it......or even better why is it not like older versions where you had to click on a link for network play.

£29.99 paid for a game that doesn't work......brilliant. Chances of a refund........NIL.....the seal has been broken as there were no warnings about the the problems and nothing to say "You must register this product before first use" on the sleeve.

So....how do I get an activation code when the one on the box is wrong, the website checker thing doesnt work and one doesnt want to waste money phoning either an automated service or a £1 a minute premium rate number.

Someone please help......or maybe someone might be able to suggest where a fully working copy of the game can be purchased!

[quote name='Neil Dejyothin']Drop me a PM.[/QUOTE]

Hi Neil,

There are many Mac users following this forum. We are still waiting for the patch as you know. Could you please kindly give us an update? Is there a problem? Should we expect it still tonight or tomorrow or later this week? I think we all deserve a status update. If the patch won't come tonight I can just come back to the forum tomorrow. Please advise.

Thank you.

[quote name='ericpatton']It would sure be nice if one SI person could answer some WWSM questions in this thread: [url]http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=61764&page=2[/url]. We have been asking for days in multiple threads and all you do is ignore us. You have a large number of very ****ed off customers who would like to see some cutomer service out of SI.[/QUOTE]

I only tried it in my old machne to check it wasnt a fault with the disc, i knew it was below spec for the game.

Ive got crash dumps foder. Game wont work. How do i fix this, ive tried deleting it , but nohting. Plzzzzzzzzzz help me

right, am posting ma problem and getting no reply and then other people post later than me and get seen 2 straight away, not really fair!!!!! I understand its not an ideal situation but a just want the god damn thing to work!!! been here since friday!!!!
I will explain my issue again, its nothing to do with error codes or anything! i put the disc in and nothing appears on the screen!! my computer isnt old, 6months old, got windows vista and fm 08 works! Ive tried alot of different things but still no joy!! am hittin the hay soon, someone from SI please help, i will be here tomorrow again!!

Mine plays but keeps freezing and saying 'football manager not responding' so i leave it a while and sometimes it starts working again and sometimes I have to go into task manager and come out of the game.

Why?

thanks

Guys I have had the game since release date and i have yet to take control of a match. My game keeps on freezing and its getting beyond a joke now at this stage. When i click on a result for another teams match the game freezes and i cant do anything but end process. I have a high spec laptop so dont know what the problem is at all.

I really could do with some help here SI.

Thanks

[quote name='mephistopheles']Hi Neil,

There are many Mac users following this forum. We are still waiting for the patch as you know. Could you please kindly give us an update? Is there a problem? Should we expect it still tonight or tomorrow or later this week? I think we all deserve a status update. If the patch won't come tonight I can just come back to the forum tomorrow. Please advise.

Thank you.[/QUOTE]

Hiya,

An update was provided earlier today I believe, but perhaps has got lost in the midst of other posts. We're still working on the Mac patch and we wanted to go live today but came across a couple of issues that we felt needed more testing.

We're hopeful we will be able to go live tomorrow, but that obviously depends on how the test results go.

Please accept our apologies in the meantime for the delay.

[quote name='mick69']right, am posting ma problem and getting no reply and then other people post later than me and get seen 2 straight away, not really fair!!!!! I understand its not an ideal situation but a just want the god damn thing to work!!! been here since friday!!!!
I will explain my issue again, its nothing to do with error codes or anything! i put the disc in and nothing appears on the screen!! my computer isnt old, 6months old, got windows vista and fm 08 works! Ive tried alot of different things but still no joy!! am hittin the hay soon, someone from SI please help, i will be here tomorrow again!![/QUOTE]

Can you drop me a PM with your email address please?

Hi guys, I seem to be having a problem with loading the game which has come up a couple of times earlier in the thread. When I load the game the screen goes black, nothing happens and then I get the following message:

fm.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

The error message is the following:
AppName: fm.exe AppVer: 9.0.0.23544 ModName: fm.exe
ModVer: 9.0.0.23544 Offset: 00f040d3

I've tried downloaded the Dxsdk file, what other things can I try?

PLEASE HELP IVE BEEN TRYING TO GET THE GAME TO WORK SINCE 3PM ON FRIDAY!!

I've also tried to download the patch but cant as it tells me windows has blocked it due to certificate or something!

Hi, I'm having problems with my FM09; it's basically the XML Parsing error. I tried your solution, but anytime i press ok, it says that what's in the target field is not valid. I can't press ok at all.

What do I do? Any help appreciated.

[quote name='kkb15']Hi, I'm having problems with my FM09; it's basically the XML Parsing error. I tried your solution, but anytime i press ok, it says that what's in the target field is not valid. I can't press ok at all.

What do I do? Any help appreciated.[/QUOTE]

That means you're not entering it in correctly or you are editing the wrong thing.

Try and give me a step by step of what you're doing.

[url]http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=64466[/url]

[url]http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?p=2071124#post2071124[/url]

[quote name='Skipster']Can't down load patch due to unauthorised Certificate?

Any ideas?[/QUOTE]

Where are you downloading the patch from?

Assuming you are using Inernet Explorer, can you try this:

[list]
[*] In Internet Explorer, go to the "Tools" menu, click "Internet Options".
[*] Click on the "Security" tab.
[*] Click on "Trusted sites".
[*] Click on the "Sites" button.
[*] In the "Trusted sites" dialog, under "Add this website to the zone", type the domain you want to download from (e.g. something like: mydomain.com).
[*] Make sure "Require server verification" is not ticked.
[*] Click "Add", then "Close" to close the "Trusted sites" dialog.
[*] Back in the "Internet Options" dialog click "OK" to close this dialog and apply the changes.
[*] Try to download the file.
[/list]

Does this help?

[quote name='steffanrhyswilliams']Step 5 – Please double click Launcher.exe and you will see a dialog box prompting you for your license key

At this step an error message appeared reading...

To run this application, you must first install one of the following versions of the .NET Framework: v2.0.50727
Contact your application publisher for instructions about obtaining the appropriate version of the .NET Framework [/QUOTE]

[quote name='Muzchap']You need to install the DotNet2 framework - you need this to run the game in the first place. So please download and install from:

[url]http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=0c1b0a88-59e2-4eba-a70e-4cd851c5fcc4&displaylang=en[/url][/QUOTE]

I have done this and still get the error message... someone please help!!

[quote name='Neil Dejyothin']That means you're not entering it in correctly or you are editing the wrong thing.

Try and give me a step by step of what you're doing.[/QUOTE]

I have the FM shortcut on my desktop. I right-click it, go to properties, then copy/paste the data at the end of the "fm.exe". Then when I try to press ok, it's stopping me..

[quote name='kkb15']I have the FM shortcut on my desktop. I right-click it, go to properties, then copy/paste the data at the end of the "fm.exe". Then when I try to press ok, it's stopping me..[/QUOTE]

Okay - the only part you need to put in at the end of that is:
--reset_preferences

..."fm.exe" --reset_preferences

Make sure it's in the "Target" field and not the other one.

If you like, copy and paste everything in the "Target" field and post it here.

"C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\fm.exe"

That's what in the target field already. I've tried adding the --reset_preferences to it.

Andy.K wrote:
[QUOTE]Hi

I appriciate that you've been busy over the last few days, and probably in need of a good holiday!

The problem I have been having with FM2009 is freezing after confirming my team selection, the confusing thing about this is that sometimes it freezes and sometimes it doesn't!

I had the issue with them demo but got round this by playing the game in windowed mode, after purchasing the game from Zaavi on release the windowed mode is now greyed out and can not be selected. I have tried playing the game in different resolutions which I can view. If i get the game to load the match screen it works perfectly for the rest of that session. When stop playing (usually around 5am!) and go back to it the next day and try and play it, it will freeze 9 times out of 10. It asks me to confirm team selection then the computer stops responding. When opening task manager the CPU is running at around 50% and the Physical Memory around 44%. It seems strange that if I can get into the first game then it runs fine for the rest of the session.

The system I'm using is a Dell Inspiron 531 with AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual
Core Processor 6000+ 3.00Ghz using Vista and 4.00GB RAM with a NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430 with 512MB with all the updated drivers. I have downloaded via steam and also directly and am using version 9.1 when the game opens up. Also downloaded the new direct x software.

I apologise for this strange query but there seems to be no obvious answer to me but it seems strange that it works sometimes and not others.

A speedy reply would be greatful but it is 11pm and I assume you've got hundreds/thousands of similar random quieries. But thanks for taking your time to read this.[/QUOTE]

I have a similar problem with my verison mate. Im using a new laptop less than 6 month old. Vista, Intel core 2 duo processor, with a Nvidia GeForce 8400m GS graphic card, 3bg ram etc. I haven't a clue on what to do get to work (has once) but its like talking to a brick wall

[quote name='Neil Dejyothin']Drop me a PM.[/QUOTE]

Hi,

The tip didn´t work, unfortunately. Appreciate the help so far though.

[quote name='kkb15']"C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\fm.exe"

That's what in the target field already. I've tried adding the --reset_preferences to it.[/QUOTE]

Add it outside the quotes so it reads:
[code]"C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\fm.exe" --reset_preferences[/code]

[quote name='Boah']Add it outside the quotes so it reads:
[code]"C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\fm.exe" --reset_preferences[/code][/QUOTE]

I've tried that.

Heey,

need sum help! lol.

Ryt... I installed the game after many efforts using uniloc and finally my activation code worked etc etc, and ive been playing the game (which is gr8 obv btw) and i saved it and exited the game, but now when i click on the shortcut i made it comes up with...

'football manager is not working... windows is checking for solution'

followed by.... ' football manager 2009 has stopped working...a problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is availiable'

What do i do to get the game workign again?

Ive also tried installing the patch 9.0.1 but when its actualyl updating the game i get an error when its updating 'file 159'. i'd post the images onto here if i cud remember how :s

Please any help and guidance wud b very much appreciated guys :)

Hi I'm still getting Error -51. I have tried your solution of uninstalling the game, and then rebooting, installing and then activating, but still getting the same error. When i get the error i click back and then next again and the screen gets stuck on the initialising page.
I am running windows vista

Installation: Successfulwith errors.

1587 Successes
0 Warnings
1 NonFatalErrors
0 FatalErrors

Action Notes:

None

Custom Action: com.sigames.InstallAnywhere.WindowsGameExplorer
Additional Notes: ERROR - class com.sigames.InstallAnywhere.WindowsGameExplorer NonfatalInstallException AddGameExplorerTasks() failed: Failed to retrieve GUID for application

[quote name='kkb15']I've tried that.[/QUOTE]

What error does it give you when you try to press "OK" to set it?

Ok so I had serious problems, first one being the XML Parsing error (so got rid of that by adding the reset preferences thingee, then it was stalling as it loaded so I tried to force small screen windowed mode and this brought back the Parsing error, so problem solved through a round about route. Just incase anyone else has this issue I changed my target and it now says "C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\football manager 2009\fm.exe" --reset_preferences --small_screen --windowed and that worked a charm now I have got it running, after reading this thread and thinking it through. Thanks Guys.

I just bought WWSM off of steam, and downloaded the game, but now it says its "pre-loaded" and would unlock when its officially released, which was supposed to happen today.

[quote name='oliverr99']Anyone else having problems with typing on the game? Whenever I type one letter two come up on the screen? Really poor.[/QUOTE]

I had that on the demo, not it the real game tho

If I play with 1 Striker and an AMC just behind him, on my tactics screen it shows my striker twice and my AMC twice, unfortunately it doesnt mean I have 13 players on the pitch tho

It says the name specified in the target box is not valid. Please make sure the path and file name are correct.