Known issues and solutions - FAQ

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey J Lambden, i've got the same problem. From other posts in the thread (and subsequent responses), it appears to be a problem with the SIS chipset. Apparently, they are tracking one down to test, and supply a solution. Sorry, but by that rational, i think we just need to wait. I've requested to be informed once a solution is found, though.

Why couldn't they just keep the game the same as 08 in terms of launching!!!

I just want to play the f-ing game, whether i'm online or not, whenever I want!!!

How do I uninstall this piece of ****...thanks for ruining my experience of a fantastic game SI.

So angry....

I couldnt agree more with there. They have ruined a perfect game.

Have you installed the patch? If not, do that. Also download and install the directx SDK from here: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en. Hopefully this will help.

Thanks mate, but I have already downloaded the direct SDK but can't download the patch. The SI games one is not there and the one from Rapidshare is not being accepted due to a windows issue??

Help!!

Markboy93

loads of people are asking about this on the Technical Issues Forum, but nobody is replying. I can see you guys are busy but this seems to be the one problem not getting an answer.

i see, im thinking its because they do not know how to solve this then. :confused:

Ok i firstly had Can't set up graphics downloaded your stuff, then update steam, then downloaded the patch, my drives are up to date (the last update avaliable is 2004). Now i have same problem a clock and a L and then it closes after a while sayng it can run and had to be closed.

I had no problems of any sort with FM2008 with maximum set up (like 20 playable leagues)

My card is a VIA/S3G Unichrome PRO IGP

Now my point is you mad life miserable to hundres of people and u never mantion before that new game requirements were so high.

Just tell me will i be able to run this game or not as I have limited time to bring the game back and get a refund.

Have to say, I´m getting slightly annoyed with the lack of any substantial replies from people who might hold the answers to mine and others questions. We have paid for a product, and should expect to receive said product in a functional shape. Most of us have been without such product for five days soon. And I´m guessing still counting...

I guess (hope) my messages are just being missed in the rush and not being ignored :(

3rd tme lucky on here.

I was playing the game (slowly) via steam, I changed it to play in windows but when I load I get "fm.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close." The data error signature is "AppName: fm.exe AppVer 9.1.0.26064 ModName: fm.exe ModVer:9.1.0.26064 Offset 00fdc281"

For the record, Friday was spent initiallizing, Saturday and Sunday spent upgrading/trawling these forums for clues on how to get through all the errors, not impressed thus far.

Peter

Please post here even if you've posted in another thread and we're yet to help you.

computer wont even read disk,nothing happens at all,i have all specified requirements and it has windows xp.Game works on my missus laptop and that has vista,is there a problem with installing on xp.Please help,been phoning helpline since friday and no one answers.

What operating system are you using? For example, Windows XP or Windows Vista?

How did you install the game? Did you buy a boxed copy or digitally through Steam?

Do you have an FM shortcut on your desktop?

im using vista i installed the game normally not with steam, i have a box copy, i have a fm short cut

J lamben I understand what you say, but i am of the same opinion of dj2mmy i have purchased a product of 2 big brands SI and Sega and it is not working, if a BMW is not working would you accept the dealer telling you bear with me ?

Yeah I do see what you mean as I have not bought the game yet and it is only my demo not working. They (SI) have mucked up badly this year and there is no doubt that this is the worst football manager yet. I dont understand why we could all play fm 08 but not this one!.

I got the graphics error at first and installed directx which allowed me to start to launch the game.

My problem now is:

the sports interactive logo appears on the screen followed by the 'Lets kick racism' logo which i assume is normal. then the screen goes blank and had a flickering dial in the bottom right hand corner with a 'L' above it and thats it.

I have to CTRL, ALT and delete to quit.

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got the graphics error at first and installed directx which allowed me to start to launch the game.

My problem now is:

the sports interactive logo appears on the screen followed by the 'Lets kick racism' logo which i assume is normal. then the screen goes blank and had a flickering dial in the bottom right hand corner with a 'L' above it and thats it.

I have to CTRL, ALT and delete to quit.

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!

Same here Paul , although SI dont seem to have a soloution to the problem and are not sure what to do

So, is there ANY promise of a patch for Mac users, that we were promised would happen TODAY, and has, as yet, failed to materialise, or should we all just accept that we've been duped into buying something that doesn't work, with nobody willing to help? The thing I especially dont get - why say the patch would be released today when it clearly wont? Better yet, why say the game was ready on the 14th, when clearly it isn't? This is how you lose fans.

I should have got the message when the guy selling me FM09 from 'GAME' today, asked if I had the right spec on my computer and then said that as soon as I open the seal I'll not get a refund, unless there is a fault with the game!! Not sure what category these issues fall in and whether GAME have been informed.

All I can say is that as a non techy I am struggling with the basics and these problems are doing more harm to the reputation of SI and SEGA than they realise...its a shame as the previous editions of FM have been excellent.

I'm also getting the message "array access out of bounds" while im playing a game it shuts down, the game is still running in the task manager and i can't do anything about it...

and seriously i am not going to wait till January for you to make a new patch so try fix this we didn't pay for a box to look at.

I can't play the game due to an XML parsing error

If you have a shortcut on your desktop you can do the following:

Right-click on the FM shortcut.

Choose "Properties" from the pop-up menu.

In the "Target" field, add the --reset_preferences command line option after "fm.exe", so it should look like this:

"C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\fm.exe" --reset_preferences

Press OK and then try to run the game as normal, using the shortcut.

You'll want to remove the command after you run the game, as otherwise it will continue to reset your preferences every time you launch.

If you don't have a shortcut you can make one and then perform the instructions on the shortcut you've made

ive tried this but it does'nt let me put anything in the target field.

IS THERE ANY CHANCE YOU CAN EXPLAIN THIS IN SIMPLE TERMS AS WHEN I TRY TO DO IT IT DOES'NT MAKE SENSE.

please help.

This is so unacceptable from a company of your size, its untrue. Can anyone else fathom why, when people work so hard for their money, and spend it carefully on the few things they enjoy, that Sega and SI can get away with taking peoples money and being so lazy and lacklustre in helping them. DONT promise things on a certain day if you cant deliver. Be honest with us, if it's not going to be ready until wednesday, don't say monday. This is pathetic and completely unfair. WHEN will the patch for MAC be ready????????

A repsponse from an administrator would be preferable.

Iam so so frustrated!! my disk does nothing when in the disk drive, not a window appears, i have windows vista etc so dnt know wit the hell is happening!! I phoned and emailed sega and got nothing, emailed microsoft.............nothing!! downloaded softwear, nothing!!!! been looking for answers for hours!! pleeeeeeeeeease help!!!!

So, is there ANY promise of a patch for Mac users, that we were promised would happen TODAY, and has, as yet, failed to materialise, or should we all just accept that we've been duped into buying something that doesn't work, with nobody willing to help? The thing I especially dont get - why say the patch would be released today when it clearly wont? Better yet, why say the game was ready on the 14th, when clearly it isn't? This is how you lose fans.

I'm so disappointed, it's unacceptable, really :mad:

How can these people cheat us like that :thdn::thdn::thdn:

Hey, don't know if anyone has had this problem but when i try to load the game it doesn't seem to work. it loads really slowly and doesn't ever get to the main page. I can only describe it as stuttering as it loads up but doesn't ever load up. Its really dark and it takes ages. Any suggestions on how to get it to work. Any suggestions?

Hi, I haven't posted since Saturday night because I've been playing the game, I just wanted to say thanks to Marc for his efforts and patience on Saturday. He helped me out and I'm sure hundreds of others. Disappointed with all the problems but worked his arse off to get people up and running. Fair play. Thanks Marc.

Fix: Please download the following update from the Microsoft Direct X SDK: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=5493F76A-6D37-478D-BA17-28B1CCA4865A&displaylang=en

You should also check that you are running the latest graphics driver, you can do this by visiting the computer manufacturer website, or by visiting the graphics card manufacturing website.

I installed fm09 on sat with the patch and it worked fine with the 2d matches, until tonight. I got to the pre match tactics screen pressed continue then it crashed, tried it a few times and just kept happening. I looked at the advice in the technical forums and installed the SDK file and updated my driver and then it wouldn't load saying it "failed to setup a graphics system"! I've uninstalled and reinstalled it and it still doesn't work. I've followed all of the advice that i've seen but now have no idea what to do to get it to work, please help!

NO IDEA WHETHER THIS WILL HELP OTHER MAC USERS??

I installed the game on an iMac, but the game failed to even boot up.

Ive searched this and every other forum i could find since Friday, with no luck.

Decided to uninstall the game, and re-install and noticed when i reinstalled that by default it loads into a directory in my applications under "Sports Interactive" however when i installed second time, i selected the directory "Applications" and the game installed under a directory called "Football Manager 2009" Now it starts up and plays without problem.

I have only got as far as setting up my manager profile, but its a hell of a lot further than ive got all weekend.

Hope this helps other mac users!!

Hi guys, I seem to be having a problem with loading the game which has come up a couple of times earlier in the thread. When I load the game the screen goes black, nothing happens and then I get the following message:

fm.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

The error message is the following:

AppName: fm.exe AppVer: 9.0.0.23544 ModName: fm.exe

ModVer: 9.0.0.23544 Offset: 00f040d3

I've tried downloaded the Dxsdk file, what other things can I try?

PLEASE HELP IVE BEEN TRYING TO GET THE GAME TO WORK SINCE 3PM ON FRIDAY!!

You need to re-install DirectX which includes this file.

You can grab it from here:

http://www.filehippo.com/download_directx/download/dc79b571503b126c180f22aca64b8e67/

Does FM 2009 demo only work with Windows XP and DirectX 9? When I install FM 2009 demo on Vista computer I get the "need to re-install DirectX" error message.

Vista uses DirectX 10 not DirectX 9.

Will I have I install FM 2009 demo on a XP computer?

LADS/LASSIES: PLEASE HELP

My problem is with downloading the patch.

I have downloaded four times now and still get same message at the end. Something about blocked digital certificate. Have seen on the FAQ about creating a shortcut with the nointegritychecks thing and I did that.

Still the same though.

I have a no. of questions.

Is the patch actually on my PC somewhere (C Drive maybe?) but just blocked until I do something to release it?

Do I do the command shortcut first or leave it open when I'm downloading the patch?

Really need to find out what the hell is going on because I cannot face downloading the patch again for another hour only to get the same message blocking it because of the digital certificate.

(Oh and I have downloaded the DirectX thing)

Have managed to play the game today but only got through 3 matches due to the speed (or lack of) in the actual matches....tried all the advice on forums(window mode etc etc) even tried reinstalling in Uni' mode from STEAM......came out of the game and then when I went to go back in it wouldn't load.....FM encountered problem and needs to close or some crap.

Spent all weekend trying to sort this nonsense out (experiencig a catologue of errors and fixes and so on) and have now given up, uninstalled the game, taken disk out of pc for first time since Friday afternoon....will be returning it tomorrow.....What a Joke.

I just want to know if you can get updated players and club details for FM08??????????????????? (Wont hold my breath on an answer to this question.)

If you can I will gladly re-install and play FM08 as it was a lot less hassle than 09 (which has been more like work than leisure)

I'm rapidly losing the will to live. My activation code is chock full of 0/O's as well as I/1's. I've tried as many variations as my patience will allow at http://keylookup.fm2009.softanchorinsight.com/ (note the different link from the broken one that is given on other topics here), every time it tells me my key is incorrect. What next please SI?

bump.....whilst moderators sort out the important stuff like people posting in the wrong forum and using text speak. an absolute shambles

Hi,

I am at my wits end, all i ever get when i try to install FM09 is an error saying:

Installer UI Mode Error:

Installer User Interface Mode Not Supported

Unable to load and to prepare the installer in GUI mode.

I am using Windows Vista 64 Ultimate an my system is well above spec so theres no issue there.

I have tried lowering the resolution or setting the display to basic. Ive tried running it in XP SP2 compatibility mode and running it as administrator. Ive also tried Direct X SDK to see if that would fix it.

I have spent hours trying to find something on the internet without any success! Ive had the game since its release day and all i wanna do is play it!!!

Any help would be greatly appreciated

(By the way i had the demo working on my system fine)

ok, som now i can still play as the windowed mode is working properly now.. any idea wht i have this issue or if there is a fix? the 3d engine also runs very slowly..

it happened 2 me and i wont play it until i think ive sorted it,and i may have!i read up about array access out of bound thing and its something to do with scripts and memory,so try updating ur adobe reader if ya have it and also get the latest java download,i hope it helps as im banking on it 2 work 4 me!

Archived